What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A thread on staff bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiStrawberry

Delved
Delved
Hola I’m here to touch on a sore subject call Staff bias. Now most people would think I would talk about how staff are biased and give unfair punishments and so on. However I do not agree with that. The punishments are fine only thing that needs tweaking is making sure you get the right one. Now for the main course! I see a problem with staff bias ness with appealing. I myself choose certain staff to look at my appeals so I have a better chance. I have seen “random” players get banned for something and then they even have proof of their POV and are still banned, yet all I’ve had to do is just tell certain staff I wasn’t doing anything and then I’m not in trouble anymore. Also I’ve seen kids get unbanned that totally shouldn’t of or they get reduced when they shouldn’t of but then I see the opposite. I’ve seen people that wait and wait and appeal multiple times and yet don’t get anything. Also for you newgens out there I will bring up a term you will not know. It’s called the KTA effect. I see it happening again and again. And personally I see myself as one of those people. I used to always push the boundaries and see how far I could get before I’d get punished. And I noticed I get away with things no other players would. My appeals usually get accepted even tho I have been banned 4-5 times. (2 of them permanently). Now I appreciate the faith y’all have in me and I am sorry for my past. That’s why I’m making this to spread awareness. Also I’m a little high and want to see some debates!

Fancy_Dinners_

Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
The KTA effect is an intriguing little topic. One could say it is a slow moving but deadly virus, sooner or later staff will get infected. I myself have seen players getting of with a warning when ransoms getting muted. Also here before Welsh Alex puts a long paragraph that is illogical and locks.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
The staff are bias and the management team don't seem to be doing anything to handle it. It's even worse that when I think of bias staff the first few that come into my head are SrMod+

DabOnDatCheese

Not Toxic
MVP
Diamond
DabOnDatCheese
DabOnDatCheese
MVP
@KiwiStrawberry are you fricking crazy?!? Skycade staff are PERFECT in every way possible so do NOT say anything against them EVER... (I bet my dog that you’re going to get forum banned by Alex)

GamingMTY

OSMS Minimod | Rhamhousia Faction Member |
Iron
MattyDidAnOOF
MattyDidAnOOF
Iron
@KiwiStrawberry are you fricking crazy?!? Skycade staff are PERFECT in every way possible so do NOT say anything against them EVER... (I bet my dog that you’re going to get forum banned by Alex)
Exactly, @Koronotchi requesting lock for the fact Alex said he didn’t want to see any more of these.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Think the 'I choose which staff to send my appeals to' thing isn't strictly bias, as humans we all have different natures. I don't know if this is true, but for example, Joostagram might be more open to accepting appeals than Noto is regardless of the person appealing. That's their nature more than them being 'bias'.

Quite often staff will send me an appeal for a punishment I made and I reply with "it's up to you to decide" or something similar, and the results I see often surprise me and aren't what I would've done if I were deciding myself. Just that these people are more inclined to let things slide I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.