What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Armor Durability Is Broken (KitPvP)

JonGamer16

JonGamer16
JonGamer16
Thank you, staff, for viewing this post.

Obviously, most kits in the game use leather armor with high levels of Unbreaking so that it lasts longer, but this doesn't work. Regardless of the Unbreaking level, leather armor is always going to break after a couple minutes of fighting. This is because Unbreaking is calculated differently on armor; it keeps armor from being more than 67% more durable.

This problem dramatically affects what kits are better for killstreak missions, events, and general fights. This is especially a problem for kits with full Protection 4 or close to it since they take more hits before running out of soup, meaning earlier armor breaking.

To fix this, a plugin can be used to make the Unbreaking enchantment work on armor like it does on tools, or just make armor unbreakable for each kit. Kits based on armor durability could easily be replaced with community-suggested ones if armor was made unbreakable.

Source for Unbreaking calculations:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Unbreaking

mlovells

Hayleyato
Hayleyato
I dont play kitpvp so idk

ItzNovaaa

heehee scots ducc
Emerald
Diamond
ItxNova
ItxNova
Emerald
unbreakable armour wont work in kitpvp cuz itd be too op, but i do think leather armour breaks too fast
agree like maybe up the unbreaking by 5-10 so it doesnt break after like 1 decent fight

Kwuffin

The world is tough, get used to it
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
unbreakable armour wont work in kitpvp cuz itd be too op, but i do think leather armour breaks too fast
Unbreaking level 32.767 should in theory not unbreakable

JonGamer16

JonGamer16
JonGamer16
I meant for all of the kits. Also, you won't be buying expensive soup refills forever, and soup can also run out quickly.

ItzNovaaa

heehee scots ducc
Emerald
Diamond
ItxNova
ItxNova
Emerald
I meant for all of the kits. Also, you won't be buying expensive soup refills forever, and soup can also run out quickly.
but then tanky kits would never die

DutchDario

DutchDario
DutchDario
this is something I have been thinking about aswell
cause as the way kit-pvp works now it seems that if you want to get killstreaks
you are forced to play a specific kit (ganked)
wich kinda takes the kit out of kit-pvp at times

aidanhh

bot pvper
Emerald
Diamond
aidanhh
aidanhh
Emerald
doesnt matter, unbreakable armour is not meant for kitpvp, losing ur armour adds to the challenge of it all. as i said i agree that leather breaks too fast, but if ur alive long enough to have all ur armour broken u can afford alot of /soups, theyre only 100 each and u get close to that per kill with a high enough ks.

ItzNovaaa

heehee scots ducc
Emerald
Diamond
ItxNova
ItxNova
Emerald
this is something I have been thinking about aswell
cause as the way kit-pvp works now it seems that if you want to get killstreaks
you are forced to play a specific kit (ganked)
wich kinda takes the kit out of kit-pvp at times
kitpvp is singular obviously its meant to be only gank smh
/s

Jrode83

the sorta OG
Diamond
xPeep
xPeep
Diamond
This is definitely an issue and higher levels of Unbreaking would fix it. I know staff would just suggest using /refreshkit, however that has a cool down, and is very overpriced. I would like to get into at least three well-fought fights before my helmet breaks.

JonGamer16

JonGamer16
JonGamer16
tl;dr: For armor, Unbreaking 10,000 = Unbreaking 3. And Gank has no armor to break, so why should other kits' armor break? /refreshkit costs 2000 coins, btw. Can't bother with /soup because armor still breaks.

I've read all of the replies thus far, and it appears some have not read what I said about Unbreaking mechanics and have not made their logic clear, so I will explain the problem again.

In normal Minecraft, Unbreaking does not work on armor the exact same way that it works on tools. On armor, high levels of Unbreaking cannot make your armor have extremely high durability. Even if it has Unbreaking 10,000, it will only be about as strong as Unbreaking 3 because it has a different calculation on armor (see Unbreaking in the Minecraft wiki).

The Gank kit has no armor anyway, so if other kits have armor that can break in the middle of a fight, that makes Gank comparatively stronger. Also, it makes Gank the only good kit for getting big killstreaks. Tank almost works because the diamond armor endures for longer, but even that diamond armor can start breaking before the soups are used up.

Someone said that you could use /soup with enough kills, but what good is getting more soup if your armor breaks? And /refreshkit costs 2,000 coins??? 100 kills for 1 armor repair is ridiculous! One tenth of that would be reasonable.

Celmestra

Professional KOTH Capper.
Emerald
Diamond
Celmestra
Celmestra
Emerald
Thank you, staff, for viewing this post.

Obviously, most kits in the game use leather armor with high levels of Unbreaking so that it lasts longer, but this doesn't work. Regardless of the Unbreaking level, leather armor is always going to break after a couple minutes of fighting. This is because Unbreaking is calculated differently on armor; it keeps armor from being more than 67% more durable.

This problem dramatically affects what kits are better for killstreak missions, events, and general fights. This is especially a problem for kits with full Protection 4 or close to it since they take more hits before running out of soup, meaning earlier armor breaking.

To fix this, a plugin can be used to make the Unbreaking enchantment work on armor like it does on tools, or just make armor unbreakable for each kit. Kits based on armor durability could easily be replaced with community-suggested ones if armor was made unbreakable.

Source for Unbreaking calculations:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Unbreaking
For some kits, this is needed. It’s one of the reasons gank is so good, you don’t have to worry about gear breaking, since you don’t have gear. The buffs on the kit don’t go away either, so it’s easy to get kill streaks. For the kits that would be OP if this happened, I would honestly just recommend to balance accordingly.

GeorgeAWP

Proper Random
Staff member
Georgee__
Georgee__
The Gank kit has no armor anyway, so if other kits have armor that can break in the middle of a fight, that makes Gank comparatively stronger
Gank has no armour to break to ‘balance’ it, part of the skill of being able to use it is being able to soup due to it taking so much more damage. Using this as a point to argue infinite armour is completely invalid.

Whilst I agree the leather should last longer, in no world should any of the lord armour never break. You won’t be able to kill anyone in tanky kits unless they literally don’t know how to right click a soup, and it will completely unbalance the kits.

Uphelds

https://www.youtube.com/c/Uphelds
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
Uphelds
Uphelds
Emerald
Are you a developer? - Just wondering

JonGamer16

JonGamer16
JonGamer16
Are you a developer? - Just wondering
I'm not a pro (yet), but game design and balance discussion is something that I enjoy. I'm posting on this forum because I want to help improve servers like these. Soup FFA servers that aren't pay-to-win are rare, but they're the best kind. If I can help it, I want servers like these to be mainstream.

For that to happen, servers like these need to improve where they can and other servers need to take the style in. I could possibly apply for a dev position on this server to try and help, but I'm already working on my own. I think it's better if I just give feedback to servers like these and maybe the staff will take the advice and improve.

P

pipecek

The soup cost is cheap, I have wasted around 12000 on soup already.