What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Factions Season 12!

ShepardSheep

The Sheep Goddess (yummies wife)
Diamond
ShepardSheep
ShepardSheep
Diamond
That's right, season 12 is upon us and right in time for Christmas! Season 11 had a fair few issues but overall we think it went well, and oh boy do we have some smashing new content coming at you for season 12!

Season 11 will come to an end on December the 8th, and immediately after season 12 will open. December the 8th at 5pm UK time! And yes, that means a purge... 24 full hours of all out hacking on Factions, starting on the 7th of December at 5pm until Factions closes and reopens for a new season.

We've got so many updates this season, let's start listing them! We'll be keeping some quiet for the moment but there's still loads to tell:

Outback

Outback will be a place in the warzone where players can go and mine ores which will give the players credits. Once an ore is mined it will take up to an hour to return and be mined again.
Credits can be spent on special items that are not obtainable in any other way such as;
- A creeper egg that ignores water, meaning you can blow through watered chests with ease! (These are expensive!)
- A grappling hook, allowing players to launch themselves up bases or after other players.
- An auto-sell chest, so a chest that automatically sells anything you put into it and adds the money to your balance.

Faction Changes

- Factions will only be allowed to claim 1 world border corner
- We've added faction warps, each faction gets to use 3 warps! A warp is a home that anyone in the faction has access to by using /f warp.
- Added faction alts, so a system that allows factions to invite alts without filling up faction slots. All alts will be able to do is AFK in the base without toggling fly, they won’t be able to open chests etc and won’t contribute to faction power
- f fly will be automatically on in yours and your allies land, and /f fly will toggle it off from now on.
- f fly will no longer automatically disable once an enemy enters your land, rather they have to be within a six chunk radius of you.
- Removed the buffer that made it so you weren't able to claim land directly next to another factions land
- Watering or blocking up spawners is no longer allowed

Printer Mode

Players will be able to place themselves in Printer Mode, meaning base building and cannon building is much quicker and a nicer experience!

- Activated using /printer start and deactivated with /printer stop
- Can only be used if the player is not wearing armour
- The player using printer mode bypasses the anticheat
- Can’t hit players/mobs
- The player in printer mode is put into creative so they can automatically place blocks
- Each block they place is charged from their balance depending on shop prices, if they no longer have money they will be unable to place blocks
- The player in printer mode will not be able to run any commands
- Includes almost all blocks
- Player in printer mode will take damage

Misc Stuff

- Gen buckets are unlimited, meaning you only need 1 of each type to place rather than inventories full. Each time you place a gen bucket you will be charged a small fee.
- Disabled cobblestone creation when lava hits water, this means cobble monstering should be resolved!
- Removed Enderpearls from Shop and Kits.
- Players will now disappear within a certain radius of the shop meaning it's not difficult to access.
- Trench pickaxes now mine a 5x5 area as opposed to a 3x3 area.
- The End has a full generated landscape, meaning trenching is required to build a full size base.
- Improved voting crate rewards
- Nerfed cactus as a profit making tool.
- Adjusted witch spawner drop rates, meaning they drop less useless potions.
- Introducing knockback sticks that are strictly for use during raiding.
- Increased the price of sand gen buckets!

This is a ton of changes and we're really excited to announce them, we hope you all like them and are as excited as we are for season 12! Remember, December 8th at 5pm UK time. Be there!
If our faction wins, we still do get S12 suffix correct????

Oinkie oof

trash at making pfps oof
Diamond
Iron
Merry_OOFmas
Merry_OOFmas
Diamond
If our faction wins, we still do get S12 suffix correct????
hopefully we do, if not ill be a sad smp child forever. and i wanna try facs and get a suffix

AsianSimon

AsianSimon
AsianSimon
They stopped doing the suffixes, the last season they did it was S10.

StarStoneNath

Diamond
StarStoneNath
StarStoneNath
Diamond
Hi Just wanted to check what time the purge was on Friday so I can get on!

Thanks, StarStoneNath

TheFoodie

Swalbert was here
Food1e
Food1e
Hi Just wanted to check what time the purge was on Friday so I can get on!

