What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do ss like everyone else is now on 2020

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
Start do ss , this server has so many fake bans, Staff to afraid to ban or something else, anticheat is more then shit, Everything works on it. A player was FLYING on kitpvp for 20 min killing players , at least do so it can kick players. Hard to get everything with vids and staff watching yea I know that, That is why you should start ss, And jacks videos with why his server has no hackers or he ban 100% of them with the staff is a joke. So many is reaching or using something else, Start ss or recruit staff that don’t only play smp, prison, skyblock to at least get rid off 60-80% hackers @Taon2
Kitpvp is your gamemode so^

Also Ricky wanted me to put it on the bug reports but this is close enough, wtf happend to the anticheat in the start it was okay, Took a break to focus on other servers ( With a good faction btw lol ) And I come back to hell, people blant killaura or timer so hard ( not kits ) And let not talk about the reach people use lol, So what happend to the anticheat it should at least kick players that is faster then /speed 5-7 or flying, And love to be 5 blocked to, So my suggestion is rework the anticheat, start to ss, Get a better anticheat, Learn staff how to cheack/ look for hackers and how to do ss. @RickyB98

Did this on my phone btw so will prob look fucked ( blame swedish keyboard )

aidanhh

a rando
Emerald
Diamond
aidanhh
aidanhh
Emerald
no the anticheat is top notch quality i dont know what you are saying!

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
We disabled kicking from the anticheat as it falsely kicked so many people, and it began to conflict with stuff like k/d ratios and stuff on kitpvp from these kicks (as they counted as deaths). Literally yesterday I spent time working out how to properly configure it better, and tonight I'm going to spend even more time figuring that out too. My hope is within the next month begin to start kicking (or maybe even autobanning, if we determine specific alerts are worthy). We're able to toggle autobans for each type of alert, the only thing I havent figured out is how to configure the amount of violations required to be considered an autoban. I'm hoping the developer API has something for that, and if it does, then we're in business.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
We disabled kicking from the anticheat as it falsely kicked so many people, and it began to conflict with stuff like k/d ratios and stuff on kitpvp from these kicks (as they counted as deaths). Literally yesterday I spent time working out how to properly configure it better, and tonight I'm going to spend even more time figuring that out too. My hope is within the next month begin to start kicking (or maybe even autobanning, if we determine specific alerts are worthy). We're able to toggle autobans for each type of alert, the only thing I havent figured out is how to configure the amount of violations required to be considered an autoban. I'm hoping the developer API has something for that, and if it does, then we're in business.
Great to see, should still have kick for timer/ fly alerts ( if they get a few ) Low changes to be fake.

More then happy to help you with it.

StqrBuckss

15 • KitPvP/Skyblock • i like bans :)))
Staff member
Helper
Emerald
Diamond
StqrBuckss
StqrBuckss
Helper
Great to see, should still have kick for timer/ fly alerts ( if they get a few ) Low changes to be fake.

More then happy to help you with it.
Not necessarily, I've seen many people who were just really laggy yet still got fly alerts

NegativeKB

I used to ban closet cheaters for a living
Emerald
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Emerald
i've come back from the dead

heres a little cheat sheet for verus

it was made for like hcf servers that ss and autoban but i cba modifying it

Code:
Most Likely Legit:

KillAura 3F: This is an alert that flags when somebody hits people when they come in range, for example triggerbot. This is possible legit and therefor the person is most likely legit.
NoVelocity 12C: This is an alert that flags when a person doesn't take kb when they get hit, this is most of the time caused by lag, making them most likely legit. Note: This can also be complete anti-kb. Always check a person's ping if they set off these alerts.
Speed 10A: This is an alert that flags when somebody moves quicker as usual, meaning this could be lag, client bugs (in badlion client or other client-side anticheats), meaning they are most likely legit. If a player reaches 30 of these alerts, they get autobanned. This can also be cheats such as ClickTeleport or Speed.

Might Be Cheating: (spectate)

Reach 9B: This is a reach alert that most of the time gets caused by lag, it checks the distance between the players when the hit registers.
KillAura 3H: This can be anything from good aim to click aim, this can be done legit but its really hard meaning they might be cheating.
Fly 4E: This alert can either be flagged by somebody getting comboed while being in a corner, or them using anything from a velocity modifier, to bhop and scaffold. Meaning they might be cheating.
Autoclicker 2X: This flags when the person is clicking 20cps+ consistently, this can be done legit but I would suggest screensharing them anyways. If they set off multiple alerts in a row, definitely freeze them!

