So since the last staff blog a lot has happened including the launch of OP Factions and Classic Factions, these launches went awesomely and we didn't expect such a good response! The jump in players has been fantastic to see and we hope you're all enjoying yourselves. This increase in players comes with its downsides, including more hackers and a busy busy chat! We've taken steps to alleviate this by making changes to how the staff team functions. You can read about that here. But that leads me onto my next point...
Staff Applications are OPEN! This won't be news to those of you that have played for a while, as they're always open. But for the new players or those that might've not known, we have applications for helper and we're in need of more staff so if you're interested and feel you could do the job then feel free to apply...
I am pleased to announce that tonight at 8pm BST the Purge will commence.
- Hacking is allowed on factions.
- Normal chat rules still apply.
- Alt limit still applies.
- FACTIONS ONLY. Hacking on Skyblock, SMP or KitPvP is not allowed.
- PvP will be enabled at spawn.
- At some point after 8pm spawn will be unclaimed and you'll be able to grief the joint.
- The player count will likely be limited initially to TRY and prevent lag.
- There WILL be lag at various points during this event. Don't shout at us, you scumbags want this.
- This runs from 8pm until we go down tomorrow for the reset. Anyone hacking after we reset / launch should be banned.
We will announce on twitter and ingame when the Purge kit becomes available on the store (should be in about an hour). Once purchased you'll be able to /kit purge every 15 minutes and redeem OP gear, you'll also get the rare dark red name tag that will last...
With the launch of OP Factions this weekend it was about time we invited some new youtubers to join the team. I am super excited to announce that this weekend @Generzon & @Char will be beginning their new series over on Skycade!!
Gen and Char will be focusing their attention on an OP Factions Let's Play multiple times a week, as well as the odd Trolling video every so often!
They're both great people and I am really looking forward to working with them (/trolling them for clickbait).
Make sure you're subscribed to both of their channels so you don't miss out on any Skycade content:
In the future I hope to get even more awesome Youtubers creating Skycade content so that we can continue to grow the server and reach our 1000 player goal!
Hello everyone! You may have noticed over the past week some changes to certain staff ranks. These changes are part of a complete staff overhaul that we have been working on in order to improve motivation and efficiency. The following picture and explanations will elaborate on what these changes entail.
Jack - Owner and final decision maker.
System Admin - Currently Dwayne. In charge of ensuring the smooth running of plugins and the physical server. Organises the developers.
Developer(s) - Currently Ricky. Develops plugins for the server.
Staff Manager - Currently Holly. Manages all things staff related, including promotions, demotions, applications and monitoring activity.
Community Manager - Currently Alex. Manages the server and community. Responsible for all things server related, the price of dirt, the rules, the timing of resets and so on. They are also responsible for the forums, events and media. Working closely with the Staff Manager and Admin(s) the Community Manager...
So the long awaited day has finally come, the factions reset is upon us. If you've kept up to date on announcements you'll know already that the next season of factions will be in the 1.8 version of Minecraft, this improves both PvP and cannons - you can read about that here. This change is not the only change we've made as you'll see later in the post, we've added new features to make the gamemode more competitive and fun as we move further towards what's known as Skycade 2.0.
As the title suggests, we're not just resetting our current map, we're also introducing a new gamemode to Skycade: OPFactions.
OPFactions is the same concept as regular factions, you make your faction, you grind out your base and you battle it out! Raid, PvP, get rich and crush the competition! The differences are that OPFactions has higher enchantments, so you can get up to protection 25 for example,...
Yo, just a quick update to give you a few more details about the SMP launch this weekend!
- SMP will be open to the public at Noon UK on Saturday the 26th of August.
- Beta access tickets are now on sale and can be purchased here, giving you access to the gamemode at Noon on the 25th. This package also comes with a limited edition white nametag, formally only available at Christmas!
- 1.12.1 will be required to join SMP, but you will then be able to join every other gamemode on the server.
- Pets will not be on SMP initially for technical reasons but should be added a few days after launch. You'll be able to use any pets you have purchased previously eventually! Along with all other global cosmetics.
- SMP will not be pay2win just like the rest of the network! Beta access is only available because it is a non-competitive gamemode. Stuff mentioned in previous post:
We'll be releasing an SMP server for you guys on Saturday the 26th of August!
This marks the start of Skycade 2.0 as we refocus our efforts on creating gamemodes that the community will enjoy to a standard other servers don't reach whilst maintaining a non pay to win, fair and friendly environment! SMP is of course not a competitive gamemode but regardless it will not be pay to win - players will get plenty of permissions without buying any as ever!
SMP is a brand new gamemode to Skycade and we've put hours and hours into the design in terms of builds, permissions and server set up and it looks incredible!
You'll get to learn all about the gamemode once it opens but here's a few details:
- There will be 4 worlds! 1 End, 1 Nether and 2 Overworlds.
- 1 Overworld will be a 'Resource World' where you can go and mine, farm and grind any recourses you need. PvP will be enabled in this world, so watch your back!
- The other Overworld will be the 'Building World' where players can set...
Welcome to the 8th staff blog, huge news in this one!
We're happy to announce that the next season of factions will be on the 1.8 version of Minecraft! This means the old TNT mechanics we all know and enjoy as well as the smoother, better PvP you're all used to.
The reset date isn't set yet so keep your eyes peeled for one and keep grinding our current map for the end of the world events! (Winner gets a prize to help them at the start of next map)
The next season of factions will be bigger and better than Skycade's ever had with more claims, more competition and some cool new updates!
Hope you're all as excited as we are x
Factions Updates (Current map)
- Sponge now acts the same with lava as it does with water, meaning you can get rid of it easily!
- Warp Enchant has been expanded!
- Added an Iron Block sell sign!
- You're now allowed to use a One Click Crafting mod to speed...
Today there were some issues on Skyblock, where a hacker logged in and took control of some players accounts. The situation has been handled accordingly, and players have been unbanned. If anyone is still banned for being compromised, please change your password and appeal on the forums!
A few other quick announcements:
Skyblock has been rolled back to 4 pm BST 7/30/2017.
Reminder to NEVER click on or open suspicious links in chat. It just causes trouble!
SrMods and higher will soon be granted more permissions to more quickly solve similar issues.
A huge thank you to the other players, Helpers, and Mods who came on to help the situation through reporting it, controlling chat, and saving player's items.
EDIT | IMPORTANT UPDATE
Skyblock is back up and running, and a close eye will be kept on it.