What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A plea to Skycade management

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
wait so ur saying that you have made multiple threads like this before and staff never responded? so ur basically telling me that u are asking for likes
k
This is my first thread of this nature. I am referring to those that have tried previously. Plus I legit don't care about likes, I am probably quitting at the end of this season, so please tell me why I would want likes if I am leaving?

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
Anticheat
From what you have said it seems as though you are suggesting a custom anticheat. We simply do not have the money to fund something like this. It take a huge amount of time to develop and test an anticheat, all that time costing Skycade money. Whilst we aren't looking into a custom anticheat we have begun to look into different anticheats for specific problems, an example being that we now use another anticheat to prevent glitching.

Screensharing
There are lots of reasons why screensharing isn't appropriate for Skycade. The main one being that is an invasion of privacy and considering the low age of the majority of Skycade's playerbase, it seems inappropriate. There is also the fact that it would take a lot of time to train the staff to do screenshare and know what to look for. You suggested a screensharing tool but the only options for that would be to either develop our own or use another server's which is most likely out of the question. The reason we can develop our own is the same reason that we can't develop our own anticheat.

Cannoning
Cannoning is constantly being worked on every season, not much else to say.

Minimodding
Minimodding isn't actually allowed if a staff member is already present and dealing with a situation. There is no problem, however, with players helping to enforce the rules when a member of staff isn't available. To address your situation with saying "fk", this doesn't seem like a situation specific to minimodding, anyone could have reported you for it. Basically, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have no need to be worried about people "snitching" on you. You claim minimods cause toxicity when in reality the toxicity comes from people thinking they can get away with stuff when staff around around and then getting mad when they are caught. Comparing minimods to stalkers just discredits your valid points and makes you come across as bitter because in reality the two really aren't the same.

Staff too eager to ban players
We have a whole appeal system in place to deal with situations like this. If you feel you have been unfairly punished just make an appeal, if you truly hadn't done anything wrong then your punishment will be removed. If you don't think you appeal had been dealt with correctly then you can contact a higher member of staff to review it. Of course if it found that a staff member is consistently banning players for unjust reasons then action will be taken. If you have a problem with a member of staff in general just contact management or an admin and we will investigate the situation.

Just a note I forgot to add: If we don't respond to your post, it doesn't mean we haven't read it and discussed the ideas.

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Anticheat
From what you have said it seems as though you are suggesting a custom anticheat. We simply do not have the money to fund something like this. It take a huge amount of time to develop and test an anticheat, all that time costing Skycade money. Whilst we aren't looking into a custom anticheat we have begun to look into different anticheats for specific problems, an example being that we now use another anticheat to prevent glitching.

Screensharing
There are lots of reasons why screensharing isn't appropriate for Skycade. The main one being that is an invasion of privacy and considering the low age of the majority of Skycade's playerbase, it seems inappropriate. There is also the fact that it would take a lot of time to train the staff to do screenshare and know what to look for. You suggested a screensharing tool but the only options for that would be to either develop our own or use another server's which is most likely out of the question. The reason we can develop our own is the same reason that we can't develop our own anticheat.

Cannoning
Cannoning is constantly being worked on every season, not much else to say.

Minimodding
Minimodding isn't actually allowed if a staff member is already present and dealing with a situation. There is no problem, however, with players helping to enforce the rules when a member of staff isn't available. To address your situation with saying "fk", this doesn't seem like a situation specific to minimodding, anyone could have reported you for it. Basically, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have no need to be worried about people "snitching" on you. You claim minimods cause toxicity when in reality the toxicity comes from people thinking they can get away with stuff when staff around around and then getting mad when they are caught. Comparing minimods to stalkers just discredits your valid points and makes you come across as bitter because in reality the two really aren't the same.

