What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

add a chat mod bot to the discord

319ms

319ms
319ms
literally just add dyno or mee6.
- takes no effort
- way less bans needed, you can actually mute :000 crazy
- i dont see a downside
you can actually efficiently handle timed mutes with a chat mod bot so itd be cooler then just straight up bans

benbsings

#SaveTheAmazon
Diamond
Iron
badstagram
badstagram
Emerald
This has been suggested before, it most likely won't be added. I like the idea nonetheless! +1

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
There's already one. CarlBot, but he's used for logs and removes Discord links.
He doesn't do that much when it comes to chat moderation.

319ms

319ms
319ms
There's already one. CarlBot, but he's used for logs and removes Discord links.
He doesn't do that much when it comes to chat moderation.
yeah...
its the whole point of my thread to add a chat mod bot, not just a logger bot which i knew about.

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
yeah...
its the whole point of my thread to add a chat mod bot, not just a logger bot which i knew about.
Well, CarlBot can be used as a chat moderation bot, it's just not being used for chat moderation tho.

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
It won’t happen as staff would need evidence for appeals

Joostagram

pas méchante et à des sentiments
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Senior Moderator
We have one that deletes certain words and invites to discords.

nursey_

I was Nursey__ then I lost a _
Staff member
Helper
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Nursey_
Nursey_
Helper
From what I have seen of the discord, I think that adding a chat bot would actually result in more bans. A lot gets passed and loads is let slip that a bot would ban for. Imo the current system works well and still gives users a fair amount of freedom without over policing that usually comes with bots.

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
From what I have seen of the discord, I think that adding a chat bot would actually result in more bans. A lot gets passed and loads is let slip that a bot would ban for. Imo the current system works well and still gives users a fair amount of freedom without over policing that usually comes with bots.
I think you're confusing discord bots with skycade anticheat. Discord bots have 0 false bans and are intended to ban what they are supposed to ban. It doesn't flag if someone "hacks" in discord, it only checks if certain words are sent. It wouldn't be a false ban if someone intentionally sent a bad word or if someone accidentally says a racial slur. The bot does not make errors, the only errors are the users breaking rules.

Also the discord bot is built to scan every message, it's how they read. There are no "loads" or "slip-ups".

You could also add a VL system like anticheats where it doesn't ban immediately, only when it's hit a certain threshold. So those human "slip-ups" could act like a warning system. Another idea is to remove banning. Make it a useless bot, and ping staff in a private channel when someone says something bad.

(I used to make Discord bots, so don't reply with BS, I'll just shoot it down.)

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
I think you're confusing discord bots with skycade anticheat. Discord bots have 0 false bans and are intended to ban what they are supposed to ban. It doesn't flag if someone "hacks" in discord, it only checks if certain words are sent. It wouldn't be a false ban if someone intentionally sent a bad word or if someone accidentally says a racial slur. The bot does not make errors, the only errors are the users breaking rules.

Also the discord bot is built to scan every message, it's how they read. There are no "loads" or "slip-ups".

You could also add a VL system like anticheats where it doesn't ban immediately, only when it's hit a certain threshold. So those human "slip-ups" could act like a warning system. Another idea is to remove banning. Make it a useless bot, and ping staff in a private channel when someone says something bad.

(I used to make Discord bots, so don't reply with BS, I'll just shoot it down.)
I replied bs pls not shoot me.