Most Likely Cheating: (ss or ban if blatant)

Reach 9A: This flags if the distance between the players is too much at the moment of the hit (taking ping in account). This can be manipulated with extremely high ping. If a persons ping is under 100 and they set off multiple of these, its a ban. Meaning that if somebody sets off these alerts, they are most likely cheating.
KillAura 3G: Actual KillAura, meaning that they hit the person the second they can, this means that they are most likely cheating.
KillAura 6H: Attacking somebody the second they come in range or hitting them while not looking at them, this can be manipulated with lag, meaning they are most likely cheating.
Autoclicker 2C: This flags if the click count isn't random, or if an autoclicker has a bad randomizer. This is possible to set off legit but its extremely hard. Meaning they are most likely cheating.
hVelocity 12B: This flags if a player takes little to no horizontal kb without a wall behind them. This is hard to impossible to manipulate meaning that they are most likely cheating
Timer 11A: This flags if a player is doing any activity faster than actually possible. This can be caused by severe frame drops, but its unlikely, making the person most likely cheating.
AimAssist 1A1: This flags if a players movement is too smooth to be possible, or if somebody looks at 1 part of the opponent, this means that they are most likely cheating.
OmniSprint 10E: This flags if a player sprints while going sideways. This is mainly caused by strafe cheats but can also be caused by lag or client bugs (such as badlion client or other client-side anticheats)
Autoclicker 6F: This is probably triggerbot, this is most likely cheats.
Aimbot 6C: Click aim, this is most likely cheats.

Definitely Cheating: Insta ban

KillAura 6N: This flags for AimAura, meaning that the player will always look at the closest entity or other player around. This is not possible legit and if somebody tries to mimic it, it will never be as smooth. This means the player is definitely cheating and you can ban them.
vVelocity: This flags if a player takes little to no vertical velocity. If somebody flags this, you can instantly ban them. This alert often comes together with Fly 4E.
Fly 4D: This flags if a person is hovering (flying but staying at the same level). This is an instant ban.
Fly 4I: This flags if a person is using Glider, meaning they fall very slow. This again is impossible to mimic and you can instantly ban them.
Fly 4K: This flags if the person doesn't take any fall damage (NoFall). This again you should instantly ban for.
Fly 4C: This flags if somebody turns on fly on a shitty client. This will most likely instantly get them autobanned by the anticheat.
KillAura 6B: Hitting multiple people at a time, this is not possible and therefore they are definitely cheating.

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
i've come back from the dead

heres a little cheat sheet for verus

it was made for like hcf servers that ss and autoban but i cba modifying it

Code:
Most Likely Legit:

KillAura 3F: This is an alert that flags when somebody hits people when they come in range, for example triggerbot. This is possible legit and therefor the person is most likely legit.
NoVelocity 12C: This is an alert that flags when a person doesn't take kb when they get hit, this is most of the time caused by lag, making them most likely legit. Note: This can also be complete anti-kb. Always check a person's ping if they set off these alerts.
Speed 10A: This is an alert that flags when somebody moves quicker as usual, meaning this could be lag, client bugs (in badlion client or other client-side anticheats), meaning they are most likely legit. If a player reaches 30 of these alerts, they get autobanned. This can also be cheats such as ClickTeleport or Speed.

Might Be Cheating: (spectate)

Reach 9B: This is a reach alert that most of the time gets caused by lag, it checks the distance between the players when the hit registers.
KillAura 3H: This can be anything from good aim to click aim, this can be done legit but its really hard meaning they might be cheating.
Fly 4E: This alert can either be flagged by somebody getting comboed while being in a corner, or them using anything from a velocity modifier, to bhop and scaffold. Meaning they might be cheating.
Autoclicker 2X: This flags when the person is clicking 20cps+ consistently, this can be done legit but I would suggest screensharing them anyways. If they set off multiple alerts in a row, definitely freeze them!