We have a whole appeal system in place to deal with situations like this. If you feel you have been unfairly punished just make an appeal, if you truly hadn't done anything wrong then your punishment will be removed. If you don't think you appeal had been dealt with correctly then you can contact a higher member of staff to review it. Of course if it found that a staff member is consistently banning players for unjust reasons then action will be taken. If you have a problem with a member of staff in general just contact management or an admin and we will investigate the situation.

Just a note I forgot to add: If we don't respond to your post, it doesn't mean we haven't read it and discussed the ideas.
To respond to the appeal solution I would like to add since I was forum banned I had to make my appeal directly to a staff member on discord. Who originally told me to wait a week which I did. I then appealed and waiting 3 weeks without any response I then contacted other staff members who said they would ask about it. Still nothing then after approximately 4 weeks I was told "I don't reduce forum bans"

Sodiumz

Sodiumz
Sodiumz
Cannoning
It is well known that Skycade’s cannoning isn’t the greatest with a lot of problems that need fixing however I am not the most experienced at cannoning so if anyone would like to advance this part of the thread. I know that a lot of cannons don’t work on Skycade but work on other servers with a cannon jar. Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe f top prizes were added in an attempt to lure competitive factions in. However, competitive factions tend not to play server where their cannons don’t work. Keep in mind that regens are indeed enabled meaning that higher quality cannons are needed where Skycade is lacking at the moment.
Just to be clear, there a few key points on why cannons don't work well on skycade.
1. lag
2. obby breaker is broken
3. lack of love (devs would rather focus on melon farms than cannons)

Notice the key words "don't work well". On the test server cannons fire perfectly fine, I'd say if the real server could work like the test server the situation would be much better. The main reason cannons are broken is because of the amount of lag on the main server. (notice I said work fine but not perfect)

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Screensharing
There are many devs who sell tools like these for a little price and is not restricted to being owned by a server. For example the Azran tool, it is not nessisarily made by a server and is used by many servers a like

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
Just to be clear, there a few key points on why cannons don't work well on skycade.
1. lag
2. obby breaker is broken
3. lack of love (devs would rather focus on melon farms than cannons)

Notice the key words "don't work well". On the test server cannons fire perfectly fine, I'd say if the real server could work like the test server the situation would be much better. The main reason cannons are broken is because of the amount of lag on the main server. (notice I said work fine but not perfect)
That is why we now have a server that players can join while we are testing to simulate the stress put on the live gamemodes

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
To respond to the appeal solution I would like to add since I was forum banned I had to make my appeal directly to a staff member on discord. Who originally told me to wait a week which I did. I then appealed and waiting 3 weeks without any response I then contacted other staff members who said they would ask about it. Still nothing then after approximately 4 weeks I was told "I don't reduce forum bans"
This is not a widespread issue. I suggest contact a higher up member of staff if you truly believe you appeal is being dealt with unfairly.

MercilessBandit

mercilessbandit
mercilessbandit
About the last section. Reporting staff does legit nothing. I know from experience. After the "j word" was kicked off of management, reporting staff was effectively useless.

Sodiumz

Sodiumz
Sodiumz
That is why we now have a server that players can join while we are testing to simulate the stress put on the live gamemodes
when a cannon works flawlessly on factionstest but doesn't on the actual server

when tntfill works flawlessly on factionstest but doesn't work on the actual server

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Ok time to make an even larger reply than the post

AAC ~ Sure, it may not be the best anti-cheat like you mentioned, but it does it’s job. The main problem that I see with auto-bans is the percentage of false bans will dramatically increase. Anyone with high ping, or if the server lags as a whole, can possibly be false banned, like you mentioned, and we’d have to go check to see whether it was false or not. To me I think having AAC notifications in chat and allowing staff to personally see is more error free and efficient. I’d rather have a small percentage of errors than have to check logs everytime a user is banned by the anti-cheat to confirm their story.
However, there are not always staff on and these blatant hackers can sometimes hack for 30 minutes without being banned.
As always we’re (Space) is looking for more motivated and capable people to join the team. A while back, there was an announcement in the discord that she was looking for more Aussie staff applicants, but regardless the team is always growing. This issue should soon be resolved.

