What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Factions s11

Sprinteyd

I just want to point out some things that me and other more competetive players would like to see next season. Skycade's community and the playerbase would grow faster if the skycade admins imploment these improvements to the server. B4 I start I would like to say thank u to the skycade admins for the huge improvements that got implomented in the start of s10, +1

1. The Faction top system. The current system is based on achievements and when u complete a achievement u get f top points. I would like to see a change on the system and here is my idea: The faction top system is based on spawners, money, etc. This would mean that if a smaller faction raids a bigger faction, the smaller faction would grow fast on f top and the bigger faction would drop down in the ranking. That makes so every faction has a chance but it is depending on their skill. This would also give factions that starts in the middel of the season a chance to become a big faction. The achievement system could be used for something else like if u do this acheivement u would get a custom enchant or an item and so on. This just makes everything fair for everyone who are dedicated enough.

2. The Faction top prize. When the season ends the top 3 factions get x amount of keys depending on which place the came in. This gives the top 3 best factions a bigger advantage for the next season, giving them a higher chance to win again, which seems pretty unfair and it could sort of create an"evil cirle" when the f top 3 factions are the f top 3 factions next season, the season after that and the season after that etc. I would like to see the f top prize being something else, currently idk what it could be but skycade admins are creative and could probably come up with a solution for that.

3. OP Factions. OP means overpowered and In my opinion OP Factions is the same as Classical factions but economy is x10 and u can get higher enchantment levels. Basically no difference. 1 solution to that is to make economy x10 + things in shop cheaper. So if an IG costs 1.5 mil on Classic, an IG on OP would cost 10mil. 10/10 = 1 so 1 million. 1mil < 1.5 mil. But if u make this change u also got to make the drop from all the spawners sell for more. That sounds more like OP Factions.

4. A Factions test server. I know @WelshAlex likes to compare Skycade with Saico and Cosmic, so why not do like them and add a Factions test server? The Skycade mechanics are not entirely like other factions and therefore could people use the test server to learn the mechanics before they for an example try to raid with a cannon. This would save a lot of time and resources which would be great! Here are some advices if the skycade admins decide they're gonna add it: by voting x amount of times u would receive world edit for 24 hours. The plots got to be atleast 20x20 chunks. It has to have the same mechanics as factions. protection blocks. adding those under ur cannon would remove the destroying effect of tnt which means u won't have to water ur cannons.

5. Genbuckets. They are simply too overpriced. on other factions 1 cobble genbucket costs 10 ingame currency on other server. Many factions are genning them in the old way with lava and water because they don't have the amount of money to make a base. That removes the concept of even having genbuckets. Remove them completely or make the price reasonable.

6. Buffing spawners and adding custom drops. Most of the spawners are pretty useless and whats the point of having them if they are so bad? Witches are useless because the drop so much shit and almost never drops any pots thats needed. Make witches drop emeralds like every other server. Adding custom drops would make it more intresting and the spawners better. Cactus and sugarcane farming is next to useless and especially in the start of the season when the best factions got their spawners from their keys but u can't earn any money because the drop rates are so bad. Improvement is needed!

7. Tntfill. Its pretty bad.... *sigh*

Thats all I can think of now. If u are considering to comment on my post, please know what u are talking about.

//Sprinteyd

WelshAlex

Manager
Half of these suggestions seem really misinformed? Some are alright, some, like #1, #5 and #6 are just obviously not informed.

#1 f top is not achievement based, though they help - it is mainly event and balance based.
#5 Gen Buckets aren't over priced and every big faction used them?
#6 We have custom drops already, wat

#2, #3, #4 and #7 are fair enough, decent suggestions

Sprinteyd

Half of these suggestions seem really misinformed? Some are alright, some, like #1, #5 and #6 are just obviously not informed.

#1 f top is not achievement based, though they help - it is mainly event and balance based.

1. What I ment was to change the current system to the one I suggested.
2. On many servers genbuckets cost like $10 per and if u compare that to skycade.. u know.. pretty overpriced, right?
3. Only 3 kinds of spawners are used, igs, blazes and creepers. the other ones are next to useless. if they drop Good stuff they would be used more and it makes sense that they are in the game.

#1 i would like to see spawners contribute a little to f top but not have a huge impact, maybe a 2 creeper spawners is worht an f point.
#2i agree
#3i only playfactions not OP so meh
#4 id love to see cannon testing areas with the same mechanics as factions
#5 i think gen buckets are actually quite cheap, considering that just 1 dub of iron can be the same as 96 gen buckets which is quite a lot. or 1 dub of cactus is about 50 buckets.
#6 I think witches need a buff like drop more potions and less rubbish
#7 yeah

Thing i want most is definitely the cannon testing

Unstating

1. We've asked for seasons but I'm pretty convinced it will never happen. I'm fine with the current system though, it incorporates the events pretty well.
2. Sure
3. I don't play OP
4. If they were to make a test server, there would be so many complaints from people who don't fully understand raiding. I'm for the idea, as long as the plots are at least 30 chunks. 20 is much too small.
5. Sure?? We were fine this season with their price.
6. Witches are where we get all of our Insta Health pots & Debuffs, they work pretty well. It would be sad if they stopped dropping pots, considering Autobrewer clocks don't function correctly on here. Also, cactus farms made a TON of money at the beginning of this season and got us up to 30something mil as a faction.
7. YES FIX PLS oh my god--- it fills every dispenser in who-knows-the-radius with 1 or 2 tnt, and just completely skips some as well. Doesn't tell you how much you fill or anything. Horrible. It's easier to fill by hand.

If Skycade made it so that when you raid a Fac and rob there spawners that drops there f top value or even takes there f achievement points and give them to your Fac theres a idea :D