Most Likely Cheating: (ss or ban if blatant)

Reach 9A: This flags if the distance between the players is too much at the moment of the hit (taking ping in account). This can be manipulated with extremely high ping. If a persons ping is under 100 and they set off multiple of these, its a ban. Meaning that if somebody sets off these alerts, they are most likely cheating.
KillAura 3G: Actual KillAura, meaning that they hit the person the second they can, this means that they are most likely cheating.
KillAura 6H: Attacking somebody the second they come in range or hitting them while not looking at them, this can be manipulated with lag, meaning they are most likely cheating.
Autoclicker 2C: This flags if the click count isn't random, or if an autoclicker has a bad randomizer. This is possible to set off legit but its extremely hard. Meaning they are most likely cheating.
hVelocity 12B: This flags if a player takes little to no horizontal kb without a wall behind them. This is hard to impossible to manipulate meaning that they are most likely cheating
Timer 11A: This flags if a player is doing any activity faster than actually possible. This can be caused by severe frame drops, but its unlikely, making the person most likely cheating.
AimAssist 1A1: This flags if a players movement is too smooth to be possible, or if somebody looks at 1 part of the opponent, this means that they are most likely cheating.
OmniSprint 10E: This flags if a player sprints while going sideways. This is mainly caused by strafe cheats but can also be caused by lag or client bugs (such as badlion client or other client-side anticheats)
Autoclicker 6F: This is probably triggerbot, this is most likely cheats.
Aimbot 6C: Click aim, this is most likely cheats.

Definitely Cheating: Insta ban

KillAura 6N: This flags for AimAura, meaning that the player will always look at the closest entity or other player around. This is not possible legit and if somebody tries to mimic it, it will never be as smooth. This means the player is definitely cheating and you can ban them.
vVelocity: This flags if a player takes little to no vertical velocity. If somebody flags this, you can instantly ban them. This alert often comes together with Fly 4E.
Fly 4D: This flags if a person is hovering (flying but staying at the same level). This is an instant ban.
Fly 4I: This flags if a person is using Glider, meaning they fall very slow. This again is impossible to mimic and you can instantly ban them.
Fly 4K: This flags if the person doesn't take any fall damage (NoFall). This again you should instantly ban for.
Fly 4C: This flags if somebody turns on fly on a shitty client. This will most likely instantly get them autobanned by the anticheat.
KillAura 6B: Hitting multiple people at a time, this is not possible and therefore they are definitely cheating.
Ironically I was looking for you on discord yesterday because I knew you had something like this, but couldn't find you so moved on. Thanks for this lol, I'll see what I can do with it.

NegativeKB

I used to ban closet cheaters for a living
Emerald
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Emerald
Ironically I was looking for you on discord yesterday because I knew you had something like this, but couldn't find you so moved on. Thanks for this lol, I'll see what I can do with it.
haha nice, i left skycade discord a while back so that's probably why. we should still be friends on discord though, regardless have fun with that

Alessio

Iron
Quickel
Quickel
Iron
Agreed! Just got false banned again.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Now understandably this could and does work on a mostly pvp based server, but skycade isn't pvp based is it. We have multiple gamemodes that only 2 really focus on pvp and one is semi at best.

Our staff come from all these gamemodes and to expect some to be able to SS players is a very high expectation of someone who may play smp or just skyblock.

Maybe when skycade was highly invested in factions with the two separate types of factions it might've worked where certain people would be allowed to SS, but not anymore.

This brings it back to the fact that not many people know how to SS or aren't sure what they may be looking for while screensharing.

Skycade isn't all about PvP while those servers that do SS are PvP based servers such as Velt and Viper maybe Caves, but we don't talk about that server.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
Now understandably this could and does work on a mostly pvp based server, but skycade isn't pvp based is it. We have multiple gamemodes that only 2 really focus on pvp and one is semi at best.

Our staff come from all these gamemodes and to expect some to be able to SS players is a very high expectation of someone who may play smp or just skyblock.

Maybe when skycade was highly invested in factions with the two separate types of factions it might've worked where certain people would be allowed to SS, but not anymore.

This brings it back to the fact that not many people know how to SS or aren't sure what they may be looking for while screensharing.

Skycade isn't all about PvP while those servers that do SS are PvP based servers such as Velt and Viper maybe Caves, but we don't talk about that server.

