What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another One Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Before I say anything I literally don't care if this thread gets hate because it's another sappy quitting thread - I just want to share why I'm no longer part of the staff team

I've basically been demoted for voicing my opinions against management. This thread by Steve https://skycade.net/threads/open-letter-to-the-skycade-community-staff-team-and-management.24611/ highlighted some really good points about the negative aspects of the server and how to improve them. I agreed with all of these points that he's made, and for this I've gotten the boot. After I wrote my reply, there was an announcement in our Slack chat by Alex that was pretty much directed at me - to summarize, he's basically said that as staff members we aren't allowed to be critical of management, and if we want to, we shouldn't be on the team. Nothing happened for a couple of days until about 30 mins ago, where I got the fat demote message from Space. Honestly I'm not too bothered about the demote; I realized that some aspects of the staff team were absolute shit and it was not a fun place to be. I'd planned on resigning but this demote makes it so much easier. I see the staff team different now as when I did back in October 2018, when I got accepted for the first time. I've come to realize that the way certain things are handled are not the best. It's all whatever though. I supposedly got numerous warnings for doing this but posting in that thread was literally the first time I've ever done something like that, so no fucking idea what that's supposed to mean.

I've also apparently been demoted for spreading rumors about management / staff members publicly to other players. I've never done this, and I'm not being allowed to see any evidence of me doing so either. Literally quoting here, "you can reread everything you've said about it in public chats but I'm not going to send screenshots that were sent to me privately". While I’m still confused about this, it's all whatever though at this point.

I'll still be sticking around on the server for a bit, unless it completely fails. Discord dms are always open, so feel free to stay in touch. I've loved being able to represent the server but now it's completely different. To some I've brought upon shame, to other's glory. In the end, my time with the staff team is over. I'm not reapplying anytime soon and I doubt I will at all again. It's been fun gamers, but at the same time, not really. I hope I haven't trashed my reputation too much. I love you all, thank you for all the support I have been given during my run. Your favorite eboy signing off.

IF THIS POST GETS DELETED MY POINTS STAND STRONG LOL

Last edited:

Matty

xMatty
xMatty
wow thats pretty wack skycade staff but also have fun not being an enslaved staff member epic gamer

boo

go away
Diamond
offbrand
offbrand
Diamond
sick.

iCharlotte

i quit
Diamond
Leeigh
Leeigh
Diamond
sad to see u go! its also sad to see the management team on skycade demote someone for agreeing with points on some kids forum post especially on ways that could potentially improve the server. thumbs down skycade!1!

kinda seems like when ur staff u can't do half of the shit that a normal player can do, e.g. VOICE AN OPINION, AGREE WITH SOMEONE <33

nobody hate me for this plsKTHX

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
Absolutely bias demote. The best staff member on the team is gone. Thank you for voicing you options. I cant stress enough how bias this demote was. Skycade is going downhill, we all know it. Skycade doesnt want to improve. I agree with all your opinions and the management of Skycade made a HUGE mistake. Good luck in life!

DuckyZxe

steven universe fan boy
Iron
PeridotsCore
PeridotsCore
Iron
You may have me blocked on discord. But I loved you. you were an amazing staff member.

spoopybunny

ferocious forestbunny
forestbunny
forestbunny
Before I say anything I literally don't care if this thread gets hate because it's another sappy quitting thread - I just want to share why I'm no longer part of the staff team

I've basically been demoted for voicing my opinions against management. It really seems like they're removing staff that utter any bad words against them. Oh well. This thread by Steve https://skycade.net/threads/open-letter-to-the-skycade-community-staff-team-and-management.24611/ highlighted some really good points about the negative aspects of the server and how to improve them. I agreed with all of these points that he's made, and for this I've gotten the boot. After I wrote my reply, there was an announcement in our Slack chat by Alex that was pretty much directed at me - to summarize, he's basically said that as staff members we aren't allowed to be critical of management, and if we want to, we shouldn't be on the team. Makes perfect sense lol. Nothing happened for a couple of days until about 30 mins ago, where I got the fat demote message from Space. Honestly I'm not too bothered about the demote; I realized that some aspects of the staff team were absolute shit and it was not a fun place to be. I'd planned on resigning but this demote makes it so much easier. I see the staff team different now as when I did back in October 2018, when I got accepted for the first time. I've come to realize that the way certain things are handled are not the best. It's all whatever though. I supposedly got numerous warnings for doing this but posting in that thread was literally the first time I've ever done something like that, so no fucking idea what that's supposed to mean.

I've also apparently been demoted for spreading rumors about management / staff members publicly to other players. I've never done this, and I'm not being allowed to see any evidence of me doing so either. Literally quoting here, "you can reread everything you've said about it in public chats but I'm not going to send screenshots that were sent to me privately" Lmfao this is funny, literally so bias towards getting staff removed from the team. It's all whatever though at this point.

I'll still be sticking around on the server for a bit, unless it completely fails. Discord dms are always open, so feel free to stay in touch. I've loved being able to represent the server but now it's completely different. To some I've brought upon shame, to other's glory. In the end, my time with the staff team is over. I'm not reapplying anytime soon and I doubt I will at all again. It's been fun gamers, but at the same time, not really. I hope I haven't trashed my reputation too much. I love you all, thank you for all the support I have been given during my run. Your favorite eboy signing off.

IF THIS POST GETS DELETED MY POINTS STAND STRONG LOL
yeah skycade is pretty poop tbh

keesie7

Diamond
keesie7
keesie7
Diamond
this is so sad this is pure cencorship. everyone i have spoken to does not agree with this do know that astro.

i find this disgusting.

TryFX

Gyip
Gyip
not being allowed to criticize staff management? I guess they cant take constructive criticism... that's wack i guess the staff management system is collapsing... gl in life mate.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Just so things are clear, there was a message put in staff slack channels directed broadly at all staff.
Here's a direct quote from said announcement that staff received:
"Yes I'm quoting one person, but I have seen several people post similar responses to the same or similar threads. If you'd like to maintain your position - which is a position that literally gives you direct access to every member of management - I suggest you don't publicly slate said management. We're happy to hear your concerns if they exist, but privately in slack, even if that's in staff chat that's 100% fine - if you want to air them publicly feel free to resign and then do so."

The idea that a staff team should be free to publicly criticize management is absurd. It sends a very mixed message and reflects poorly on the team as a whole.

Following this warning Astro continued to publicly behave in a way that was negative in regards to management, practically giving us little choice but to demote him.

I'm sure a whole lot of you who are friends with Astro will react negatively to my reply here, but no sensible server let's their staff publicly chastise management, and we issued a clear warning that was ignored.

That being said Astro was one of our longest serving staff with a heck of a lot of bans, and despite the negative situation he's found himself in, he's been a great help to the server over his tenure.

PigMatt