Screensharing ~ The largest issue with screensharing is time, efforts, and resources to do so. Obviously this may work extraordinarily well on other servers, but it’s not something that will help staff be more efficient with their jobs. A big problem is the time factor like I said earlier. We’d have to implement new training or whatever for all the new helpers as well as the rest of the team. I get that there’s probably some staff that already know how to ss exceptionally well, however it takes too long to train everybody else. Additionally, ingame, you essentially take away a staff member from ingame if they’re screensharing. That means less efforts ingame to spec more hackers. Personally, I wouldn’t want to dig through someone’s computer and waste my time doing that. I’d rather be productive ingame.

Cannoning ~ I’m not going to comment a lot on this one because I’m not a factions player, however I do understand that it’s frustrating that it doesn’t work most of the time. My only comment on this is that we’re trying everything we can to fix this.

Minimods ~ Ah yes controversial topic. I’m probably going to get a lot of hate and dislike towards me for what I’m about to say but oh well. I’m my opinion, minimods are useful - particularly if there is no staff around. Yes I’ll agree to say it’s a tad bit tedious when both staff and minimod are trying to help players and the minimod gives misleading information - happened numerous times but it’s gucci. With regards to your “stalking” notes, I’d say that they’re just trying to help. Sometimes they’re wrong yes, but most of the time not.
Secondly, when confronted these people tend to whip out “I did the right thing” excuse.
Depends on the situation imo. If they’re reporting for something someone has done, then it’s justified. I’m pretty sure Ive expressed my opinion on your second mute instance, but if not I’m not saying it here. There’s certain times when minimodding is fine, and there’s times where it’s not needed.
Mini-mods also tend to have qualities similar to stalkers: a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention.
I’m not trying to defend or argue against minimods here but how I see it is that they’re just trying to help however they can. Sure I’ll admit that there’s times where they might have gone too far, but even still they can still be quite helpful - if a staff member is not already around. There’s some minimods that are really helpful and know what they’re doing, and there’s some that do it with no regard to a more poorer, type of stuff you described kind of way (not pointing fingers to anyone).

Staff Issue ~ I’m not going to say much here because others might see it as bias since I am a staff member. I’m also not going to talk about the certain mutes and bans because that’s a mess I don’t want myself involved in. To your other points however,
Unless I am mistaken staff are required to warn players first.
we aren’t required to inform players of abusing bugs unless the bug was recently discovered. Logging in combat / doing things to escape combat has always been a big nono, and will always result in a ban. While I know both players that were banned for this in kit, as well as those in skyblock, the rules still apply. Here’s a warning for that I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Another staff problem is that it can be very easy to be unbanned if you closet cheat by just saying "I was lagging".
It’s not that simple. The main reason why some appeals or reports take so long is because we wait for a lot of higher up staff to give their final decision on some of these appeals / reports. We wait until a finals decision has been given to fully try to reduce the number of false bans / appeals we accept. In this example, I’ll guanruntee you’ll have many staff seeing if it was truly lag or if it was a case of hacks.
I admire that staff want to uphold the rules acting quick to punish rule breakers. However, they seemed to have rushed in to it a bit too quickly.
This might make me seem full of myself but I like to think that I’m not biased. If I see someone not abiding by the rules I’m gonna punish them regardless if I know them by name as the most well known on the server or a complete random. Yea, I’ve made mistakes by tabbing the wrong name, or muting someone for what I think is muteable but really isnt, but most of the time these are fixed. The only times that things won’t change is if many staff agree that the mute was fair (including higher ups).

You’ve made some good points here, some better than others. Hopefully we’ll find a way to fix all the necessary ones you’ve stated here.

