What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Allow swear words

pipecek

LadaClassic
LadaClassic
This also will make this server super racist

CaitlinEJH

Emerald
Diamond
Ioyo
Ioyo
Emerald
Please stop arguing.
This thread will get locked if you keep on arguing, either give your opinion or just read.

Bcof

Inspiring
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Emerald
So first we have had people have a hissy fit because they weren’t going to filter the world ‘retard’ and now you want to remove the filter l together?

make up your mind lol, server will become too toxic w/o a filter. So no

rohraj

PocketBlade
PocketBlade
who remembers when everyone use to say 'flip' instead of f***???

DerpOfTheUnicorn

Derpaccino
Derpaccino
The skycade community should allow swear words.

My support points are:
1. It would help the younger audience get used to a more mature setting, which they will experience in high school (or whatever the substitute is in Britain or where ever you are).
2. It would help those snowflakes out there to realize that the world is not their 'safe space' and they need to learn to deal with their problems or just ignore them.
Cons:
n/a

Regards,
AbductedSnake
If the younger kids begin to use those words to their parents, well...no minecwaft fo a week :(

Jcmwheels

Diamond
jcmwheels
jcmwheels
Diamond
I'd say, maybe add a "swear words are ok" chat channel, but not in the main chat itself. I am a minimod, and I am not too happy when people swear, but at least if there is a specific channel where others may swear, it personally won't be as bad. It's a god awful suggestion if it is for the main chat.

Overall, +0
This is a good idea as it could replace the filter in factions as more older people tend to play factions like older players play survival instead of Creative

HaggisPastie500

HaggisPastie500
HaggisPastie500
Please don’t try and make Skycade even more toxic than it already is
I agree, the community( especially kitpvp) is already toxic don't encourage it to be any more

pipecek

LadaClassic
LadaClassic
@Jcmwheels can you tell me why you disagree with my posts?

TrySimple

Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Diamond
Honestly the people disliking this thread and not commenting is getting to me, if you don’t like it explain why end of story otherwise your opinions don’t matter.

To the thread I talked a little on this about a thread is the discussion part of the forums in a few sentences that some gamemodes should have a filter while others should have a lesser filter to correctly fit the gamemode , example being that you can’t have a none toxic factions.....

Stave

StavexYt
StavexYt
Yeah, they most likely will but if we allowed swearing only chaos could come from it, we'd have kids going around swearing at others without them actually understanding it.

Just leave the children to mature and understand what certain words mean and learn how to use it appropriately.
I agree with him. Children don't know that saying the n word is racist or what the f bomb means. They're kids!

iFlii

Emerald
Diamond
iFlii
iFlii
Emerald
This is possibly the worst idea I've seen in a long time

DerpOfTheUnicorn

Derpaccino
Derpaccino
They'll learn the words in their childhood anyway, there's no avoiding that. So why try to prolong it?
I once said "fag" not knowing what it means, I was so disapointed in myself that each time I heard it on TV or games I would cry. (Still do)
So profanity may not be so good for kids that are sensitive.

thendermanSlime

kazo0o
kazo0o
I once said "fag" not knowing what it means, I was so disapointed in myself that each time I heard it on TV or games I would cry. (Still do)
It’s ok if ur gay

AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake
AbductedSnake
Someone stated earlier that a designated channel for swear words would fix this problem, if you're sensitive just don't join that chat channel.

JqckD

mod man
Staff member
JqckD
JqckD
TLDR; I disagree with this.

Minecraft is rated a 7+ game, including the PC version of the game. Same with every other version of the game, so why should children be exposed to vocabulary i'd say that is not compliant with their age. Yes, they will learn this vocabulary soon, but they should learn it in due course. I dont need 8 year olds running around skycade using racial slurs, cursing, etc when they have no idea what it means and trust me, they wont.

Skycade would be shattered without the chat filter, as Jack and the server is pointed at a young audience, not really young audience, but a young audience. Jack advertises in his videos with the IP of his server in the description, and on screen constantly. It may peak young users curiosity and they may join it. Imagine joining a server and immediately being exposed to cursing?

I'd also like to make a point @Kwuffin made,
Please don’t try and make Skycade even more toxic than it already is
Skycade is toxic, and I mean toxic. Sometimes. It just depends if you're playing at peak hours with 9 year olds.

Skycade already has a shit reputation with most of my sources, so nothing will change.
I dont think Skycade has a bad reputation at all. The worst that is happened is Jack changing the signs to "Skyaid" and things, but even that is minor. Where do you get the "skycade has bad reputation" from?

To finish this off,

Wolfaih

Wolfaih
Wolfaih
The current chat filter is fine. If you want to say something that includes a swear word (Eg - Jesus ****ing Christ) the censor shows enough to get your feelings across to the people who understand.

Allowing swear words in /msg is fine though.

+0