Do like other servers, if you are skyblock mod you have only staff perms on skyblock, This will give server less abuse and false bans, Then you can also learn kitpvp and faction staff only to ss, at least think about it

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Do like other servers, if you are skyblock mod you have only staff perms on skyblock, This will give server less abuse and false bans, Then you can also learn kitpvp and faction staff only to ss, at least think about it
The problem with that is sometimes players want to be staff because they want to interact with players across all platforms. This may work on saico to some degree, but not on skycade where the community is ever-changing and being staff only on one gamemode basically prevents you from doing work on other gamemodes even though you may be staff, you would lack permissions on factions if you had perms only on skyblock.

Part of becoming staff is also learning about how to be the right staff member, you can obv see as some staff goes on they improve and their false bans become less and less, if this wasn't true they would've been given a staff strike which would hopefully encourage them to work better or be demoted.

This also goes alongside being a helper, we offer a month period to people who are staff on skycade for the first time to teach them how to be correct staff members.
Ex. Staff such as myself before I became helper again get 3 weeks as we usually know a lot more and require less training.

I can understand your frustration where there might be a case of being false banned, but in all honesty, no one is perfect and those who claim to be perfect aren't the least from perfect. Some staff require more time to train or to learn how to do things correctly, even if you were to limit them to one server for permissions it wouldn't help them grow as a staff member, just limits what they could be, for example, @ashuwu was and still is a smp player to a degree, yet still bans efficiently and does her job well.

If we were to limit the possibilities of people who want to help, then we wouldn't receive much help, would we?

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
The problem with that is sometimes players want to be staff because they want to interact with players across all platforms. This may work on saico to some degree, but not on skycade where the community is ever-changing and being staff only on one gamemode basically prevents you from doing work on other gamemodes even though you may be staff, you would lack permissions on factions if you had perms only on skyblock.

Part of becoming staff is also learning about how to be the right staff member, you can obv see as some staff goes on they improve and their false bans become less and less, if this wasn't true they would've been given a staff strike which would hopefully encourage them to work better or be demoted.

This also goes alongside being a helper, we offer a month period to people who are staff on skycade for the first time to teach them how to be correct staff members.
Ex. Staff such as myself before I became helper again get 3 weeks as we usually know a lot more and require less training.

I can understand your frustration where there might be a case of being false banned, but in all honesty, no one is perfect and those who claim to be perfect aren't the least from perfect. Some staff require more time to train or to learn how to do things correctly, even if you were to limit them to one server for permissions it wouldn't help them grow as a staff member, just limits what they could be, for example, @ashuwu was and still is a smp player to a degree, yet still bans efficiently and does her job well.

If we were to limit the possibilities of people who want to help, then we wouldn't receive much help, would we?
Fair enough, Guess you can be helper on your gamemode and learn, and that mods and higher ranks will be global, Then we will will have helpers on all gamemodes, And if you need to go around and help others, Mods and up can do that. Helpers can continue there training on there main mode

Nouvelles

Snr Mod from Down Under
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Nouvelles
Nouvelles
Senior Moderator
Fair enough, Guess you can be helper on your gamemode and learn, and that mods and higher ranks will be global, Then we will will have helpers on all gamemodes, And if you need to go around and help others, Mods and up can do that. Helpers can continue there training on there main mode
I don’t think this could work to be honest. We need helpers to show us that they understand hacks and if they played on there own gamemode, something where little hacks are used, we would really only see them modding chat. And if they made it to mod then they would be on there own trying to mod all gamemodes and we wouldn’t know if they could accurately gauge hacks.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
I don’t think this could work to be honest. We need helpers to show us that they understand hacks and if they played on there own gamemode, something where little hacks are used, we would really only see them modding chat. And if they made it to mod then they would be on there own trying to mod all gamemodes and we wouldn’t know if they could accurately gauge hacks.
To be fair, Helpers should moderate chat first, harder for them to do bans, And here should the global mods be, to ban the hackers.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
To be fair, Helpers should moderate chat first, harder for them to do bans, And here should the global mods be, to ban the hackers.
I used to think that at first, but if you were to introduce helpers to going out and banning as mods instead of being helper you’ll have a bigger problem with mods making false bans. Having helpers bring the trial level is easier as they have to work for the bans they get

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
I used to think that at first, but if you were to introduce helpers to going out and banning as mods instead of being helper you’ll have a bigger problem with mods making false bans. Having helpers bring the trial level is easier as they have to work for the bans they get
Ofc Helpers should to bans to and learn it, and most servers have T-Mods after helpers, There you will learn more about how to ban and if ss, how to ss, To low the chance to fake ban