What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3-4 week long faction seasons lengths

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
I think this would be a great suggestion as all skycade seasons die normally after the 1st month and the best example of this is last season Last season went from having a lot of players then even when the duping was fixed was struggling to get 30 players and if the season is 3-4 weeks long it wont get boring to easily as well also in between seasons you could have kitmap since it was super fun the last time

Bcof

I paint my nails💅like the true lady that i am💁
Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Id say 6 weeks. A month is wayy to short in my opinion

dislikethevideo

professional kill stealer
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
SlackingNA
SlackingNA
Emerald
take a look at almost any server skycade is the only server with long maps

Bcof

Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Vanity's faction maps last 2 weeks including 6 days of grace. A 6 week long map is fine

Parroting_Is_God

GODPAIN
GODPAIN
honestly it dies out because there’s no payout.
no payout = no real comp
no real comp = boring

seasons are long on here because development is slow.

aidanhh

bot pvper
Emerald
Diamond
aidanhh
aidanhh
Emerald
yea i think the seasons are longer cuz it takes ages to develop the new things for new seasons, cuz apparently the sb season atm is gonna be like another 3 months long lol and its already been like 5 or 6 months and 9 months for a season of skyblock is way too long lmao

Parmanbir

Diamond
Parmanbir
Parmanbir
Diamond
I think this would be a great suggestion as all skycade seasons die normally after the 1st month and the best example of this is last season Last season went from having a lot of players then even when the duping was fixed was struggling to get 30 players and if the season is 3-4 weeks long it wont get boring to easily as well also in between seasons you could have kitmap since it was super fun the last time
It’s been a few months since reset and the server still gets over 70-100 players. Stop cappin

Dogy

Iron
xDogy
xDogy
Iron
It’s been a few months since reset and the server still gets over 70-100 players. Stop cappin
70-100 players isint a lot for skycade, it use to get 200 per each server 400 for both op factions and factions

Parmanbir

Diamond
Parmanbir
Parmanbir
Diamond
70-100 players isint a lot for skycade, it use to get 200 per each server 400 for both op factions and factions
Last season skycade had 10 so it’s a improvement

Last edited:

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
I like shorter maps, like 6 weeks sounds good, but sometimes things take time and right now Taon is working pretty hard for the next reset.

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
I like shorter maps, like 6 weeks sounds good, but sometimes things take time and right now Taon is working pretty hard for the next reset.
6 weeks sounds pretty nice 1 week grace 5 week tnt

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
@Taon2 Please give your input in this

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
The problem is that there are other gamemodes we have to work on too. Sure while it would be ideal to have short factions seasons, it would give us no time to look into anything else. My goal is to get them shorter, as this one right now has been decently long, but I'm sure it wont be less than 2-3 months.

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
The problem is that there are other gamemodes we have to work on too. Sure while it would be ideal to have short factions seasons, it would give us no time to look into anything else. My goal is to get them shorter, as this one right now has been decently long, but I'm sure it wont be less than 2-3 months.
Fair point but if its to short maybe add opfactions back so maybe when 1 is finished opfacs comes and it will give developers time

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
Fair point but if its to short maybe add opfactions back so maybe when 1 is finished opfacs comes and it will give developers time
Also a good idea would be to make all gamemodes enjoyable for everyone even players who don't normally play so its something to do and maybe add the purge back as its been requested along with kitmap

Bcof

Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Also a good idea would be to make all gamemodes enjoyable for everyone even players who don't normally play so its something to do and maybe add the purge back as its been requested along with kitmap
With the current lag on gamemodes, a purge is not possible

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond

Celmestra

Professional KOTH Capper.
Emerald
Diamond
Celmestra
Celmestra
Emerald
I like this idea, it stops what I feel like is happening at the moment. Where one faction completely dominates everyone else, just because they’ve been active the whole season, having a long season tends to send new players away since they’re in the middle of a long season, where everyone is fully geared and everything, while they’re new and have no gear whatsoever. BUT I do get why Skycade has long seasons, to prepare for the next season, but also it’s something special about Skycade in my opinion. So it’s a tied argument. Skycade has always had longer seasons and it hasn’t been too much of a problem in the past.