What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Announcements for Crate Keys

BulliedKoala

bree
Diamond
Gold
sikeBREE
sikeBREE
Diamond
I honestly think we should get rid of the announcement whenever someone opens a crate because it floods the chat with spam. I understand that it helps the server get more votes but like still. (This was probably suggested already)
What are your guys' thoughts on this?

ok bye im rando :)

Last edited:

Gogee

Gogee
Gogee
OMG yes i totally agree. People sometimes spam the chat like crazy with it!!!

Todd

Zembar the awesome german shepherd
Diamond
Iron
Zembar_Shepherd
Zembar_Shepherd
Diamond
This was actually suggested the other day and ima just say the same thing.

Maybe edit the message down a tad? Like less colour or somthing? Removing it as a whole tho would be bad.

TogepiMax

Togepi . Egg God . Second Egg . Second Panda God
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
+1 pls remove it. All it is is a chat flooder, and even if it may take away a few votes with the vote keys, people still remind us in chat.

SquireLostWood

i am a SQUARE
Iron
SquireLostWood
SquireLostWood
Iron
100% agree should be an option to /crate toggle or something

C_ookie

cookie cop?
Diamond
C_ookie
C_ookie
Diamond
+1 I think we could have a toggle for it. If you know how to toggle the votes then it kind of shows your ability to vote without relying on a reminder.
If that makes sense.
Lol.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Yes it has been suggested before but its a good suggestion. It floods chat and is annoying, a reminder every like 10 mins about voting and keys would be much better +1

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
To be honest whenever there is a keyall, you can’t see what people are saying in the chat for 5 minutes and it is so annoying. To be honest no-one cares about what someone gets in a vote or mysterycrate key. Would be great if removed or at least a command to turn it of
+1

Sazo

Stomache
Stomache
Yes. To be honest people save up keys and it lags me out alot! When someone spams a key everyone dislikes it and think its annoying. The devs should modify the plugin on something

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Maybe have it as a diamond rank feature?

Todd

Zembar the awesome german shepherd
Diamond
Iron
Zembar_Shepherd
Zembar_Shepherd
Diamond
Ok thats just pay to win.. so you're basically paying to not be annoyed..
Uh Huh... someone tell me how skycade went through like 13 seasons and this is just now an issue.

Last edited:

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
No it is not as it doesn’t give you an advantage in the game and to be fair, people have donated lots to the server

Satiated

✯ The Lad ✯
Diamond
Satiate
Satiate
Diamond
The only server I see with this issue is SMP as there is no chest opening cooldown, like on Skyblock. I can't vouch for Factions as I do not really play that. Personally, I like being able to open chests quicker but the chat flood is definitely an annoying side effect. A toggle would be great for this, or maybe just have the messages be displayed individually, rather than globally to the whole chat.

KingBob124

ContentBob
ContentBob
People are saying it’s pay 2 win if you make it a feature with ranks. It won’t be If it’s executed correctly as anyone will still be able to get crate keys and open them, but there prize won’t be announced publicly unless they have a rank +1

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
I honestly think we should get rid of the announcement whenever someone opens a crate because it floods the chat with spam. I understand that it helps the server get more votes but like still. (This was probably suggested already)
What are your guys' thoughts on this?

ok bye im rando :)
I actually suggested it months ago, however it was shut down because it partly helps marketing mystery keys etc. Would be nice if you could toggle it on and off though, seeing as I know they're there anyway.

Don't think you quite know the meaning of p2w.. Pay to win

Chazzagram

King Dingus of Dongus
Gold
Iron
ChazzagramFTW
ChazzagramFTW
Gold
I agree, it helps marketing so I think the healthiest solution would be to just make it less huge and take it down a tad, but still try to keep it how it was just so advertisements don't become unrecognised. I don't know if my answer is +1 or 0 so im just gonna say +1

GamingMTY

#STA 🔥 https://store.skycade.net/category/590018
Iron
MattyDidAnOOF
MattyDidAnOOF
Iron
SMP should get an update so that you can't spam keys. Most of the time on the crate key message it says it was bought from the store, but mostly the keys are just from keyalls. Ill give this a +0

KingBob124

ContentBob
ContentBob
Nah I think you still should be able to open crate keys but ONLY ranks get it to be announced as it does kinda spam the chat