Edit: Because I spent way too long on this I didn’t realize Centurian didnliterally the exact same thing as I did so don’t say I ripped him off cuz it didn’t load for me until after I posted this

If you actually read this entire thing you get a cookie

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Ok time to make an even larger reply than the post

AAC ~ Sure, it may not be the best anti-cheat like you mentioned, but it does it’s job. The main problem that I see with auto-bans is the percentage of false bans will dramatically increase. Anyone with high ping, or if the server lags as a whole, can possibly be false banned, like you mentioned, and we’d have to go check to see whether it was false or not. To me I think having AAC notifications in chat and allowing staff to personally see is more error free and efficient. I’d rather have a small percentage of errors than have to check logs everytime a user is banned by the anti-cheat to confirm their story.

As always we’re (Space) is looking for more motivated and capable people to join the team. A while back, there was an announcement in the discord that she was looking for more Aussie staff applicants, but regardless the team is always growing. This issue should soon be resolved.

Screensharing ~ The largest issue with screensharing is time, efforts, and resources to do so. Obviously this may work extraordinarily well on other servers, but it’s not something that will help staff be more efficient with their jobs. A big problem is the time factor like I said earlier. We’d have to implement new training or whatever for all the new helpers as well as the rest of the team. I get that there’s probably some staff that already know how to ss exceptionally well, however it takes too long to train everybody else. Additionally, ingame, you essentially take away a staff member from ingame if they’re screensharing. That means less efforts ingame to spec more hackers. Personally, I wouldn’t want to dig through someone’s computer and waste my time doing that. I’d rather be productive ingame.

Cannoning ~ I’m not going to comment a lot on this one because I’m not a factions player, however I do understand that it’s frustrating that it doesn’t work most of the time. My only comment on this is that we’re trying everything we can to fix this.

Minimods ~ Ah yes controversial topic. I’m probably going to get a lot of hate and dislike towards me for what I’m about to say but oh well. I’m my opinion, minimods are useful - particularly if there is no staff around. Yes I’ll agree to say it’s a tad bit tedious when both staff and minimod are trying to help players and the minimod gives misleading information - happened numerous times but it’s gucci. With regards to your “stalking” notes, I’d say that they’re just trying to help. Sometimes they’re wrong yes, but most of the time not.

Depends on the situation imo. If they’re reporting for something someone has done, then it’s justified. I’m pretty sure Ive expressed my opinion on your second mute instance, but if not I’m not saying it here. There’s certain times when minimodding is fine, and there’s times where it’s not needed.

I’m not trying to defend or argue against minimods here but how I see it is that they’re just trying to help however they can. Sure I’ll admit that there’s times where they might have gone too far, but even still they can still be quite helpful - if a staff member is not already around. There’s some minimods that are really helpful and know what they’re doing, and there’s some that do it with no regard to a more poorer, type of stuff you described kind of way (not pointing fingers to anyone).

Staff Issue ~ I’m not going to say much here because others might see it as bias since I am a staff member. I’m also not going to talk about the certain mutes and bans because that’s a mess I don’t want myself involved in. To your other points however,

we aren’t required to inform players of abusing bugs unless the bug was recently discovered. Logging in combat / doing things to escape combat has always been a big nono, and will always result in a ban. While I know both players that were banned for this in kit, as well as those in skyblock, the rules still apply. Here’s a warning for that I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s not that simple. The main reason why some appeals or reports take so long is because we wait for a lot of higher up staff to give their final decision on some of these appeals / reports. We wait until a finals decision has been given to fully try to reduce the number of false bans / appeals we accept. In this example, I’ll guanruntee you’ll have many staff seeing if it was truly lag or if it was a case of hacks.

This might make me seem full of myself but I like to think that I’m not biased. If I see someone not abiding by the rules I’m gonna punish them regardless if I know them by name as the most well known on the server or a complete random. Yea, I’ve made mistakes by tabbing the wrong name, or muting someone for what I think is muteable but really isnt, but most of the time these are fixed. The only times that things won’t change is if many staff agree that the mute was fair (including higher ups).

