What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Add an Anti-Cheat

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Duckie

Iron_ManDies
Iron_ManDies
There is an anti-cheat but many players like myself are frustrated that the anti-cheat isn't more strict. I know this server isn't a practice server but kicking players for hacks isn't the best option. I also understand that yes jack needs to post videos of hackers and this will make it harder but I feel like the community is tired of all these hackers killing us. Many hackers that use ghost clients normally are never caught. So pretty much kit-pvp is based on hey if you have a good ghost client you can easily win. I know many people are going to dislike this but I don't really care as I'm just trying to speak on behalf of the pvp community on here.

xlSupreme

Diamond
xlSupreme
xlSupreme
Diamond
what anticheet skycade no have 1!!!

PurpleEra

SunRaysUV3
SunRaysUV3
Yea, really on KitPvP that's all there is, hackers.

Duckie

Iron_ManDies
Iron_ManDies
what anticheet skycade no have 1!!!
They do, it tells staff if something fishy is going on with that player and i think the only real anticheat is the default one that every minecraft world and server has, fly. "You have been kicked for flying"

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
these threads are so common.

SkyCade has the best public anticheat and has configured it to be the best it can be but not banning players, If you find a hacker record them and report them.

apartmentalize

A Skycade Prisons Steak (NOT A Scammer) Salesman
Staff member
Diamond
Apartmentalize
Apartmentalize
the anticheat is probably there for many reasons such as compatibility with plugins/staff and the staff do a good job banning most of the hackers pretty quickly whether it is a report or them seeing it but I do agree that the anticheat should change some checks in the configuration.

SkyCade has the best public anticheat and has configured it to be the best it can be but not banning players. If you find a hacker record them and report them.
^ SkyCade has the best public anticheat and has a pretty good configuration, yes but maybe they should remove the kicks that it does and replace it with something else.

thom

Lucifer⛥
Diamond
vThom
vThom
Diamond
There is an anti-cheat but many players like myself are frustrated that the anti-cheat isn't more strict. I know this server isn't a practice server but kicking players for hacks isn't the best option. I also understand that yes jack needs to post videos of hackers and this will make it harder but I feel like the community is tired of all these hackers killing us. Many hackers that use ghost clients normally are never caught. So pretty much kit-pvp is based on hey if you have a good ghost client you can easily win. I know many people are going to dislike this but I don't really care as I'm just trying to speak on behalf of the pvp community on here.
i voted yes but i meant no. the anticheat might mess up, they do that a lot with lag and youll get banned. minecraft plugins are very flawed

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Very few anti cheats that auto ban are trustworthy, so many false bans

Jacky

Factions Enthusiast • Turtle Lover
palomino602
palomino602
Just to add on to this - a lot of auto-ban anti-cheats are either too lenient on banning hackers, or if you get a good combo you get auto banned. It's extremely hard to develop a balance so that only the players that are hacking get banned.

Duckie

Iron_ManDies
Iron_ManDies
That is true but the issue is so many staff aren't educated in hacks and are extremely inefficient in catching ghost hackers. Also the "Trustworthy issue" doesn't have to be one if you buy the correct one. All you need to do is just do research into the Anti-Cheat.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
That is true but the issue is so many staff aren't educated in hacks and are extremely inefficient in catching ghost hackers. Also the "Trustworthy issue" doesn't have to be one if you buy the correct one. All you need to do is just do research into the Anti-Cheat.
"Buy the correct one"... like what?

Only like 3 good anticheats, all of which are private.

ExoticPlayz

I like tortle
Diamond
lifehurts
lifehurts
Diamond
I kind of agree and I kind of don't, like AAC is one of the best anticheats out there, I honestly don't think there is an anti-cheat that is going to do better.

Duckie

Iron_ManDies
Iron_ManDies
"Buy the correct one"... like what?

Only like 3 good anticheats, all of which are private.
I don't think you are looking in the right places. But you don't need to get one, you can hire a dev to create one? And if the anti -cheat is so good already, I don't understand why it kicks people and doesnt ban them. Or how very obvious hacks get through like anti - kb. People getting kicked are just going to be like, ok I shouldn't use that hack, I should use a different one or config the other.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
I don't think you are looking in the right places. But you don't need to get one, you can hire a dev to create one?
You can't name any which kind of makes my point?

Devs are very expensive, and we aren't exactly swimming in cash. A private anti cheat would take a long time.

NoSkill

the cat guy
Staff member
noskillrequired
noskillrequired
many staff aren't educated in hacks and are extremely inefficient in catching ghost hackers
Look at Hypixel; the largest server on Minecraft, yet they have a horrible closet cheating problem in the ranked skywars community. I'm sure Hypixel has a much higher budget for anticheats than Skycade, but even they can't fully combat it. The only way to catch closet cheaters would be to SS, but SSing has flaws too such as invasion of privacy and staff still not knowing what their doing and only following a guide written by the 1 or 2 people who do know what they're doing.

hey if you have a good ghost client you can easily win.
People are also just good at the game.

Duckie

Iron_ManDies
Iron_ManDies
I don't think you are looking in the right places. But you don't need to get one, you can hire a dev to create one?
And if the anti-cheat is a
Look at Hypixel; the largest server on Minecraft, yet they have a horrible closet cheating problem in the ranked skywars community. I'm sure Hypixel has a much higher budget for anticheats than Skycade, but even they can't fully combat it. The only way to catch closet cheaters would be to SS, but SSing has flaws too such as invasion of privacy and staff still not knowing what their doing and only following a guide written by the 1 or 2 people who do know what they're doing.

People are also just good at the game.
The reason there are so many hackers might be because there are possible 25x players on hypixel than skycade. Also the anti-cheat does pretty good job at banning people for instance I've been banned for tracers and esp. which is supposed to be 100% client side yet its not.

Realtra

Diamond
Iron
Realtra
Realtra
Diamond
in my opinion maybe just make it so if players say the word "hack", "hax" or anything similar it will filter it out and tell the player who sent the message something like "Hey, please do not hackusate. If you suspect a player is hacking, report them to the forums or ask an online staff member."

DominusSimo

DominusSimo
DominusSimo
I am glad this come to light. I currently live in Australia and I only get 3 bars constantly. The reason I stay on skycade is due how bans are enforced by recorded evidence and not some anti-cheat that will perm ban you due to lag. As you said decent anti-cheats are expensive and currently privatised. As mentioned above Hypixel and especially the Zelix network are great examples to showcase where anti-cheats will ban any player for unjustified reasons. This is extremely damaging to a servers reputation and for players like me who don't have top-tier internet connectivity.

MisterSkyi

Master of the sky
Diamond
MisterSkyi
MisterSkyi
Diamond
Skycade does have an anti cheat. It is fully configured for the servers needs. It alerts staff members so they are able to make an accurate decision on wither the player was cheating, Now we don't need something that autobans, this is most cases is extremely unreliable.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen

SkyCade has the best public anticheat and has configured it to be the best it can be but not banning players, If you find a hacker record them and report them.
tbh the configuration was best s4/5/6/7/8 then s9/10 the hitreg went all of a sudden shit