What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alt limit fix.

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
#1 Add a command /checkaltlimit this command will check your ip for alts and will list them.
#2 When someone goes over the alt limit ban the account that is over the limit. For an example if i go over the limit by an account named "bob" Bob would be banned, but i would still be able to play on my main. There is no reason to ip ban someone for alt limit.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Yes very goooood I don't know why they would IP ban+1

xlSupreme

Diamond
xlSupreme
xlSupreme
Diamond
yes yes +1 how many times did i get ip banned because NO STAFF WOULD TELL ME HOW MANY ACCOUNTS I HAD "its not allowed" - all staff

xDartz

I got heels higher den ur standards boo
Staff member
xDartz
xDartz
I personally think argument one is a great idea, however, I cannot agree fully on argument 2

-Liam

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
@WelshAlex pls leave your thoughts about this thread.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
The reason we ban for alt limit is because we don't have pay2win kits meaning kits like fortnightly are valuable, and using alts to abuse the 'free' kits is not allowed. Neither of your suggestions fix this.

TheMonDon

Diamond
TheMonDon
TheMonDon
Diamond
The reason we ban for alt limit is because we don't have pay2win kits meaning kits like fortnightly are valuable, and using alts to abuse the 'free' kits is not allowed. Neither of your suggestions fix this.
Make people "combine" their accounts on their IP, and if someone combined their accounts they can only get kits from the main account.

Skoriks

Iron
VapeUserSkoriks
VapeUserSkoriks
Iron
Make people "combine" their accounts on their IP, and if someone combined their accounts they can only get kits from the main account.
That's actually a good idea to this fix.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
What does that even mean

EddieStobart

not as toxic as foodie
Diamond
Gold
HadFood
HadFood
Diamond
He says only ban the account that increases the alt limit. Therefor, they will not be able to abuse any kits, solving the solution. It will also stop all the accounts coming on for ban evasions like 100 times

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
He says only ban the account that increases the alt limit. Therefor, they will not be able to abuse any kits, solving the solution. It will also stop all the accounts coming on for ban evasions like 100 times
You're presuming a staff member is constantly online... and that we see the account instantly?

ClanMitchell

The time is 5:46 for anyone who is wondering
Diamond
Gold
Iron
ClanMitchell
ClanMitchell
Diamond
The first suggestion will make it easier for people to keep track tho, therefore less bans, therefore less people breaking rules, therefore it will help.

EddieStobart

not as toxic as foodie
Diamond
Gold
HadFood
HadFood
Diamond
You're presuming a staff member is constantly online... and that we see the account instantly?
What about creating a plugin that does it automatically. Or would this be too much work?

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
The first suggestion will make it easier for people to keep track tho, therefore less bans, therefore less people breaking rules, therefore it will help.
Here's how you easily keep track of which alts you use:

Don't buy $1 from websites that are illegal. Only use accounts you actually own. Really simple, actually.

ClanMitchell

Diamond
Gold
Iron
ClanMitchell
ClanMitchell
Diamond
Here's how you easily keep track of which alts you use:

Don't buy $1 from websites that are illegal. Only use accounts you actually own. Really simple, actually.
I agree but, surely for those who have money or siblings or other people in there house that also play, it would help

ClanMitchell

Diamond
Gold
Iron
ClanMitchell
ClanMitchell
Diamond
What about creating a plugin that does it automatically. Or would this be too much work?
Well I mean sometimes they need to keep track of siblings, friends, roommates, etc, so no they can’t really

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
I don't see what is wrong with a command that checks what accounts are connected to the IP.

Maybe it could be malicious to use if you have access to a computer on another IP and you can see what accounts are connected, a long shot though.
Or it could be used if you're VPN evading, and you want to check if it worked correctly, and see what accounts are on that IP.

I'd personally like to have a command for checking that since then I don't have to worry about if my sister joins, or if I accidentally connected with a private account I don't want anyone to know about.

--

Regarding the second argument, banning the account that goes over the limit is not a good idea. By IP banning that IP, it restricts the person from logging in to do other malicious activities. Furthermore, if the person didn't have any intention to go over the limit, they can always appeal with a valid argument.

If you just banned the account that went over, first you would need a staff member online to ban them fast enough that they can't, for example, spam the chat (the person can log in, without having that account banned, and spam.)