What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cannoning Server Announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmanbir

Diamond
Parmanbir
Parmanbir
Diamond
Im saying gamer that why couldn't the cannoning server be postponed until the lag was sorted therefore giving a better environment and better way to play the game with less lag to replicate factions. The TPS on the cannoning server was below 5 which is near unplayable. It just seems silly to put out a laggy server to replicate another laggy server.

It seems fair to put out the server now but will it even be beneficial for next season if they cant even cannon due to the lag....

Next the minimod....

If you're going to curse just fucking do it lol

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, 20 is the prime number its good to have 20 TPS means that there is no lag..... im saying both the servers should be able to easily reach 20 TPS, and to not let it replicate it but halt the cannoning server until the TPS is good so you aren't putting out another laggy server which is unplayable!

I know how much time and effort that the devs put into the server, although I feel like things are being rushed by Taon now more than ever, if he thought it through and waited to fix the lag it would have been a much better idea.
Factions lag is fixed

DakotaMoore177

TheHackerSuffix
TheHackerSuffix
cant wait for someone to fire a cannon and the server to crash after 1shot

xlSupreme

Diamond
Quaratine
Quaratine
Diamond
I'll be on to get us a corner!

Ales

Diamond
Iron
Twelv3
Twelv3
Diamond
Hello all! While school has been taking up a lot of everyone's time, I'm happy to announce that a Cannoning server is ready to be deployed!

💥 The Cannoning server is set to launch Saturday, May 16th at 5pm UK//12pm Eastern. 💥

Essentially our goal with this server is to allow players to test their cannons and create their bases with as identical conditions to our factions server as possible. This is a great way to have a base design that all members can easily refer to, without having to leave the server. Obviously, lag between the two servers will be different at times and that is something we are always working to fix. This cannoning server will essentially never reset, it will instead be updated alongside factions constantly. Any change made to factions will be applied to cannoning to keep things consistent.

Incoming Features:
  • 30 chunk x 30 chunk (480 block x 480 block) plots. Obviously lined up with chunk borders.
  • Purchasable plot upgrades on store.skycade.net from 1 plot to 4 plots (so from a 30 chunk by 30 chunk plot to a 60 chunk by 60 chunk)
  • "Hidden" plots - You can only see plots that you are added to. All plots that players are not added to are invisible to their eyes. This prevents people from stealing cannons and snooping base designs.
  • Default players get 10 homes to set on their plot.
  • Protection block - All blocks above a placed iron block will be immune to explosions! This means you don't have to water your cannons for testing.
  • Identical factions conditions! All plugins on factions are also on cannoning, meaning the servers are essentially identical (minus the plots, of course).
  • 10,000 block default WorldEdit limit. 100,000 block limit after voting!
  • Upload your printer schematics to WorldEdit, allowing you to //paste them directly onto your plot!
  • /fire command to remotely fire cannons from far away!
  • New ./printer start system! While of course you can paste or schem in your cannons like normal, using ./printer start will do something more unique. Printing while in ./printer start will only print blocks that are available in the factions shop, and provide you with the total cost of the materials at the end of the session! This will help gauge the price of the schematic and the resources available!
  • Any more additional info will be available in the /faq and spawn holograms!
  • Hard-Limited TPS - The maximum TPS on the cannoning server will be 16, allowing it to more closely relate factions conditions.

Rules Thread
Here's the thread for all rules regarding cannoning. Nothing generally new, just a combination of come creative and factions rules.
https://skycade.net/threads/cannoning-specific-rules.44120/#post-164028

I hope this server is a useful tool for factions people to experiment with! During it's construction I've been working closely with the Factions Representatives in the discord server, and I plan to work with them even more when the factions reset comes around. 💥
fannccccyyyyy

Slinver

Ethan Steel
Diamond
EthanSteel
EthanSteel
Diamond
test

Saiki_Kusuo

Bow ties are cool
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
skaicius
skaicius
MVP
Now thats what i call pretty epic

Dogy

Iron
xDogy
xDogy
Iron
Hello all! While school has been taking up a lot of everyone's time, I'm happy to announce that a Cannoning server is ready to be deployed!

💥 The Cannoning server is set to launch Saturday, May 16th at 5pm UK//12pm Eastern. 💥

Essentially our goal with this server is to allow players to test their cannons and create their bases with as identical conditions to our factions server as possible. This is a great way to have a base design that all members can easily refer to, without having to leave the server. Obviously, lag between the two servers will be different at times and that is something we are always working to fix. This cannoning server will essentially never reset, it will instead be updated alongside factions constantly. Any change made to factions will be applied to cannoning to keep things consistent.

Incoming Features:
  • 30 chunk x 30 chunk (480 block x 480 block) plots. Obviously lined up with chunk borders.
  • Purchasable plot upgrades on store.skycade.net from 1 plot to 4 plots (so from a 30 chunk by 30 chunk plot to a 60 chunk by 60 chunk)
  • "Hidden" plots - You can only see plots that you are added to. All plots that players are not added to are invisible to their eyes. This prevents people from stealing cannons and snooping base designs.
  • Default players get 10 homes to set on their plot.
  • Protection block - All blocks above a placed iron block will be immune to explosions! This means you don't have to water your cannons for testing.
  • Identical factions conditions! All plugins on factions are also on cannoning, meaning the servers are essentially identical (minus the plots, of course).
  • 10,000 block default WorldEdit limit. 100,000 block limit after voting!
  • Upload your printer schematics to WorldEdit, allowing you to //paste them directly onto your plot!
  • /fire command to remotely fire cannons from far away!
  • New ./printer start system! While of course you can paste or schem in your cannons like normal, using ./printer start will do something more unique. Printing while in ./printer start will only print blocks that are available in the factions shop, and provide you with the total cost of the materials at the end of the session! This will help gauge the price of the schematic and the resources available!
  • Any more additional info will be available in the /faq and spawn holograms!
  • Hard-Limited TPS - The maximum TPS on the cannoning server will be 16, allowing it to more closely relate factions conditions.

Rules Thread
Here's the thread for all rules regarding cannoning. Nothing generally new, just a combination of come creative and factions rules.
https://skycade.net/threads/cannoning-specific-rules.44120/#post-164028

I hope this server is a useful tool for factions people to experiment with! During it's construction I've been working closely with the Factions Representatives in the discord server, and I plan to work with them even more when the factions reset comes around. 💥
its stupid skycade cant handle a cannon server especially with its tps #removecannoningserver #bringbackopfactions!!! and also stupid idea considering facs is laggy as fuckkk

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
Locking because cannoning launched, so no reason for this to be an active thread.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.