What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Way to Implement Printer for Mapart into SMP

GamerGuy73

Emerald
Diamond
Wa_ge
Wa_ge
Emerald
It the first season of SMP in 1.12, players were allowed to use the Schematica mod with the printer feature to automatically place blocks to create mapart faster. This was completely allowed and many artists used it to create many maps. I created over 60 maps total myself. As of 1.13 the Schematica mod is not being updated, so we have no printer. However, there is a Schematica mod included in the Badlion Client. Badlion doesn't actually have a 1.13 version, but it has 1.14 which u can still play SMP on fine. I tested, and the printer feature of this mod on Badlion in a singleplayer world works perfectly, just like the old mod. The problem is that because the printer feature can be a cheat on some servers, it is disabled on multiplayer by default BUT there is a way to enable it. Through the Badlion Client API plugin, Badlion Schematica printer can be enabled through the config.json file. The plugin is updated for 1.13+ and the exact stuff you need to put in the config file is actually right on the github page for the mod. The printer can be enabled from there, which would allow mapartists to access the printer feature through Badlion Client, which would really increase the production and scale of maps, because they can be produced at much faster speeds like back in the 1.12 SMP. I have already talked to a few other map creators about this, and they agree that this would enable the possibility of large maps like 4x4 maps. This would be MASSIVE to the map community because we have not seen it in over a year, and never on this season.

I honestly don't completely know how all this works, so there could be some massive issue I'm missing, but I don't see a flaw in my logic here. Would be a very hot addition, pls do :D

Norvd

Norvd
Emerald
Diamond
Norvd
Norvd
Emerald
Please do it! It would really help out!

CookieLover3

Diamond
CookieLover3
CookieLover3
Diamond
It the first season of SMP in 1.12, players were allowed to use the Schematica mod with the printer feature to automatically place blocks to create mapart faster. This was completely allowed and many artists used it to create many maps. I created over 60 maps total myself. As of 1.13 the Schematica mod is not being updated, so we have no printer. However, there is a Schematica mod included in the Badlion Client. Badlion doesn't actually have a 1.13 version, but it has 1.14 which u can still play SMP on fine. I tested, and the printer feature of this mod on Badlion in a singleplayer world works perfectly, just like the old mod. The problem is that because the printer feature can be a cheat on some servers, it is disabled on multiplayer by default BUT there is a way to enable it. Through the Badlion Client API plugin, Badlion Schematica printer can be enabled through the config.json file. The plugin is updated for 1.13+ and the exact stuff you need to put in the config file is actually right on the github page for the mod. The printer can be enabled from there, which would allow mapartists to access the printer feature through Badlion Client, which would really increase the production and scale of maps, because they can be produced at much faster speeds like back in the 1.12 SMP. I have already talked to a few other map creators about this, and they agree that this would enable the possibility of large maps like 4x4 maps. This would be MASSIVE to the map community because we have not seen it in over a year, and never on this season.

I honestly don't completely know how all this works, so there could be some massive issue I'm missing, but I don't see a flaw in my logic here. Would be a very hot addition, pls do :D
it would be such a good help for the map art creators

Giorno_Giovanna

GiornoDiGiovanna
GiornoDiGiovanna
Please do it as it will be more easier to make maparts :D