What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

can you make the targetting bans longer?

Artistblock

Artistblock
Artistblock
most reports on targetting are longer than 10 minutes yet the first offence is 10 minutes
it discourages reporting targetters since the punishment is so short

Materializing

❊ Ducko was here ❊
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Gold
I mean it increases pretty sharply but I still agree, an hour punishment is really enough, but ten minutes won’t teach a targetter a lesson. +1

MisterSkyi

Master of the sky
Diamond
MisterSkyi
MisterSkyi
Diamond
Its such a minor offense though. Some servers would consider targeting apart of the gamemode.

Satiated

✯ The Lad ✯
Diamond
Satiated
Satiated
Diamond
Its such a minor offense though. Some servers would consider targeting apart of the gamemode.
Yeah, some servers definitely do allow it, especially the more 'hardcore' ones. I totally agree with it as well.

But, for Skycade, it's definitely a more family-friendly server and younger kids could definitely be affected by someone targetting them for easy kills. I definitely do believe the targetting punishment should be longer, but I'm just not sure how much longer. Maybe just skip to the 2nd degree punishment (1h) instead of the silly 10 minute ban.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
I kind of agree but not fully

MisterSkyi

Master of the sky
Diamond
MisterSkyi
MisterSkyi
Diamond
Yeah, some servers definitely do allow it, especially the more 'hardcore' ones. I totally agree with it as well.

But, for Skycade, it's definitely a more family-friendly server and younger kids could definitely be affected by someone targetting them for easy kills. I definitely do believe the targetting punishment should be longer, but I'm just not sure how much longer. Maybe just skip to the 2nd degree punishment (1h) instead of the silly 10 minute ban.
Friendly server my butt. No one can be affected by targeting, you make it sound like a mental illness. It shouldn't even be a punishment. if you are getting targeted, get better at pvp or team with someone to kill the targeter.

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
Some servers would consider targeting apart of the gamemode.
No one can be affected by targeting, you make it sound like a mental illness. It shouldn't even be a punishment. if you are getting targeted, get better at pvp or team with someone to kill the targeter.
Excessive targeting is when you're being targeted so intensely you can't actually -play- the game, if the person doing it is silly enough to keep doing it after the 10 mins then they'll be gone again for a longer time. You don't get better at pvp by dying repeatedly and having to take someone else to help you kill the person repeatedly is basically going to be taking away the same amount of gameplay as just dying to them.

MisterSkyi

Master of the sky
Diamond
MisterSkyi
MisterSkyi
Diamond
Excessive targeting is when you're being targeted so intensely you can't actually -play- the game, if the person doing it is silly enough to keep doing it after the 10 mins then they'll be gone again for a longer time. You don't get better at pvp by dying repeatedly and having to take someone else to help you kill the person repeatedly is basically going to be taking away the same amount of gameplay as just dying to them.
When you think about it some people might think they are being targeted just because there are not many players on. That's probably the main reason I don't think people should be punished for it.

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
When you think about it some people might think they are being targeted just because there are not many players on. That's probably the main reason I don't think people should be punished for it.
If there isn’t many players on it wouldn’t be targeting since you aren’t going out of your way to kill this specific person

MisterSkyi

Master of the sky
Diamond
MisterSkyi
MisterSkyi
Diamond
If there isn’t many players on it wouldn’t be targeting since you aren’t going out of your way to kill this specific person
well, technically you are. considering you are freely going to them.

TheCryptic

Fake Helper
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
well, technically you are. considering you are freely going to them.
Well yh if your going for them and they’re trying to run away it should be considered targeting but if your both fighting it shouldn’t be an issue

PigMatt

★ Piggy ★
Gold
pigmatt
pigmatt
Gold
people are exclusively targeting so they know there doing it, it’s not like there killing them twice. 10 mins is not that long... it ruins the game as well. +1