What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Factions Season 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.

20I5

SynNBA
SynNBA
will glitching be fixed?

Tombrady6591

Tomb12_emu_
Diamond
tombrady6591
tombrady6591
Diamond
I feel like season 11 just started lol

AsianSimon

AsianSimon
AsianSimon
Would be awesome if you added Obsidian Gen buckets too!

Unstating

ofh
ofh
How will the end portal work without pearls? or will there just be warp end at reset? Also you already know that those knockback sticks are gonna be used at conquests etc and cause trouble

Unstating

ofh
ofh
um the water ceggs = rip to a base that only has cobble main walls, guess ragnarok learnt that the hard way,
(It wont really help seeing cobble main base walls get freecam cegged xdddd

Everyone will quit again due to glitching taking out epearls wont do anything smh
the hard way = mystic freecam cegging your cactus farm and then pearl glitching up through your base 🤠

apartmentalize

I used discord light theme for a month
Staff member
Diamond
Apartmentalize
Apartmentalize
That's right, season 12 is upon us and right in time for Christmas! Season 11 had a fair few issues but overall we think it went well, and oh boy do we have some smashing new content coming at you for season 12!

Season 11 will come to an end on December the 8th, and immediately after season 12 will open. December the 8th at 5pm UK time! And yes, that means a purge... 24 full hours of all out hacking on Factions, starting on the 7th of December at 5pm until Factions closes and reopens for a new season.

We've got so many updates this season, let's start listing them! We'll be keeping some quiet for the moment but there's still loads to tell:

Outback

Outback will be a place in the warzone where players can go and mine ores which will give the players credits. Once an ore is mined it will take up to an hour to return and be mined again.
Credits can be spent on special items that are not obtainable in any other way such as;
- A creeper egg that ignores water, meaning you can blow through watered chests with ease! (These are expensive!)
- A grappling hook, allowing players to launch themselves up bases or after other players.
- An auto-sell chest, so a chest that automatically sells anything you put into it and adds the money to your balance.

Faction Changes

- Factions will only be allowed to claim 1 world border corner
- We've added faction warps, each faction gets to use 3 warps! A warp is a home that anyone in the faction has access to by using /f warp.
- Added faction alts, so a system that allows factions to invite alts without filling up faction slots. All alts will be able to do is AFK in the base without toggling fly, they won’t be able to open chests etc and won’t contribute to faction power
- f fly will be automatically on in yours and your allies land, and /f fly will toggle it off from now on.
- f fly will no longer automatically disable once an enemy enters your land, rather they have to be within a six chunk radius of you.
- Removed the buffer that made it so you weren't able to claim land directly next to another factions land
- Watering or blocking up spawners is no longer allowed

Printer Mode

Players will be able to place themselves in Printer Mode, meaning base building and cannon building is much quicker and a nicer experience!

- Activated using /printer start and deactivated with /printer stop
- Can only be used if the player is not wearing armour
- The player using printer mode bypasses the anticheat
- Can’t hit players/mobs
- The player in printer mode is put into creative so they can automatically place blocks
- Each block they place is charged from their balance depending on shop prices, if they no longer have money they will be unable to place blocks
- The player in printer mode will not be able to run any commands
- Includes almost all blocks
- Player in printer mode will take damage

Misc Stuff

- Gen buckets are unlimited, meaning you only need 1 of each type to place rather than inventories full. Each time you place a gen bucket you will be charged a small fee.
- Disabled cobblestone creation when lava hits water, this means cobble monstering should be resolved!
- Removed Enderpearls from Shop and Kits.
- Players will now disappear within a certain radius of the shop meaning it's not difficult to access.
- Trench pickaxes now mine a 5x5 area as opposed to a 3x3 area.
- The End has a full generated landscape, meaning trenching is required to build a full size base.
- Improved voting crate rewards
- Nerfed cactus as a profit making tool.
- Adjusted witch spawner drop rates, meaning they drop less useless potions.
- Introducing knockback sticks that are strictly for use during raiding.
- Increased the price of sand gen buckets!

