FACTIONS RESET OHOHOHO

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jack, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Jack

Jack Owner // Youtuber
    Youtuber

Hello!

As I know many of you agree Factions is now in need of another reset and I am very excited to announce that that reset will be taking place on Saturday the 17th of June! We have lots of plans and have already done a number of stuff so here is a fairly detailed list of stuff we're gonna do/have done already:

- New spawn - of course this goes without saying, but me and Joe have more or less built it already and I just wanted to mention somewhere how cool it was.

- Improved /warp enchant - one of the new things you'll find in this fancy spawn is a lovely little enchanting area where you can actually use signs to buy specific enchants rather than being forced to use an enchanting table.

- Sign shop - it was cool to mix things up with the chest shops, but the classic sign shop is just way more efficient.

- World Gen - we're keeping the custom world generation. About 80% of you (myself included) love the terrain and i'm so used to it now that I actually vomit a little bit in my mouth whenever I see vanilla trees.

- Default Nether - the custom Nether terrain looks nice but it's better for Factions when it's vanilla.

- MOB SPAWNER ECONOMY - Yeah!! We're bringing it back, the farming was fun to try for a season but overall I think we all miss the big dirty IG farms. Mob stacking will also return with this.

- Removing McMMO parties - theres a reason for this, i've just forgotten what it was..

- Tweaked kits - fortnightly armor is still gonna max at prot 3, but I have added a few extra enchants just to make them a TINY bit more OP. I have also changed all the kit names as the snake theme was a bit meh.

- Slightly smaller warzone - it won't make much of a difference because none of you scums ever pvp there, but I have made warzone a bit smaller because I like all the destruction it causes (it's small but not Aftermath small dw).

- Arena - the arena is still within spawn, but things are spread out nicely to avoid it being too laggy for those of you with poorer PCs. It is nice, open and flat with a few sly areas dotted about, so should be decent for pvp.

- World borders - all border sizes are staying the same.

- Chunk glitches - there's been some weird invisible chunks this map, which Dwayne believes to be related to the world border. We have made some changes so hope this is fixed!

- Faction limits - we're increasing the amount of players allowed into a faction from 10(?) to 15.

- Crate keys - we'll be adjusting a bunch of stuff in the crates. This includes removing villager eggs, making creeper eggs less common, adding spawners & turning things like the Hot n' Spicy sword into an axe.

- No /f top - please send any complaints you have about this to @WelshAlex tyvm.

- 1.7 tnt - there's lots of issues with tnt and redstone mechanics because we're in 1.11. Unfortunately we have done lots of testing and it isn't as simple as downloading a 1.7 tnt plugin. However Dwayne has already made some improvements and hopes to make more!

- Supply drops - The supply drop plugin that Ricky made for Aftermath (#neverforget) was awesome and it would be a shame to go to waste. We plan to make a bunch of changes to that and introduce random supply drop events that happen a couple of times a week. It will be something that happens automatically rather thansomething you could buy in the store. I think if we get this right it will be awesome. We wanna make sure it's perfect so cannot guarantee this will be done by the 17th!

- Reset events - I have become very scared of reset events because of all the problems we have had previously. Back when the server was smaller it was fine, but Minecraft simply cannot cope with the amount of players who attend now. I want to do something, but I am not 100% sure what...

If you bought 50 or 100 keys any time from the 27th of May on wards you will receive 15 or 30 keys for free automatically after the reset. After reset keys will also be available on the store within the next few days.

Thanks for reading! I hope you're all as excited for the reset as I am, let us know down below your thoughts on the changes we plan to make and any suggestions you have!

Jack

[​IMG]

2. AMIES

AMIES $5 Paypal for a high class profile picture :)
    Senior Moderator

AMIES
  3. rufferina

rufferina Well Known Forums Member

4. flacoo

flacoo Musician//Mod

flacoo
    Hell yea! So pumped!!

5. NightsCloud

NightsCloud Retired Mod

NightsCloud
  6. R0DZlI

R0DZlI Well Known Forums Member

Finally, this season was way too boring.

7. yescookies4me

yescookies4me Cookie Cop
    Senior Moderator

nocookies4me
  8. Sourciety

Sourciety Mod

9. Shan

Shan Well Known Forums Member

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE I've been waiting for this since forever!

10. Jadkinsa1

Jadkinsa1 Active Forums Member

@Jack is it because that one time that I spammed you with party invites and you kicked me because of it...?

11. Sai

Sai Well Known Forums Member

Woohoo! So excited, I hated this season, to much PVE, we like PVP more! GG to all staff this season, especially the players, I've enjoyed this map, but I'm ready for a change. Go Skycade! :D

willzarcastic, iTrappedU and Jack like this.
  12. SolaireSunshine

SolaireSunshine New Member

Make the kits parrot themed :)

willzarcastic, JustDannayy and Jack like this.
  13. fernavoid

fernavoid Active Forums Member

Really excited for spawners to come back, i am gonna have to rebuild everything wich is kind of a downside :/ but i can live with that.

14. Jack

Jack Owner // Youtuber
    Youtuber

What happened in your personal life that took you from a swell fellow to a right grumpy bum

Soyan, willzarcastic, MattLa and 10 others like this.
  15. Raaxby

Raaxby Active Forums Member

HYPE!
    THAT IS ALL!

willzarcastic likes this.
  16. R0DZlI

R0DZlI Well Known Forums Member

2 ridiculous bans I guess

Dapetsta likes this.
  17. DilFinCrazyMan

Hype Hype HYYYPE!

18. ImRenegade

ImRenegade Member

Lovin' it already! Great Job Y'all :) <3, HYPE!

19. elijahfigther

elijahfigther New Member

meh I'm glad relentless and 4 other large facs teaming us has gone to a end

Dapetsta likes this.
  20. Raaxby

Raaxby Active Forums Member

Does this mean no more staff will be accepted this season? If so that sucks for me :p

iCanFlyMC likes this.