You’ve made some good points here, some better than others. Hopefully we’ll find a way to fix all the necessary ones you’ve stated here.

Edit: Because I spent way too long on this I didn’t realize Centurian didnliterally the exact same thing as I did so don’t say I ripped him off cuz it didn’t load for me until after I posted this

If you actually read this entire thing you get a cookie
I accept cookies via discord or paypal

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
I would honestly love an upgrade to the anti-cheat. Yes, it does do a good job of detecting blatant cheaters. But it still doesn't auto-ban.

For the screen-sharing part. I have thought about it but skycade is not really a competitive server besides factions so there's no real need. It's also an invasion of privacy either way.

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
I would honestly love an upgrade to the anti-cheat. Yes, it does do a good job of detecting blatant cheaters. But it still doesn't auto-ban.

For the screen-sharing part. I have thought about it but skycade is not really a competitive server besides factions so there's no real need. It's also an invasion of privacy either way.
A screensharing tool does not go through any files besides those with sketchy paths. Therefore the staff member doesnt even have to go through the user's pc

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
This is not a widespread issue. I suggest contact a higher up member of staff if you truly believe you appeal is being dealt with unfairly.
If you are suggesting I report staff, then I would like to respond to it from my point of view. I have been in this community for a while and have begun to accept that the staff team is not going to change, reporting staff does little to nothing, even though there are reasons that should and are on many other servers sufficient for a demote. One situation is that of nocookies, but I won't go into depth as I don't want to be barraged with "cookies is legit". I am just trying to point out that this would not help a lot.

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
I am assuming you didn't read the part about the screensharing tool? This tool takes about 30 seconds-1 minute depending on the user's pc.

Sodiumz

Sodiumz
Sodiumz
as an American, I feel like screensharing is an unacceptable breach of privacy.

@BenvdWest STAHP

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
when a cannon works flawlessly on factionstest but doesn't on the actual server

when tntfill works flawlessly on factionstest but doesn't work on the actual server
I don't think you understood what I was talking about

If you are suggesting I report staff, then I would like to respond to it from my point of view. I have been in this community for a while and have begun to accept that the staff team is not going to change, reporting staff does little to nothing, even though there are reasons that should and are on many other servers sufficient for a demote. One situation is that of nocookies, but I won't go into depth as I don't want to be barraged with "cookies is legit". I am just trying to point out that this would not help a lot.
The footage of cookies was sent to Alex, Alex looked at it and decided that unless more footage came out showing the same thing, it wasn't sufficient. If you think a staff member had done something that is an abuse of power or is inappropriate just report them to me. As long as you provide evidence and what the staff member was doing is actually grounds for demotion, I would be happy to pass it along to Space. Another option would be to just go straight to Space if you wanted to.

A screensharing tool does not go through any files besides those with sketchy paths. Therefore the staff member doesnt even have to go through the user's pc
At this point in time, we have no interest in beginning to screenshare. Unless it is announced otherwise, it isn't going to happen.

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
There are some problems within the Skycade server that I would like to address. I have tried to keep the toxicity in this thread to a minimum, so I apologise if this thread comes out in the wrong way, but I really think that these problems need to be sorted out. I will be doing this in various categories so if you don’t want to read through everything, I will make the headings bold.