This is a ton of changes and we're really excited to announce them, we hope you all like them and are as excited as we are for season 12! Remember, December 8th at 5pm UK time. Be there!
Some really cool features, I am excited for the purge :D, the printer mode I think is really cool and the outback sounds like something that sounds really fun, I cant wait

PhoenixHaven

PhoenixHaven
PhoenixHaven
Time to get my client warmed up and afk at spawn with tp-aura during the Purge >:3

keesie7

Diamond
keesie7
keesie7
Diamond
alex+ the rest, thank you for all the hard work and hours put into the server to combat problems and making the server more enjoyable.
we know you guys are working hard and try to do everything you can to improve the server playabillity.

that said, i do have some questions and concerns and hope i could get some answers as a lot of players would like to make plans before the server actually resets, and to take away some of the unclarities

outback seems like a good idea, adding a new type of currency in wich new items can be acquired is always a good thing!

will the new creeper eggs have a very balanced price? many of us are afraid this could turn into cegg-wars instead of a cannon raiding server. to expensive and their use will be irrelevant, too cheap and it will become a huge problem.

EDIT: mr. welsh has said that they will make sure that they will keep a close eye on the balance of the super creeper eggs to make sure they cannot be overused and also that they can change the effectiveness on certain block types to prevent so a good balance is guaranteed.

the grappling hook is exactly what we need, this looks like a very good alternative for the pearls with all their gliches.

will the grappling hooks be cheap enough to substitute for the former widely available pearls? since they are almost a must for raiding making them exclusive from 1 event and having them be to pricey could be a huge problem and prevent proper raiding.

faction changes are really needed there is a lot of questions about what is and what it not allowed and it would be great to have some extended rule details stating specifically what is and what is not allowed preferably with some images.

the faction alts system,

many players like me want to sometimes play 1manfaction by using 1 main and some alts for power to be able to still play to the game. is this new feature a choice or is this forced in wich you can no longer use your alts for power and not be able to build any base without the need to invite others?

removing the buffer that made it so you were not able to claim land directly next to another factions land is a good thing, however clear rules are needed to make sure that players will not deny other players build space for extending their base. this could be a big problem, are clear rules and punishments beeing added to combat this?

watering and prevention of blocking up spawners is a good idea but there are some issues with just making it not allowed.

first off spawners will still be watered when anything above it will get shot and water the spawners. everyone will make the roof above their spawners from the weakest material and put water/lava on top. accidental watering will happen. how is this going to be handled? is it not a better idea, for example to give all spawners the same properties of sponge? also, since there will be ceggs that work in water and lava should this not be less of a problem already?

prevention of encasing spawners in obsidian is a good idea altho for this there needs to be clear rules specified since i can already see players completely sectioning their base off into the minimum space allowed around spawners making it almost no difference in current raids. are clear rules stating the allowed distance of obsidian or other building blocks beeing added to prevent a confusing situation?

printer mode, just 1 simple question.

is using the printer mod and not using the in game printer function still allowed? we have no idea yet what the maximum or minimum setting are and thus we would love to see some more info about the new printer function for clarification.

EDIT* question has been answered with a yes printer function is just an added feature, printer mod is still allowed.

disabled cobblestone creation....

by removing cobblestone creation cobblemonstering will be no problem anymore, wich is very good and i nor any of the players i asked or know never had any idea this was such a huge problem for the server. was it this big of a problem that for solving cobblemonstering the following game features are completely disabled?

- regen walls, single regen / minechats (the specifically allowed ones as stated by mr. welsh)
- genning cobblestone walls without the need of expensive cobblegen buckets.
- regen chests
- making water fall onto the lava from the roof of a base to make a platform below iron golem grinders when raiding.
- losing the property of alternating water/lava walls to punish improper cannoning. (shooting sand the wrong way gens random cobblestone)
- losing the ability to make any proper reverse layer that uses any water or lava combinations.

notice: (if this is not completely disabled and somehow it might be some other feature just for removing cobblemonsters and it has no effect on any other feature, then this is not a valid question)

i am most certain there are even more genning functions i have not pointed out but i think i have made my point on this.

nerfed cactus as a profit making tool. this change is needed, heavily since we do not want cactus wars.(except noskillrequired he cactus addict)

we would love to know what the new cactus drop rates are going to be. is cactus going to be nerfed into the ground to make spawners the best way to make money again or is it going to be slightly changed? could you disclose the new drop rates for us? since we would love to know if it is usefull to plan new cactus base designs for next season.

knockback sticks,

these will be abused. there is no way around that. and players will get away with it when no staff is watching.
can knockback not be disabled in certain areas instead? like airdrop, conquest, etc.
or is it not possible to add an anti knockback enchant that prevents beeing knocked back?

