change name button

ohLaike

Professional Procrastinator
Diamond
Gold
ohLaike
ohLaike
Senior Moderator
Ok those parenthesis make no sense but the overall suggestion is, while oversuggested, something I’ve started to support after a while. It would be nice to be able to change our forum names. While I don’t think it’s going to happen I’m going to say +1

Reactions: lbe

Mel

Retired convenience
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
This has been discussed in the past before
And personally I think it's a good idea
People do make mistakes or create silly names they then later regret,
Therefore this is certainly a good suggestion
Although, Nothing seems to be happening about this
But +1 from me xd

abc

def
Emerald
Diamond
unperished
unperished
Emerald
who would not wanted the name abc
although i want in caps
so +1

EddieStobart

I love you I think
Diamond
Gold
Elytras
Elytras
Diamond
Yea i like this idea! People change their names from time to time and its cool to keep up to date! +1

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
i agree, i know alot of people put names in not knowing they can not change them. Also people change there IGN and want there forums name to be the same as there IGN. people say just make a new account but some people can't because you cant link your minecraft account with 2 forum accounts, you need an alt which alot of people don't have. [+1]

Satiated

✯ The Lad ✯
Diamond
Satiate
Satiate
Diamond
This is going to sound repetitive, but I do agree with the idea. I don't see why it is a bad thing to be able to change your username on the forums. People make mistakes and that is a fact. I think it says you cannot change your name during the sign-up process, but some people could just disregard that. Maybe to prevent abuse, it could be limited so that you could only change your name every 30 days? But still, I think that you should be able to change it whenever.
+1

ANewHope

Hello There
Staff member
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
This wasn't a thing with the old forums and we did ask for this on them but, As it would be nice I just don't see it happening.

Opthenoob

BlockedUser
BlockedUser
i think it would be a good feature tho

(Note) anyway when you see this it will be two weeks old tomorrow so today postin while i still can

Kwuffin

Fulltime pain in the ass
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
I agree, but it’s also pretty abusive, people can make names, but it could be used for a lot of inappropriate stuff, just look at how many people got banned for inapp usernames. Giving people the ability to chance their names will just add another task to the to do list for the mods.

A note when you /register saying that you can’t change your name would be nice though.
Not a good idea, but not a bad one either

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Diamond
Maybe limit it to one name change

TheFoodie

nothing much
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
i think it would be a good feature tho

(Note) anyway when you see this it will be two weeks old tomorrow so today postin while i still can
The necropost thing only counts from the last person who posted on it. Not from when it was first created. Also this would be quite cool to have as I myself changed my ign and wanted my forums one to be the same. However most people have probably seen what happened with the signature thing and that is one of the reasons you can't change your name here. If you had maybe a one time use it would work better like xChocobear said then it could potentially work. Also @Kwuffin I'm fairly sure it does give you a note

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.