A Few Rules Updated:

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joe, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe Carrot King
    Youtuber

Hi guys,
    Just a short forum post to highlight some changes we've made to rules in the past few days.

The first thing I wanted to talk about is the increase in glitching into bases using various methods. As Jack talked about in a previous post, this is to do with how Minecraft is coded rather than an issue on our end. Having said that, we have taken measures to minimise this such as disabling enderpearls in claimed land and disabling creeper damage on obsidian. Due to this, anyone caught using any method of glitching into bases will be permanently banned from the network.

Similarly, we have also seen an increase in those using WorldDownloader in inappropriate ways; we initially allowed this mod to be used to download your bases to single player etc., though have seen it used as an xray-like tool to assist in raiding. Due to this, we have decided that World Downloader is no longer an allowed mod and those found using it will be banned in a manner similar to x-ray - 30 days on a first offence.

It has also been decided that abusing the help offered by staff members is against the rules. If you ask a helper for assistance and TP trap/slit their throat, don't be surprised if you're hit with a ban. By all means, trap them when you've "found a big raid, tp", but not when you tell them you need help. Nobody likes a scumbag. Don't waste staff time!

Any questions, I'll do my best to answer!
    Thanks
    Joe

EDIT:
    I'm aware this is gonna make some folks salty, but the forums ladder has been changed so that it is now number of likes required to rank up and not number of posts. You gotta work a lot harder than just spamming every thread in sight to become appreciated! ;)

#1 Joe, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. MaxTNT

MaxTNT Well Known Forums Member

TwoThreeFourO
    The first thing I wanted to talk about is the increase in glitching into bases using various methods. As Jack talked about in a previous post, this is to do with how Minecraft is coded rather than an issue on our end. Having said that, we have taken measures to minimise this such as disabling enderpearls in claimed land and disabling creeper damage on obsidian. Due to this, anyone caught using any method of glitching into bases will be permanently banned from the network. Well done! Reduce Glitching = Make Skycade Great Again = Legit Raiding Returns

Similarly, we have also seen an increase in those using WorldDownloader in inappropriate ways; we initially allowed this mod to be used to download your bases to single player etc., though have seen it used as an xray-like tool to assist in raiding. Due to this, we have decided that World Downloader is no longer an allowed mod and those found using it will be banned in a manner similar to x-ray - 30 days on a first offence. Yeah.... True

It has also been decided that abusing the help offered by staff members is against the rules. If you ask a helper for assistance and TP trap/slit their throat, don't be surprised if you're hit with a ban. By all means, trap them when you've "found a big raid, tp", but not when you tell them you need help. Nobody likes a scumbag. Don't waste staff time! This actually makes sense. Using a staff's job to help by asking for help and tp trapping them

Nice Job!
    :)

Codge_, OcadochOfficial and Wingdan like this.
  3. Wingdan

Wingdan Active Forums Member

Wait so when raiding in claimed land you have to break both blocks to get in Instead 1 them epearl in the base
    Huh well whatever the community wants :) ;)

nicolas likes this.
  4. Solar_Flare (Taon2 fan)

Solar_Flare (Taon2 fan) Well Known Forums Member

It helps :)

Wingdan likes this.
  5. xMqtt

xMqtt Moderator

I agree with everything except the world download part. On other servers, world download has always been a useful tool in finding weak points in other factions bases in order to raid them. You can't exactly download the entire world and gamemode 3 the floor to find unclaimed bases, which is the main reason people x-ray. Also, without world download, people won't know if a base is worth raiding. I see where you're coming from but people aren't gonna spend time out of their day if they keep spending hours raiding only to get inside to find an empty obsidian box. If people don't know if a base is worth trying to raid, they will only resort to using glitches to get in quickly if there's a chance that inside the base there will be nothing.

6. Solar_Flare (Taon2 fan)

Solar_Flare (Taon2 fan) Well Known Forums Member

But at the same time, World download enables you to... XRAY! wow. that's new

DeltaBlade likes this.
  7. xMqtt

xMqtt Moderator

Well yeh it lets you see inside bases. You can't exactly run across the whole map, download it and look for bases in single player.

8. RainbowTnT3

RainbowTnT3 Well Known Forums Member

Love the perm ban aspect. So them glitchers won't come back to ruin some more days... Awesome!

nicolas likes this.
  9. JustJack

JustJack Well Known Forums Member

Gg thank god for that now people can't glitch into bases and waste staff time ;)

10. _Gatsu_

_Gatsu_ Well Known Forums Member

>Anyone who glitches into a base gets perm-banned

I have a feeling we'll see alot of people go with this one

Also YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11. JustJack

;)

12. AWNGaming

AWNGaming Well Known Forums Member

Joe make sure to update the allowed mods list, that's where most people will look :)

13. JustJack

Ayy very true ;)

14. Will

Will Well Known Forums Member

So will you need to break 2 blocks of a base wall to be able to fit through if ender pearls are disabled?

15. JustJack

I'm not sure

16. Will

Will Well Known Forums Member

I think that's the only way.

17. turtle1337

turtle1337 Member

what if i wanna use the mod to download my base can i record to prove im not xraying

18. Magma

Magma Well Known Forums Member

no you can x-ray it off-camera

19. Lustfulraider

Lustfulraider Well Known Forums Member

Actually you can. I won't name the mod but I'm assuming it's what he's refrencing.

20. Ronald246

Ronald246 Member

Wait why would world download be a banned mod. What if we found a base already and want to see what's in side or line up a cannon with a certain area in the base?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.