EDIT: mr. welsh has stated that they will keep a close eye on the use of knockback sticks and that anyone caught using them inappropriately will be punished with an hefty ban. this should make sure they will not be abused.

i love the rest of the changes and honestly think these are for the best but these are the concerns i can clearly see from everyone including me. we would really love to have some additional info and my apologies for this big post and for the time it will require to read this.

that said, thank you staff for working on the server and these updates.

Last edited:

Jabraham12

Diamond
ImJab
ImJab
Diamond
They should add obby gen buckets. THey can be way expensive but it would be great for bases being built so that they can defend the new ceggs. @WelshAlex is this an option or not? I think it would be a great addition to skycade factions since many faction servers also have obby gen buckets and I’m sure skycade players would much appreciate them so bases don’t take so long to build, especially in the beginning

JimTDS

JimTDS
JimTDS
So much hype :0

Jabraham12

Diamond
ImJab
ImJab
Diamond
alex+ the rest, thank you for all the hard work and hours put into the server to combat problems and making the server more enjoyable.
we know you guys are working hard and try to do everything you can to improve the server playabillity.

that said, i do have some questions and concerns and hope i could get some answers as a lot of players would like to make plans before the server actually resets, and to take away some of the unclarities

outback seems like a good idea, adding a new type of currency in wich new items can be acquired is always a good thing!

will the new creeper eggs have a very balanced price? many of us are afraid this could turn into cegg-wars instead of a cannon raiding server. to expensive and their use will be irrelevant, too cheap and it will become a huge problem.

the grappling hook is exactly what we need, this looks like a very good alternative for the pearls with all their gliches.

will the grappling hooks be cheap enough to substitute for the former widely available pearls? since they are almost a must for raiding making them exclusive from 1 event and having them be to pricey could be a huge problem and prevent proper raiding.

faction changes are really needed there is a lot of questions about what is and what it not allowed and it would be great to have some extended rule details stating specifically what is and what is not allowed preferably with some images.

the faction alts system,

many players like me want to sometimes play 1manfaction by using 1 main and some alts for power to be able to still play to the game. is this new feature a choice or is this forced in wich you can no longer use your alts for power and not be able to build any base without the need to invite others?

removing the buffer that made it so you were not able to claim land directly next to another factions land is a good thing, however clear rules are needed to make sure that players will not deny other players build space for extending their base. this could be a big problem, are clear rules and punishments beeing added to combat this?

watering and prevention of blocking up spawners is a good idea but there are some issues with just making it not allowed.

first off spawners will still be watered when anything above it will get shot and water the spawners. everyone will make the roof above their spawners from the weakest material and put water/lava on top. accidental watering will happen. how is this going to be handled? is it not a better idea, for example to give all spawners the same properties of sponge? also, since there will be ceggs that work in water and lava should this not be less of a problem already?

prevention of encasing spawners in obsidian is a good idea altho for this there needs to be clear rules specified since i can already see players completely sectioning their base off into the minimum space allowed around spawners making it almost no difference in current raids. are clear rules stating the allowed distance of obsidian or other building blocks beeing added to prevent a confusing situation?

printer mode, just 1 simple question.

is using the printer mod and not using the in game printer function still allowed? we have no idea yet what the maximum or minimum setting are and thus we would love to see some more info about the new printer function for clarification.

disabled cobblestone creation....

by removing cobblestone creation cobblemonstering will be no problem anymore, wich is very good and i nor any of the players i asked or know never had any idea this was such a huge problem for the server. was it this big of a problem that for solving cobblemonstering the following game features are completely disabled?

