What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

At least improve the AAC anticheat

Should skycade improve there anti cheat?

• Total voters

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
I get the argument that a proper anti cheat could lead to false bans and i'm not saying to change that, but a server with this magnitude should not be using an outdated anti cheat like this, its probably safe to say there are a lot of well known players using ghost clients or auto clicking, simply because AAC doesn't log anything like that and so therefore these players can cheat with no risk of a punishment seeing as AAC can only detect blatant cheats. My advice is either get your own custom anti cheat and build it up from the ground or modify an existing modern anticheat so it only checks and alerts staff and doesn't ban

Last edited:

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Agreed the current one is from 1933 deffo needs to be updated. This one rn alerts legit players.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Going to refer to what Orange said in this post, especially this post: https://skycade.net/threads/anti-cheat-kicks.30704/#post-119253

AAC can only detect blatant cheats.
AAC can only barely pick up insane reach levels, and only then the notification is "suspicious hits". It can pick up KA easily but that's no help in catching closet cheaters. Also true story, it didn't pickup b-hop so cheaters were b-hopping around the map for 10 minutes at speeds to which we couldn't read their name. Fun times :)

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
The current anti-cheat is fine. AAC is one of the best premium ones out there and most custom anti-cheats are built from AAC. Skycade has over 57k bans with AAC and staff are all experienced with hacks. Skycade has no need for a custom anticheat at all.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
The current anti-cheat is fine. AAC is one of the best premium ones out there and most custom anti-cheats are built from AAC. Skycade has over 57k bans with AAC and staff are all experienced with hacks. Skycade has no need for a custom anticheat at all.
a lot of the bans are bots & other offences

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
a lot of the bans are bots & other offences
Yeah but most of are malicious hacks, AAC is a perfectly good anticheat for the playerbase of skycade right now. If they ever expands and add in new pvp gamemodes then maybe a custom Anti-Cheat could be a good idea but for now I personally think that the staff team is sufficient.

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
I’ve had friends and known people who were able to autoclick 16 cps with 4.5 block reach and the anti cheat did nothing

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Yeah but most of are malicious hacks, AAC is a perfectly good anticheat for the playerbase of skycade right now. If they ever expands and add in new pvp gamemodes then maybe a custom Anti-Cheat could be a good idea but for now I personally think that the staff team is sufficient.
You are severely misinformed you have EVER played kitpvp early morning you will find atleast 5 hackers at a time. Most of them lasting at least 30 minutes at a time. Not only would a better anticheat take strain of staff, but increase player interest. Mostly you will ALWAYS one or more hackers on. Whether it be closet cheaters or blatant cheaters. Plus staff members do have lives outside of the server so they can't always be on. (Not entirely their fault)

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
how many of those 57 thousand bans are closet cheaters, that is the point i'm making

I am not talking about malicious hacks that are blatant, where the player doesn't care if they look like there hacking and just want to have fun or annoy people, i'm talking about people who use little reach and autoclickers to gain a slight advantage on the other players, which is what aac is poor at detecting, how many people have you seen get banned for autoclicker, probably very little as it is hard to detect

Kyle

Diamond
coolkidkylo
coolkidkylo
Emerald
+1, I haven't played too much kitpvp recently, but when I did, there were blatant anti kb, autosoup, and ka users. And even when I do now, still happening

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I am not talking about malicious hacks that are blatant, where the player doesn't care if they look like there hacking and just want to have fun or annoy people, i'm talking about people who use little reach and autoclickers to gain a slight advantage on the other players, which is what aac is poor at detecting, how many people have you seen get banned for autoclicker, probably very little as it is hard to detect
Agreed, AAC can't pickup reach like 3.2-3.5, possibly even higher, and there's no detection for autoclickers either.

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
Agreed, AAC can't pickup reach like 3.2-3.5, possibly even higher, and there's no detection for autoclickers either.
Can’t pick up 4.5 either, I know from friends experience

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
Also quick FYI
Skycade says they won’t add a better anti cheat because of lack of funding :/ so idk

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
Also quick FYI
Skycade says they won’t add a better anti cheat because of lack of funding :/ so idk
I dont know about that, if that is the case then I can get it

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
I dont know about that, if that is the case then I can get it
FYI Alex already said:
Devs are very expensive, and we aren't exactly swimming in cash. A private anti cheat would take a long time.
"Buy the correct one"... like what?

Only like 3 good anticheats, all of which are private.
Although that was a while back so the situation might of changed

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
"Devs are very expensive, and we aren't exactly swimming in cash. A private anti cheat would take a long time." Just have him message TehNeon and buy Invadedlands anticheat lol, it does the job pretty well.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Hey there, I am currently working on my own Anti-cheat and its gosh hard I want to see you develop your OWN anticheat.

YS8

clowning since 2017
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
Hey there, I am currently working on my own Anti-cheat and its gosh hard I want to see you develop your OWN anticheat.
Yeah i would have absolute no clue haha, just saying how outdated the current one is