This thread (hopefully) contains all the relevant information you need for season 9! Starting off with the information relevant to both servers, then ending with individual differences!
OP and Classic details
- Overworld is 15,000
- Nether is 3,000
- End is 6,000
- Tuesday at 2am GMT
- Tuesday at 7pm GMT
- Wednesday at 10pm GMT
- Thursday at 7pm GMT
- Saturday at 2am GMT
Grace period lasts 1 week precisely, so TNT and Creepers will be enabled at 4pm GMT on Saturday the 24th of March.
Custom Mob Drops
- Creepers have a chance of dropping TNT
- Iron Golems only drop Iron
- Cows only drop Raw Beef
- Ocelots have a chance to drop Creeper Eggs
- Witches drop potions... lots of potions.
- Not a custom drop but Blaze spawners are good for XP!
Custom Items & Bedrock
- You can use XP to buy Bedrock to build a better base! If you're level 30, you can buy 2 Bedrock at the shop.
If you don't know what the Purge is yet it's an event we host at the end of each OP(Factions) season inspired by the movie of the same name. Basically, for around 20 hours before we launch for the new season we let players hack, destroy spawn and so on just for fun!
Rules of the Purge
- The Purge only happens on Factions and OPFactions, anyone caught cheating in any other gamemode will still be banned.
- You're allowed to hack, bug abuse, destroy spawn - do whatever! What you're not allowed to do is break chat rules. So no spamming, cussing, disrespect etc.
- No hacking before or after the allocated time slot!
When is the Purge?
Friday 8pm GMT to Saturday 4pm GMT. Once season 8's world close, you stop hacking.
How can I buy the Purge kit?
Purge kit will be on the store from Thursday at 8pm so you can nab yourself a nice red nametag and a useful kit in game for your hacking needs! (Kit expires...
The time has finally come, season 9 (Or season 2.3, whichever you want to call it) is upon us! On Saturday, March 17th, at 4pm GMT both Factions and OP Factions will reset.
Yes, even your enderchest.
We have quite a few substantial changes planned for this reset including but not limited to:
Custom Mob Drops
This should really spice up the season, and change the dynamic of the spawner economy!
- Iron Golems will no longer drop poppies, meaning you won't need poppy filters (hopefully less lag from hoppers yay!)
- Creepers will now occasionally drop TNT
- Witches will drop a wide variety of potions!
Boosting the value of XP
We're introducing a system in which you can use the XP you earn to purchase Bedrock!
Bedrock will take 12 hits of TNT to break, making it 3 times stronger than obsidian.
This adds ANOTHER element to the spawner economy - making any and all valuable on some level.
This is an element we've felt...
Yes, you read that right, Prison... on Skycade. Shocker I know!
We feel we've reached a point where we can expand the network further and open more opportunities for growth as well as provide you guys - our dedicated community - yet another gamemode to play on without having to worry too much about spending money to get ahead.
I think first and foremost I should say that this server wasn't designed or developed by us, the server initially launched a year or so ago by our good friend Peraldon and his partner in this project ASFJerome, so there's a decent chance a few of you might have already played it or seen his videos on it!
The server closed down several months ago so we decided to purchase it from Peraldon.
If you ever played there or have seen his streams you'll know that the server had ranks - rest assured no ranks will be in the Skycade version.
Now onto the part you'll actually care about: the gamemode itself.
This server is massively customised with custom enchants, a...
Ewph, it has been a while since I made one of these - nearly 2 months! It was the holiday season though so forgive the wait.
But that does mean there has been a whole lot of changes since our last blog, but before we hop into all of that I just want to acknowledge the factions reset which you can read about here. The reset went amazingly, we broke our player record hitting 1,164 players on the network at one time and have since been over 1,000 several times. This is incredible and we'd like to thank you all for the continued support over the past 2 years.
Now let's hop into the updates:
We have a new hub! You may or may not have noticed but the hub is styled in a Red v Blue style, blue representing the non-PvP focused gamemodes and red representing our PvP gamemodes. As well as it being a new build you can now fly around on the 'Fly Pearls' and ride your pets...
Before I jump into the timetable I want to thank you guys for the awesome start to season 8 and note that we hit 1000 players for the first time in Skycade's history, which is incredible! Anyway, here's the schedule:
Conquests will be held once a week on each gamemode!
OP Factions: Saturday 7pm UK time
Classic Factions: Sunday 7pm UK time
Airdrops will be held once every week day on both gamemodes at the same time!
OP and Classic: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10pm UK time
OP and Classic: Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm UK time
Hopefully this combined with the f top changes makes the season a more fun, competitive season than ever before!
This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Seasonal Purge sanctioned by the Skycade Management.
As you should all know by now OP factions and Classic factions reset on the 16th of December at 5pm UK time, you can read all about that here.
But... well, you've all been asking if it's happening and here it is... your seasonal purge. This marks the end of season 7, once the map goes down the purge is over!
Release your inner demons with 20ish hours of hacking and griefing from 7pm UK time on the 15th of December (Friday) until the map resets and we move into season 8 at 5pm UK time the next day.
All chat rules still apply and you will be muted if you break them, all ban rules still apply apart from our rule against hacking. For the 20ish hours during the purge you will be allowed to hack and grief spawn and do about anything you'd like. Remember...
The time has come for this season to come to an end, we'll be resetting both servers on the 16th of December at 5pm UK time with so many updates.
As most of you know this season was our first season back on 1.8 and we introduced a load of new features including Conquest, Airdrop and a custom /f top and personally I think this has been the most enjoyable season Skycade's had so far. For the reset we've used this season as a foundation and just built onto it, making quite a lot of changes as I'm about to list, if it's not listed here it's not changing (like the border size, ally limit and so on):
Changes that we've made to both servers
- We're changing f top! We're splitting f top into 2 segments, the first being achievement points and the 2nd being points you earn through Airdrops and Conquests. We're also introducing a way for you to lose the f top points earned through Conquest or Airdrops, though not achievements. If you're killed in your own claim then...
Feels like I say this almost every blog now but it has been a while since I've written one of these!
Since the last staff blog a whole lot has happened but mainly Skyblock, which you can read about here.
Skyblock changes since the announcement
- We've expanded the shop to include some more items previously unobtainable, and you can suggest more items in suggestions.
- We've added /xpbottle and /ptime to the permissions pack
- Optimisations to reduce lag (these are ongoing)
- Several bug fixes like removing /is minishop
- Added a bulk sell option to the shop
- Added playershops
- We've introduced an /is trust command - it's like /is coop but isn't removed if you log out.
- Preparing behind the scenes for a cool future update
- Preparing some more builds for some cool future stuff!
- On Friday we'll be adding a few new suffixes for Black Friday and doing...