What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Disable the /report feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrode83

the sorta OG
Diamond
xPeep
xPeep
Diamond
Snitching is actually when you 'tell on' someone to get yourself out of trouble. You aren't in trouble when someone hacks on a server, however, you are when you mess up your professor's car. A real-world example would be "snitching to the cops", this would imply that you have done something wrong, and are bringing forward new information to lessen your sentence or punishment. Your analogy is flawed and reasoning is absolutely terrible. Making it more convenient for staff, and more enjoyable for other players isn't a bad feature, it just sounds like you're trying to make it easier to get away with cheating on the server.

So no, let's not remove the /report feature.

LazyNeko

yaaaaaawn
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
ReineU
ReineU
Emerald
How is it not snitching? It is informing a staff member of someone breaking the rules, therefore
There is no reason for this to be removed. We'll still have minimods, and people directly reporting to mod(s)' DMs. (that's what I do.) and /report isn't even the best way to do it. Not all staff even have it enabled, so it's not really snitching. Anyways, if you want to make this happen, you need to think it through better.

I WAS THE FIRST IRON ALL OF YOU 500 PEOPLE WHO GOT IT FOR FREE ARE BAD SMH

parthis

parthis
parthis
If he's not cheating he should be good lol? The feature is to alert staff, the staff member won't ban this player unless they have proof of the player actually cheating.
Yea.. I know how to play skycade... I suggested he was most likely a hacker because a normal person would want ALL hackers gone instead of complaining about snitches.

ProSl3nderMan

DrPepper Sponsor
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
ProSl3nderMan
ProSl3nderMan
MVP

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
The ./report feature is to get the attention of staff to check out a hacker when none are directly available. Staff are busy people, they can't have their attention everywhere at the same time. Locking because this thread seems like an argument now.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.