Thanks, StarStoneNath
It literally says it on this announcement...................
Screenshot about that attached.

Attachments

keesie7

keesie7
keesie7
1, Not sure about this one
2, - I believe you can still use alts as power, the reason f alts was added I think is so that big factions can put alts into the faction without getting the itself filled up.
- There is a rule for this already, if someone claims next to your land and it prevents you from claiming/building. Just get a Srmod+ to unclaim it. Solved.
- Technically that doesn't count as watering spawners if you cannon into a base and water falls on top of it lol. This is a dumb question. That is the reason why they added a creeper egg that ignores water. So, you can cegg spawners if it is watered because of the roof is split.
1. your sure about this one, okay but there are multiple questions... but alright.

2. "your believe" we can still use alts as power and that they are merely a solution to free up space in a faction, i can pretty much say there are a lot of players who "believe" this is the case but this has not been confirmed yet and that is why it is beeing asked. you saying that is exactly the same as me asking confirmation, it confirms nothing.

3. the question about the claims is that now you can claim without a buffer to any players claims, that it will be done a lot more, there is a rule yes we all know that but is this going to be more priority now that it will occur much more often..... that is the concern and saying just there is already a rule "solved" is not exactly helping.

4. "technically it does not count as watering spawners" yeah well thats why it is beeing asked isn't it? how about i made a nice roof out of signs with lava on top because i think it looks amazing and ohh they cannoned it so i guess everything is now encased in lava, oh well i didnt lava them so its not a problem?

who told you they added the super ceggs just because you would need to cegg spawners that are incased in water after busting a roof? there is completely no need to enforce a rule to water spawners because those super ceggs are beeing added so what are you on about?

your speculation does not add anything if its not backed up by facts, statements of legit information or any trusted sources like managers. "believe " and "technically" is not clearing up anything. so thanks for answering dumb questions with a dumb answer.

A3_

A3_
A3_
i see ppl saying this is great and all. about lets think about this; you dont have regens, cant water spawners, you have a cegg which can just blow up cobble and sand in water. raiding bases will be just cegging every wall and hybriding once at the base wall. or are we gonna build obby walls???? XDD

TheFoodie

Swalbert was here
Food1e
Food1e
i see ppl saying this is great and all. about lets think about this; you dont have regens, cant water spawners, you have a cegg which can just blow up cobble and sand in water. raiding bases will be just cegging every wall and hybriding once at the base wall. or are we gonna build obby walls???? XDD
You can have Regens. Watering spawners makes them almost impossible to raid. Dunno about the other stuff.

cheezeboy95

cheezeboy95
cheezeboy95
Dayum, dis gunna be grate.

A3_

A3_
A3_
You can have Regens. Watering spawners makes them almost impossible to raid. Dunno about the other stuff.
- Disabled cobblestone creation when lava hits water, this means cobble monstering should be resolved!
are you saying you can build regens

A3_

A3_
A3_
is obsidian price gonna be reduced? @WelshAlex

TheFoodie

Swalbert was here
Food1e
Food1e
are you saying you can build regens
Alex has said that Regens will still work.

keesie7

keesie7
keesie7
where has he said that regens still work it clearly says disabled cobblegen?

WelshAlex

Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Regens will work fine.

DjBobHut

DjBobHut
DjBobHut
So the 1 minute delay per spawner is still going to be effective and second question is, Is the world going to be like season 11 or the world gen like SMP.

dove

c9c
c9c
I guess I will have to come back and play for a bit this year. Maybe bring some of my friends too.

keesie7

keesie7
keesie7
wait wut lmao regens still work? so cobblegen is not disabled at all?

wish i had that info a bit more early so we could actually make some base designs.....

TheFoodie

Swalbert was here
Food1e
Food1e
wait wut lmao regens still work? so cobblegen is not disabled at all?

wish i had that info a bit more early so we could actually make some base designs.....
Regens are enabled but they've disabled the cobble thing I guess. Idk how they managed it.