What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

F top payout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth

Diamond
Gold
Smoothed
Smoothed
Diamond
There goes all the faction players Good job welshalex
Yea because evidently factions is definitely not going downhill even with payouts.

haxlegit

Asgard on top
Diamond
haxlegit
haxlegit
Diamond
The season was dead the first week idk why you even complain lol

keesie7

Diamond
keesie7
keesie7
Diamond
We barely made 60m off looting ffs, how are you all still mad after unfairly receiving the same amount as us? Haha.

Your whole faction is stupid in the first place, for not only thinking you had a chance to beat us without supposed “rule breaking” but also the fact you and your allies abused it too. Stop crying

nice try putting the blame on us yet again smoothed.

truth is we did not even have a proper blaze grinder because we did not cheat like you did, in fact we reported it to nocookies that looting and knockback was still enabled so nice hackusations there, like always.

you keep beeing toxic all the time but the truth is you are caught and you see you are caught and you were told you got caught and yet you try to shift the blame to us. your the one that needs to stop crying and try play according the rules for once and maybe stop killing this server whilst doing it.

guess we should be calling you guys clowns now aswell huh?

Last edited:

ExoticPlayz

I like tortle
Diamond
lifehurts
lifehurts
Diamond
I'm sorry but this is like 2nd time you've done this. If you're going to host a factions server you have to understand that it's going to be very toxic and you have to keep to your promise. By doing this less people will trust your server and won't want to come back for further seasons.

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Just bring back kitmap and everything will be fine again ! Take down facs after this season for awhile and do 2 kitmap seasons.

Massew

Massew
Massew
you keep saying "you guys did not play well enough to have beaten asgard", yet the truth is cannons have been broken since 2 weeks before the reset of last season making it 4+ weeks now.

please tell me how we would have been able to defeat asgard when the main function of a raiding server has been broken for that amount of time?

there is literally no way you can say that unknown did not play well enough to be able to beat another faction under those conditions. period.

furthermore autosellchests broke down, /printer broke down, meaning we could not build any more grinders or farms at all so "grind harder" was not an option. and there were a lot more functions broken during the last period of time that could have changed the outcome drastically.

also it should not matter to you who would benefit at all from a disqualification, its about rules not beeing followed and the proper punishments that are not given consistently and believe me there are a lot of players who agree to this. if you set rules down you should follow them as you set them and not do it like this.

maybe you do not like that opinion but go ask your player base as im seeing a lot of players quit right now because of this.
Keesie7 its competitive smp duhh, welsh just accidentally named it factions.

Smooth

Diamond
Gold
Smoothed
Smoothed
Diamond
Brainless goons I’m out

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Iron
I understand the reasons, but it’s the fac it focused the top two factions only that upsets me, and then only pays them when 1st literally just learned if they dropped to 2nd they would be paid the same

00E120C5-0CAD-4370-8CBF-657686435896.jpeg
This is how it should’ve been at least. As I said I understand the reasons why, but follow through with the payments as it feels like you’re only caring about the top factions more than the factions who’ve worked to the top 5.

kamrita123

kamrita123
kamrita123
I have a few ideas that I think might help the skycade faction community:

First of all, you have to make sure that the staff know the rules and don't wait to/incorrectly punish players of another's word. Proof is needed.

Secondly, you meet to use the rest of the f top value that you would be giving to the players, to upgrade server host/pay for a more reliable service. The server is laggy 24/7 even when the player count is below 50 (alot of the time now). The players deserve a smooth factions experience and this will definitely bring in alot more players.

Thirdly, you need to close the factions down for a decent amount of time soon and you need to have all the bugs fixed before it is live. You can't expect to get new players when you can't cannon properly on a factions server.

Fourthly, people are less interested in hacker trolling now adays (alot of the player came from jacks yt Channel back in the day)so you need to have regular fun things for the users to do. More regular Koths, airdrops? Maybe bosses that you can fight as a faction. Team fights are fun. Maybe you could do a couple of teamfights as factions during the seasons and give out payouts on who wins those. Maybe people could win things for having amazing base designs ext. Just be a bit more imaginative with the server.

Finally, you need to sort out how the economy works and not change it around alot each season. Cacti economy would bring alot of players In if advertised correctly. Maybe do some adds on YouTube and put money into bringing other players in from other areas.

I have alot more ideas that I am willing to share with any of the skycade team. Please feel free to msg me on discord of you want - sammeowdox#5120

If you have skipped reading it and you are reading this, go back and have a look.

It is a shame that skycade is losing players and is in this mess but it is still my fave faction server and I want it to do well again.

Please fix it Alex. Also get jack involved. He can. Do alot to get players on the server if he tries. Just look at saicosky chicken relm.