- regen walls, single regen / minechats (the specifically allowed ones as stated by mr. welsh)
- genning cobblestone walls without the need of expensive cobblegen buckets.
- regen chests
- making water fall onto the lava from the roof of a base to make a platform below iron golem grinders when raiding.
- losing the property of alternating water/lava walls to punish improper cannoning. (shooting sand the wrong way gens random cobblestone)
- losing the ability to make any proper reverse layer that uses any water or lava combinations.

notice: (if this is not completely disabled and somehow it might be some other feature just for removing cobblemonsters and it has no effect on any other feature, then this is not a valid question)

i am most certain there are even more genning functions i have not pointed out but i think i have made my point on this.

nerfed cactus as a profit making tool. this change is needed, heavily since we do not want cactus wars.(except noskillrequired he cactus addict)

we would love to know what the new cactus drop rates are going to be. is cactus going to be nerfed into the ground to make spawners the best way to make money again or is it going to be slightly changed? could you disclose the new drop rates for us? since we would love to know if it is usefull to plan new cactus base designs for next season.

knockback sticks,

these will be abused. there is no way around that. and players will get away with it when no staff is watching.

can knockback not be disabled in certain areas instead? like airdrop, conquest, etc.

or is it not possible to add an anti knockback enchant that prevents beeing knocked back?

i love the rest of the changes and honestly think these are for the best but these are the concerns i can clearly see from everyone including me. we would really love to have some additional info and my apologies for this big post and for the time it will require to read this.

that said, thank you staff for working on the server and these updates.
Wow, very well thought out and thinking of stuff that could go wrong and right. The cobble thing seems a bit dumb cuz the only cobble monsters I’ve ever seen were on kitmap I’ve never seen them in factions. The KB sticks would have to be disabled when you are at conquest or airdrop or warzone in general would be better since that covers all of the arena conquest and airdrop. Cacti nerf was needed I agree with that cuz my friend doge200 has made a bunch of cacti farms and has got around 15k faction points from farming the money into igs. Factions alt system could be fixed by just adding your alt as an account for power if you need it but bigger facs like mine need alts to afk and alt factions are just annoying so I’m half that added this and I think that you did a great job writing this I just wanted to agree, answer a few questions, and disagree. Gets a thumbs up from me

Jabraham12

Diamond
ImJab
ImJab
Diamond
One question for anyone who might have experience with grappling hooks. Are they able to be used downward like if I’m at the top of my base and need to get to the bottom can I point it down, shoot, and take no damage? Or will I be ok

EnergeticPerson

auj
Diamond
Auj
Auj
Diamond
Finally, Season 12!

Kinda nervous about these new rules/changes:
- A creeper egg that ignores water, meaning you can blow through watered chests with ease! (These are expensive!)
- Watering or blocking up spawners is no longer allowed
- Nerfed cactus as a profit making tool.
- Removed Enderpearls from Shop and Kits. :cautious:

You should make an option that you disable yourself being charged. Therefore, the person could go and get their own materials without buying.
Regrading this: Each block they place is charged from their balance depending on shop prices, if they no longer have money they will be unable to place blocks.

Overall, can't wait for it :eek:

Reed4

A Rando
Diamond
Reed4
Reed4
Diamond
Ooh I'm excited to see what crazy basses people make with printer mods and raiding is gonna be so much more fun with easier cannon building!!!

Materializing

Helper.exe
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Helper
Can’t wait!

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Hyped!

iiRyRy

ItsRy_
ItsRy_
One question for anyone who might have experience with grappling hooks. Are they able to be used downward like if I’m at the top of my base and need to get to the bottom can I point it down, shoot, and take no damage? Or will I be ok
ender pearls are a thing just letting you know

iiRyRy

ItsRy_
ItsRy_
Big agree with the cacti Nerf, players would afk for hours on end every season farming the money into ig's (cough cough @Doge200 ). With that said though, there are a lot of features some of us are skeptical about. Knock back sticks are going to be a pain in the bum, especially abused at koth and conquest...I honestly think more core factions gameplay mechanics need to be worked on before adding new custom stuff, I do love custom additions(makes factions more diverse) but many features that would affect gameplay most such as the obby genbucket suggestion or horizontal genbucket for making filters would be much more supported by the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.