What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Company that hosts skycade?

Boxersteavee634

Boxersteavee634
Boxersteavee634
Hello, I am thinking on making my own little server but idk what hosting company i should go with, or do i host it on my old PC that still works its just on windows 7 (better for minecraft). I thought of skycade's hosting company as it is quite reliable (as far as i am aware) does any1 know what company they use? If so just let me know or you can give me a list of good providers that provide BungeeCord and good reliability. Thanks Skycade Community in advance

Boxersteavee634

Boxersteavee634
Boxersteavee634
Also what forums host is this. i have seen this on other servers.

Kwuffin

The world is tough, get used to it
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
Hello, I am thinking on making my own little server but idk what hosting company i should go with, or do i host it on my old PC that still works its just on windows 7 (better for minecraft). I thought of skycade's hosting company as it is quite reliable (as far as i am aware) does any1 know what company they use? If so just let me know or you can give me a list of good providers that provide BungeeCord and good reliability. Thanks Skycade Community in advance
Skycade's host is anything BUT reliable. I don't recommend it.

Also what forums host is this. i have seen this on other servers.
Xenforo was used to make the forums, no idea what hosts it.

Boxersteavee634

Boxersteavee634
Boxersteavee634
Skycade's host is anything BUT reliable. I don't recommend it.

Xenforo was used to make the forums, no idea what hosts it.
Any good hosts you can recommend then?

Celmestra

Professional KOTH Capper.
Emerald
Diamond
Celmestra
Celmestra
Emerald
@Boxersteavee634 Please don’t double post. You can just edit your first reply if you forgot to add something in the reply. I also don’t think asking for help on making a minecraft server is a topic that should be spoken about on the skycade forums. I have a feeling this thread may get locked.

Kwuffin

The world is tough, get used to it
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
im expecting to pay about £50/month
£50 is quite a lot to pay for a server per month, especially when you're just starting out.
What are planning to do with the server

BritBout

The short one
Staff member
Emerald
Diamond
BritBout
BritBout

Elliamy

Vibing
Emerald
Diamond
Elliamy
Elliamy
Emerald
If your looking for a small server to play with friends and need good support apex hosting is good as they have instant live chat support. Otherwise ownagehosting/elixirnode are cheaper, but with less support. Hope you and your friends have some fun!

Parroting_Is_God

GODPAIN
GODPAIN
the server host is OVH. i don’t recommend you use it tho

PigMatt

Social Distancing
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond

Dictator_Alideen

North Korea is democratic
Iron
Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Iron
They moved on from OVH because it was horrible and deleted the forums
OVH in my experience and nearly everyone else other than Skycade who I have talked too have spoken highly of OVH aside from their support being utter shit. I would rather OVH than a hosting provider which blocks Discord IIRC (Or the other way around) and a hosting provider which can actually mitigate a DDoS attack.

If your looking for a small server to play with friends and need good support apex hosting is good as they have instant live chat support. Otherwise ownagehosting/elixirnode are cheaper, but with less support. Hope you and your friends have some fun!
I wouldn't recommend any of those three hosts lol.

@Boxersteavee634 Please don’t double post. You can just edit your first reply if you forgot to add something in the reply. I also don’t think asking for help on making a minecraft server is a topic that should be spoken about on the skycade forums. I have a feeling this thread may get locked.
Please don't minimod

Sai

SAI7
SAI7
does it matter that much lmfao

Parroting_Is_God

GODPAIN
GODPAIN
imagine going on a post just to write a paragraph about “doNt doUble poST”.
:eek:

Uphelds

https://www.youtube.com/c/Uphelds
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
Uphelds
Uphelds
Emerald
depending on the size of your server £50 wont keep up a big server lol

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
If you want your own server you sure as hell don’t want to use the host Skycade uses. I would recommend apex hosting or just getting a realm. If you want a free small server try Minehutt wich basicly lets you make a free mini server that can hold I think up to 20 players or ten players completely free.

JustWibbly

small cringy yter
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Iron
MyNameIsNotFinn
MyNameIsNotFinn
Emerald

Sjeminee

cChimney
cChimney
Its hosted on Aternos

Dictator_Alideen

North Korea is democratic
Iron
Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Iron
Can I ask why those three hosts are bad? (Elixrnode in particular - it looks quite good to me)
Aside from high pricing and shitty RAM for their lowest price. Along with the fact they don't disclose much information aside from Specs not anything else (ElixirNode) As for the other two they are literally memes in the hosting community.