What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brain numbingly dumb problems with skycade discussion (mainly kitpvp)

AidenLikesPancakes

Banned lol
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
You’d think that with these many threads of people complaining about Skycade, the staff team must think that there has to be something wrong with it right?
Why do they always defend Skycade like it’s their first born child
if they critique skycade in any little way they get hit with that fat demote

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
if anyone here has joined and played kitpvp for longer than 3 minutes youll have had your face smashed in by about 4 blatant hackers, Mod on or no Mod on, and then about 50000 other closet cheaters, theres no point in even attempting at being legit and the fact that people start cheating bc other people are cheating just makes a circle jerk of closet cheaters where they get the next best client to be able to kill everyone else. Theres no actual anticheat on skycade and the people who are gonna complain about false bans are the closet cheaters. Any idiot with a hacked client can join the server have his reach at 3.7 and kockback at .00012 and people will be like WOW LOOK AT THAT GUY HES A GOD. its aids theres no point in playing. probably beating a dead horse with this one just its boring now that ive played it for 2 years and I have the same problems that still haven't been fixed. Oh great event tokens! no working anti cheat though sorry guys. On top of the cesspool of cheating and toxicity (toxic is like ehhh not gonna go but whatever) you get muted for stupid shit, I got muted for recommending a staff member smoke some weed after saying smoke ganja gamers in chat. theres a 420 suffix in the store for gods sake and that's "inapp lang" punishments are screwed people blatantly cheat and expose themselves in reports yet get unbanned easily "bbbbut I can click 22 cps a second" its literally autism in a bag. I literally have a mild drug addiction and still could figure out a way or two to solve it. numoro 1 get an anticheat or tons more competent staff, and numero 2 get chat filters and not mute for stupid shit. I literally want to smash my head into a wall. probably getting a warning point see which staff gets it first lads. just posting to talk about this
It's 9pm and I just reread this and I've literally been laughing at this for the past 10 minutes, thank you for this my last 2 brain cells really appreciate this

if they critique skycade in any little way they get hit with that fat demote
IMAGINE THIS HAPPENING !!!

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
the problem is, with the host in germany, lag can actually create delayed hits so w/ or w/o an anticheat there are still "sketchy hits" that may set off the anticheat. However, some players abuse this and just turn on reach saying their hits were "delayed" when in reality they are using a client. If most everyone had a stable ping of say 80 or lower, then the only hack that would still go undetected would most likely be an autoclicker unless it was set to an insane number, such as 30 cps. This is just the point of view from someone who lives in america, I guess its different if u live in germany though
so w/ or w/o an anticheat there are still "sketchy hits" that may set off the anticheat.
Yes but "sketchy hits" are hits that seem suspicious to the player, the anticheat isn't a biased staff member, it's a plugin serving it's purpose by detecting deviation and any sort of unordinary behavior from the client. So a simple lag spike or delay in connection which anticheats are made to account for... isn't going to lead to a ban. The issue with SkyCade is that it relies on recordings as evidence. Using recordings to prove someone is cheating is a very poor way to obtain evidence. Recordings can't prove any serverside errors or bugs such as my false ban for antikb. Based on staff recordings I did not move when hit which turned out to be a bug... (s/o @Taon2 for looking into the situation afterwards). Also connection can make hits within normal reach distance appear to be from farther away which based on a players pov can look illegitimate but not set off any logs because they are in fact legit.
Even if the anticheat were to hypothetically false ban players, there would still overall be less cheaters on the server in total. It's a no brainer, I don't know how SkyCade has gone this long without a decent anticheat and relying on Staff to ban cheaters...

Matty

xMatty
xMatty
Also connection can make hits within normal reach distance appear to be from farther away which based on a players pov can look illegitimate but not set off any logs because they are in fact legit.
Even if the anticheat were to hypothetically false ban players, there would still overall be less cheaters on the server in total. It's a no brainer, I don't know how SkyCade has gone this long without a decent anticheat and relying on Staff to ban cheaters...
The staff who are actually good know to think about ping an connection and stuff.
it's better to have more cheaters not banned than a load of legit players banned

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
The staff who are actually good know to think about ping an connection and stuff.
it's better to have more cheaters not banned than a load of legit players banned
Even the best of staff make mistakes, again it's a hypothetical situation no one ever said 'tons of legit players' would be banned. Just that if there was a bug causing false bans in the first place the anticheat would still be banning illegitimate players.