The Anti-cheat (AAC)
I know AAC is not the worst anti-cheat in the world and does quite a good job at notifying staff of blatant hackers. (KA, Anti-KB, bhop and other blatant forms of hacks.) However, there are not always staff on and these blatant hackers can sometimes hack for 30 minutes without being banned. The anti-cheat also falls short when it comes to the closet cheaters. (Aim assist, auto-clicker and moderate reach.) I understand that AAC is highly customizable, but I have a feeling that if Skycade would reach out to a developer that specialises in anti-cheats, it would have much better results. (Auto banning blatant hackers etc.) It will not even be needed to sacrifice the customizable trait of AAC as you should receive the source code. One of the problems with an auto-ban feature could be ping problems, so I believe that the anti-cheat should not ban hackers with over 400 ping, I believe this can be changed in the code. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Screensharing
I know this has been brought up in the past, but I have a feeling that I can add more weight to his disagreement. The main problems with screensharing is that some people take it as an invasion of privacy. This can be avoided by using/or custom coding a screensharing tool. This can detect many different types of ghost clients or external, some can even see recent recycle bin history to see if the client/auto-clicker was deleted. I understand not all staff have the time or the ability to go into the user’s pc to dig deeper if needed. This would be something to work towards, but I understand it would not work with Skycade in it’s current state. By adding just, a screensharing tool, this would add one more net of protection, although it is quite basic it should remove at least some of closet cheaters.

Cannoning
It is well known that Skycade’s cannoning isn’t the greatest with a lot of problems that need fixing however I am not the most experienced at cannoning so if anyone would like to advance this part of the thread. I know that a lot of cannons don’t work on Skycade but work on other servers with a cannon jar. Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe f top prizes were added in an attempt to lure competitive factions in. However, competitive factions tend not to play server where their cannons don’t work. Keep in mind that regens are indeed enabled meaning that higher quality cannons are needed where Skycade is lacking at the moment.
Mini-modding
Those who know me, know that I strongly dislike mini-mods. I have many reasons. Namely the fact that it creates a feeling of always being watched, if you slip up you can be damn sure that someone will have seen it and report you before you can say wait. For example, I admit to saying “fk” on purpose once, but on another occasion it was different. My perspective key is F so if I say k while toggling my perspective it comes out “fk” which has gotten me muted. Secondly, when confronted these people tend to whip out “I did the right thing” excuse. These people remind me of snitches IRL, annoying and childish. I admit that I have reacted badly when mini-modded in the past as I have attempted to see their reasoning behind doing this. I have wracked my brains for weeks and still can’t understand this. These mini-mods then complain about toxicity unaware that they have caused the anger in the first place. When it was still legal, and you were spanked by your parents. (In your childhood). Did you go up to your parents and say sorry and continue to be happy? No, became angry with them. I would like to use this to maybe open the eyes of mini-mods on this server. I’m looking at you ibalisticookie. Mini-mods also tend to have qualities similar to stalkers: a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention.

I am not going to point fingers, but a certain member of the community was banned by a staff without warning. For logging out to refresh with armour. Unless I am mistaken staff are required to warn players first. More instances of mutes/bans that have been rushed include: A player being muted for talking about muscle memory and a player being muted for saying “cheater down”. I admire that staff want to uphold the rules acting quick to punish rule breakers. However, they seemed to have rushed in to it a bit too quickly. Another instance that I have had problems with staff include when I was forum banned (I did deserver this ban) I then appealed to the staff that banned me. I was ignored for 3 weeks after my appeal and after that period I was told that “I don’t reduce forum bans”. Disclaimer: This DOES NOT apply to all staff. Another staff problem is that it can be very easy to be unbanned if you closet cheat by just saying "I was lagging". As a certain staff member claimed that anyone can 6 block reach with over 100 ping
Most of these are fairly good except screen sharing. Skycades average player age range is quite young in comparison to competitive factions servers. Therefor most players probably aren't allowed to Screen share or download a program given to them by staff. Say you were a parent would you want your child to download some program that snoops through your files on your family computer? Probably not. Another issue is that certain staff members who know nothing about SSing would miss clients or false ban. *Cough* the certain staff member claimed that anyone can 6 block reach with over 100 ping *Cough* Finally many players view SSing as an invasion of privacy whether it is letting a staff member see your screen or downloading a program. Skycade should prioritize developing an anti-cheat over Cannoning and Screensharing programs. The amount of closet cheaters on the server right now is dreadful.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
*gets banned for controversial post*
*gets unbanned*
*makes another*