Explantion of Nora's ban

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Imnotgodinminecr, Jun 19, 2017.

?

Should Nora be unbanned

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Imnotgodinminecr

Imnotgodinminecr Well Known Forums Member

Hello. Most of you know me here as Imnotgodinminecr from season 1,2,4 or 5.

Recently Nora has been demoted + perm banned.

I am speaking for lots of other players on the server. I would like a brief explanation + proof of Nora's abuse.

Not hating here, but what happened to "innocent until proven guilty?".

Show me the proof. Unless your lying.

From
    One of the most well known players on skycade

-imnotgodinminecr

@ItzReece @WelshAlex @Joe

2. CorgoAureo

CorgoAureo Member

First of all, it is one thing to ask why she was banned as one is always curious, but to question the judgement of a higher authority is absurd. It may have been a misunderstanding. It might have been something else, but I don't see where you get off telling the staff to give you proof because you're a "famous" player on the server. I've never heard of you so take what you want from that.

TotallyNotSean likes this.
  3. _Cat_Lord_

_Cat_Lord_ Member

You've never heard of him because you're new. Anyone who has been playing SkyCade for a week will know imnotgodinminecr

Shan and Imnotgodinminecr like this.
  4. Shan

Shan Well Known Forums Member

No, questioning the judgement of a higher authority is a right. We want evidence of her abusing. This is something huge.

I haven't voted on the poll yet because I'm extremely confused as to what happened.

5. Sodiumz

Sodiumz Well Known Forums Member

Everyone calm down, in order for evidence to be released Nora must make an appeal for herself!

6. Magma

Magma Well Known Forums Member

Ban evasion, change the way that works and then you come back and argue for that point

What would they gain from demoting some innocent moderator?

You're new so of course you won't know a player whose fame comes from history rather than some big spike in exposure recently, also the fame thing was a joke but there are a bunch of technically 'famous' players.

7. Joe

Joe Carrot King
    Youtuber

In depth discussion with Nooraaa took place and was recorded by the staff team. This was scrutinised several times and, due to some of the things being said, it will not be released to the public.
    There is sufficient proof for the demote and, once again, I feel disappointed that people are even questioning whether we would act without first being sure.

Sodiumz likes this.
  8. JordT

JordT Well Known Forums Member

"Show me the proof. Unless you're* lying."
    What kind of logic is that?
    And they're quite clearly not going to demote and perm ban a valued staff member for no reason?
    I know myself that Joe and Jack trusted her a lot, but what happened, happened, and you can't reverse it.
    And if they think what was said in the discussion of her demote and ban was too unpleasant, so be it.

9. Magma

Magma Well Known Forums Member

Cuz I'm too lazy to edit, if you want to bring up any point that she was going to try to 'expose' something or leak info from the staff team then the higher staff had ample time to remove her moderator privileges or ban her account/IP (idk if you can do that on XenForo) so she wouldn't be able to post. They had her IP but they didn't IP-ban her to prevent alts coming on and linking websites.

10. Shan

You never know, man.

11. TotallyNotSean

TotallyNotSean Appreciated Forums Member

This is what Holly wrote on another thread:

Hi everyone, on behalf of the senior staff I'm going to explain why Nooraaa was demoted and banned. We don't demote staff without valid reason and hopefully through my explanation you will understand the reason for our actions.

Sufficient evidence was gathered to show that Nora was abusing her mod position for personal gain. The first was a home she had set. Nora told us that she tped to luuk (standing on the ground of the nether) and ended up on a platform. This platform was on claimed land, above ground level and could not be accessed other than through flying (epearls are disabled in claimed land and you couldn't build up to it). Nora told us that she must have accessed the platform through a bug, however after extensive testing we have concluded that no such bug exists. Nora then set a home on this platform with the intention of later using the home to raid the base that was being built around the platform. The only conclusion is that Nora flew up to the platform, therefore constituting abuse. I'd like to add that Nora has once again changed her story on this thread, where she doesn't mention Luuk in her first post, saying she ran to the claim.

The second occasion of abuse was through unfairly acquiring items. Nora's base was being raided and she was killed. She went into vanish and tped to her base. She picked up items in vanish that dropped through the raid and only gave them back when called out. This also constitutes abuse.

Finally, a lesser incident was Nora's use of /thru. Nora was in Parliament's base and used /thru in what she claims was an attempt to fix lag, however it gave her access to other parts of the base. Staff commands should not be used for other purposes than staffing. It may also have been used maliciously to see other parts of the base.

Additionally, there is video evidence which looks like Nora was xraying to look at base defences, however it cannot be proved if she was.

I hope you now understand why we made the decision that we have. It was discussed in depth by senior staff for most of yesterday afternoon and the decision was certainly not made lightly. I'm going to re-open this thread to allow Nora to defend herself (should she wish to) and answer any other questions you may have.

12. JordT

For what Holly said, you can pearl in to claimed land if you're in Wilderness

13. TotallyNotSean

Yes but the platform was most likely surrounded by walls- making the pearl pretty much impossible

14. JordT

both are possible situations.

15. Shan

Link to thread please.

16. TotallyNotSean

17. TotallyNotSean

18. Shan