What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crop Hoppers

Mojang

IcyAvenger
IcyAvenger
Oh look there's the toxicity again, nice one. Enjoy the ban!

For everyone else that's wondering, you can see our KOTHs at /warp - should be active next week!
you just proved his point... he wasnt even being toxic and even called you out on banning people just because you disagree with what they said. grow up and start acting like a manager.
you cant take criticism
you ban people if they say something you disagree with
and you're extremely rude to some people

You act like a child and throw a temper tantrum every time someone says something you don’t want to hear. or isn’t what you wanted as an answer. And you punish them. I.e. myself. Grow up alex.
you're the most predictable human ever. you would've destroyed him if you didnt ban him and listened to what he was saying but nope, you just proved his point. well done!

WelshAlex

Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
you just proved his point... he wasnt even being toxic and even called you out on banning people just because you disagree with what they said. grow up and start acting like a manager.
you cant take criticism
you ban people if they say something you disagree with
and you're extremely rude to some people

you're the most predictable human ever. you would've destroyed him if you didnt ban him and listened to what he was saying but nope, you just proved his point. well done!
He was blatantly toxic, and I'm not 12 so "omg I bet you'll ban me" isn't going to stop me from banning someone for being toxic lol?
Feel free to keep arguing in my DMs, but the thread is being derailed now so move on.

Blaze

Diamond
BlazeRavenHeart
BlazeRavenHeart
Diamond
Will crop hoppers be available for skyblock as well?

Broken_King

Broken_King
Broken_King
Is there any progress on fixing the Crop hopper bug where it resets and stops working after every restart. I tried implementing them but I still get the glitch.

(P.S. Not trying to nag just want to know when its updated so I can get rid off my current hopper system and simple use one Crop Hopper) (In fact, I saw DevRickyB working on it today, however; I think he said its not fixed yet.)

Last edited:

xlSupreme

VickyWoah
VickyWoah
#fix crop hoppers
they legit pick up nothing anymore, useless for cacti go back to using normal hoppers

iiBlaze

The Tryhard
Gold
iiBlaze
iiBlaze
Gold
In my opinion, this doesn't work... Nothing was wrong with the previous ones. Now that the OG hoppers pick and move stuff up faster, whats the point of these new ones

KoalaIsMe

BlockWagon
BlockWagon
Hello! First announcement on the new forums about gameplay, woo!

We've just introduced something called Crop Hoppers to both factions gamemodes, and if this trial goes well then we'll also look into adding them to both Skyblock realms.

What are Crop Hoppers and why have you added them?

Crop Hoppers is a plugin that allows players to get a special type of hopper called a Crop Hopper, what this hopper does is picks up ANY mob or farm drops in the chunk in which it's placed. So you can place a Crop Hopper under your creeper farm for example and it will pick up any gunpowder and TNT they drop within the chunk that you placed the Crop Hopper in! (A chunk is a 16x16 block area in Minecraft, and is visible using /f sc on factions!).
This means you just need 1 crop hopper to replace the 256+ hoppers you'd usually use in 1 chunk!
Other than picking up everything in the chunk Crop Hoppers behave exactly like regular hoppers, so you can filter them into your chest system easily which makes converting your grinders simple.

The reason we've added this is because hoppers create a TON of lag, and we hope that by introducing Crop Hoppers we can massively reduce the use of hoppers and as a result reduce lag on gamemodes.

How do we get Crop Hoppers?

It's simple, just hold a hopper in your hand and type /converthopper - it's free!

Why should my faction use Crop Hoppers?

Because it'll reduce lag, and if you don't then an admin will delete your current hopper system so you'll kind of be forced to use Crop Hoppers!

We've also made adjustments to hoppers behaviour so they now move items a lot quicker than before, so you shouldn't experience any item overflow in your grinders!

As I alluded to earlier this is a trial, which means there will likely be issues surrounding the plugin that we need to fix and it'll also take some time before we can see if it had any real effect on lag because people need time to replace their systems. If it goes well we'll be adding the plugin to Skyblock, if not then we'll be looking for more solutions!
If we do decide to move the plugin onto Skyblock realms we'll let you know on the discord.
You could do more stuff like that with redstone too.. somehow I guess
Yours,
Koala

DrGengu

DrGengu
DrGengu
In my opinion, this doesn't work... Nothing was wrong with the previous ones. Now that the OG hoppers pick and move stuff up faster, whats the point of these new ones
this change breaks sorting systems :(
#fix crop hoppers
#fix sorting systems pls

Gold
Iron
Gold
you can always keep your hopper as default if you don't want to use the crop ones its not hard stop complaining its for people who doesn't want to have much hopper and keep it simple for them and to reduce lag
btw its implemented on skyblock-egypt now since its not announced anywhere just throwed it out here

Vendettie

Vendettie
Vendettie
didnt even let me finish

BabyDJ

Diamond
BabyDJ
BabyDJ
Diamond
I'm just going to stick with normal hoppers.

ginthian

Ginthian
Ginthian
I'm just going to stick with normal hoppers.
If you have too many normal hoppers they may force you to change over to reduce lag.

LOL, The point is they reduce lag, which is exactly what was wrong with the previous ones.

BabyDJ

Diamond
BabyDJ
BabyDJ
Diamond
If you have too many normal hoppers they may force you to change over to reduce lag.
I don't use very many hoppers anyway, I'm more focused on building

davidstrains96

Diamond
Iron
Davidstrains96
Davidstrains96
Diamond
He was blatantly toxic, and I'm not 12 so "omg I bet you'll ban me" isn't going to stop me from banning someone for being toxic lol?
Feel free to keep arguing in my DMs, but the thread is being derailed now so move on.
Get him Alex