What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cannon server

Neonninja2425

Neonninja2425
Neonninja2425
In my opinion i think you should add another server to play.skycade.net that allows new players to look at different cannon builds to realize and copy how to do them and also have a board that explain what the cannon does and also a board that gives tips on how to start factions. In my opinion this is a great idea to help new players raid.
Thanks for reading.

Mel

Loser
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
Unnecessary
YouTube is a thing so this isn't needed

Neonninja2425

Neonninja2425
Neonninja2425
i guess but just a sugestion. but i dont think a new player should watch a bunch of videos just to find out the basics where they could just read and find out in a few minutes.

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd
Unnecessary
It is needed because skycade doesnt work similar to other servers, which means some cannons doesn't work

Mel

Loser
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
It is needed because skycade doesnt work similar to other servers, which means some cannons doesn't work
Doesn't mean they have to create a whole new gamemode for it though.
That's why I disagree, I get your point but a whole new gamemode is unnecessary in my opinion

PolarA

_PolarAir
_PolarAir
Unnecessary
I agree, no point adding one when it will be unlikely anyone apart from a few would use it. Youtube cannons might not always work on skycade but people can try and figure out if any do.

AmazingPiggy

Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
Just remove creative and turn it into a 1.8.9 cannon server. +1

Neonninja2425

Neonninja2425
Neonninja2425
Im not saying make a gamemode for like 240 stackers and stuff like that but small little cannons to get new players started

Last edited:

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd
I agree, no point adding one when it will be unlikely anyone apart from a few would use it. Youtube cannons might not always work on skycade but people can try and figure out if any do.
downloading a cannon from Youtube is called skidding, and skidding shows that you're a noob, u lack intellegence and u dont even know how to play factions

PolarA

_PolarAir
_PolarAir
downloading a cannon from Youtube is called skidding, and skidding shows that you're a noob, u lack intellegence and u dont even know how to play factions

But wouldn't coping a cannon off a new game mode also show your a noob? The cannons shown on there probably would be just basic ones you could find one YouTube anyway.

I can see that copying off people isn't really a sign of a great player but the original post said a game mode for new players, who are not likely going to be good.

Also nowhere in my reply did I say download a copy of a cannon, I said simply look for inspiration, see what the server allows and what it doesn't :)

Last edited:

PigMatt

★ this g00d title ★
Gold
pigmatt
pigmatt
Gold
Just remove creative and turn it into a 1.8.9 cannon server. +1
People like creative, why would you just delete it?

There’s single player & google. You can also test it on actual factions (maybe the factions you don’t play if you play only one). [-1]

PolarA

_PolarAir
_PolarAir

There’s single player & google. You can also test it on actual factions (maybe the factions you don’t play if you play only one). [-1]
Yeah, why would people get rid of a gamemode many people like just for a few new players who can take 5 minutes searching for ideas. (Even if it does get them called a noob for not knowing how to make a cannon.)
Also people have bought things for creative (plots) so that would suck, it's like be asking to replace the kitpvp gamemode with minigames, that would cause an outrage wouldn't it?

AmazingPiggy

Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond

Testing takes money and tnt also building in gms is a pain.

Im not saying make a gamemode for like 420 stackers and stuff like that but small little cannons to get new players started
A 420 is the most common and basic hybrid cannon. Also small cannons dont need much testing. The testing server would mostly be for large cannons.

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd

u can't test cannons in survival, that is a fact, and other servers are different from skycade. I want to know how skycade works so I can adjust my cannons so I actually can be able to raid, but since there is no test server u can't know for sure if ur cannon works and then u spend a few hours building it in gamemode 0 and then it doesnt work. Waste of time, waste of tnt and waste of money

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd

Then make a copy of creative and use that as cannon test server

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd
Yeah, why would people get rid of a gamemode many people like just for a few new players who can take 5 minutes searching for ideas.
I would like u to learn how to build a 255 para fusion osrb wet filterbypass in 5 minutes and then build it. For bigger cannon, u can't just go on youtube for 5 minutes to "get ideas." Cannoning is quite hard in the start and if u don't know if the cannon will work on skycad, why bother playing cuz ur not able to raid. U mean Creative is more important than factions? Factions has the biggest playerbase on the server.

electrozap

electrozap
electrozap
I mean its never gonna happen, also instead of making a new gamemode they could just make cannoning so its similar to most servers (which they probably wont do either). And like large cannons actually crash the server so gl with that.

danielpmc

danielpmc
danielpmc
I might talk to @WelshAlex about me making a Cannon server (not linked with skycade) but somewhere where its just a clean server with gmc perms and somewhere people can test their cannons. it wouldnt have a name bc it would just be a cannon test server

Edit: i sent @WelshAlex a message on discord. waiting for reply

Edit x2: Alex responded. "the point of a "cannon server" would be to exactly replicate cannon behaviour on skycade factions, you wouldn't be able to do that so... no"

Last edited:

Sprinteyd

Sprinteyd
Sprinteyd
I might talk to @WelshAlex about me making a Cannon server (not linked with skycade) but somewhere where its just a clean server with gmc perms and somewhere people can test their cannons. it wouldnt have a name bc it would just be a cannon test server

Edit: i sent @WelshAlex a message on discord. waiting for reply

Edit x2: Alex responded. "the point of a "cannon server" would be to exactly replicate cannon behaviour on skycade factions, you wouldn't be able to do that so... no"
ask him for plugins or smth