Anyway I have to sleep now night.

kamrita123

kamrita123
kamrita123
I understand the reasons, but it’s the fac it focused the top two factions only that upsets me, and then only pays them when 1st literally just learned if they dropped to 2nd they would be paid the same

View attachment 12503
This is how it should’ve been at least. As I said I understand the reasons why, but follow through with the payments as it feels like you’re only caring about the top factions more than the factions who’ve worked to the top 5.
Maybe make the f top prize equal for all five of the factions. Less hate that way and more fun

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Iron
I have a few ideas that I think might help the skycade faction community:

First of all, you have to make sure that the staff know the rules and don't wait to/incorrectly punish players of another's word. Proof is needed.

Secondly, you meet to use the rest of the f top value that you would be giving to the players, to upgrade server host/pay for a more reliable service. The server is laggy 24/7 even when the player count is below 50 (alot of the time now). The players deserve a smooth factions experience and this will definitely bring in alot more players.

Thirdly, you need to close the factions down for a decent amount of time soon and you need to have all the bugs fixed before it is live. You can't expect to get new players when you can't cannon properly on a factions server.

Fourthly, people are less interested in hacker trolling now adays (alot of the player came from jacks yt Channel back in the day)so you need to have regular fun things for the users to do. More regular Koths, airdrops? Maybe bosses that you can fight as a faction. Team fights are fun. Maybe you could do a couple of teamfights as factions during the seasons and give out payouts on who wins those. Maybe people could win things for having amazing base designs ext. Just be a bit more imaginative with the server.

Finally, you need to sort out how the economy works and not change it around alot each season. Cacti economy would bring alot of players In if advertised correctly. Maybe do some adds on YouTube and put money into bringing other players in from other areas.

I have alot more ideas that I am willing to share with any of the skycade team. Please feel free to msg me on discord of you want - sammeowdox#5120

If you have skipped reading it and you are reading this, go back and have a look.

It is a shame that skycade is losing players and is in this mess but it is still my fave faction server and I want it to do well again.

Please fix it Alex. Also get jack involved. He can. Do alot to get players on the server if he tries. Just look at saicosky chicken relm.

Anyway I have to sleep now night.
Now that’s hot. Also take more suggestions from players, as last map was suggestions based on staff suggestions.

kamrita123

kamrita123
kamrita123
Hey, here's an update about the state of f top payouts! Yesterday we paid out our first scheduled f top payout, after much deliberation we decided to give both f top #1 and f top #2 the same prize - $125.

This was initially the payout for f top #1, and f top #2 would get less. But after lots of discussion amongst high level staff, and much consideration of our options, we decided that Asgard's consistent rule breaking / rule pushing meant that it felt unfair that they'd get more money than a faction that did not push rules so consistently.
Initially the plan was to give Unknown the f top 1 prize, and give Asgard the f top 2 prize. After further deliberation this also felt unfair because it's clear that despite Asgard's rule pushing that Unknown did not work enough to have won f top 1 regardless. Which is why we decided to just send both the factions f top 1 prize money.

In regards to future payouts, we regret to inform you that we will NOT be continuing them. We won't be doing any more f top payouts this season or in future seasons. There's a few reasons we've decided this, but in short:
1. It makes people A LOT more eager to win, meaning like Asgard they push boundaries or like Unknown people get far more upset / angry than they should.
2. It complicates moderating factions massively. The decision on what to pay who took days of discussions amongst staff to decide as well as hours of watching players in game, and it's just not something we're happy to continue having to deal with.
3. Our hope was that it'd draw in players, but with Java multiplayer struggling as a whole we've seen very little ROI.

Thread is open so feel free to discuss, anyone that's just being toxic or unhelpfully rude about other factions, staff or the network will just be banned.

Hope you understand, thanks!
Welsh Alex if I can add one more thing, make a factions council full of the leaders of factions of there server. You can have a dedicated discord and you can talk / be in regular co tact with them regarding yours and there issues ( f top factions only)

Last edited:

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Iron
Welsh Alex if I can add one more thing, make a factions council full of the leaders of factions of there server. You can have a dedicated discord and you can talk / be in regular co tact with them regarding yours and there issues
I can say this that player councils don’t work out as it’s usually a bad system of management as people can just make a faction who don’t even know how to play and just join it

haxlegit

Asgard on top
Diamond
haxlegit
haxlegit
Diamond
Welsh Alex if I can add one more thing, make a factions council full of the leaders of factions of there server. You can have a dedicated discord and you can talk / be in regular co tact with them regarding yours and there issues
That really is a stupid suggestion ngl

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
damn kamrita probably the only person with a brain, well spoken from an smp player

kamrita123

kamrita123
kamrita123
I can say this that player councils don’t work out as it’s usually a bad system of management as people can just make a faction who don’t even know how to play and just join it
I didn't write it correctly or put it across correctly. I mean that the top factions. The ones on the f top page

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Pretty much no useful replies to this thread tbf, just lots of complaining and implying we aren't already trying to improve things. As if we don't want factions to be more fun than it currently is. Factions is the least grateful community on Skycade - It is a drain to work on.
Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.