⭐ Factions Updates for Season 9! ⭐

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WhySoFancy, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Are these good ideas?

1. Yes!

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. No!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. WhySoFancy

WhySoFancy Well Known Forums Member

safadf
    hi lol

idk how to start this but here are some suggestions I have for season 9

edit: the first 6 suggestions are all tied together, to balance each other out

1. Disable Regens/Scatterable Lava
    @xMqtt said in another thread that staff want to encourage raiding as much as possible, so what better way to do so than to disable regens? (Meaning you can cegg lava- so regen walls wont work)

2. More Claims
    Going off of my first suggestion, if regens were to be disabled, the claim limit should be higher, too. No more than 400 claims though

3. 20 power/person
    To be able to get more claims without having to raise the fac member limit heavily, it would make more sence to just to up the amount of power per person

4. TNT Limit
    1400 seems like a good number imo- it gives leway to most cannons so that you wont have to make a cannon fit under 800 tnt a shot (EXCEPT WALL REMOVERS- #LagIsBad)

also to counter anything ppl might say about 1400 tnt possibly causing lag, 9 times out of 10 you aren't going to have more than 1 cannon at a time running (most of the time you wont have anything with more than 500 tnt at a time) - excludes 1 stackers/420s lol

5. Make Autos BANANAble the puns are real xd
    Again to help with lag (if you raise the tnt limit), make autos bannable.

to determine what an auto cannon is so this doesnt end up like finnster server: an auto is any cannon with a clock that fires every few seconds

6. /f fly edits
    This is mostly to encourage more raiding-
    make the f fly work even if other players are in you faction land- the fly should only disable if an enemy comes within 32 blocks of you

The pros to doing this would be to make people check their walls + it means you have a better chance at raiding a faction while people are online- whereas right now if you go in someone's land, they'll /near right away and stop you from raiding them

7. Make soul sand/enchant tables on walls bannable
    I mean i assume a lot of ppl would want this SOOoooOo he

8. Allow claiming while flying
    Its really annoying having to walk to claim stuff- ik it was probs done to get rid of ppl bug abusing, but I just wanna fly :(

9. Faction warning points
    Sorta like how I have a warning point on the forums :(

basically if a faction abuses any kind of bugs, like with allies, or uses soul sand as a defence, then they are asked to remove the defence and are given a warning point

if another issue occurs with that same faction (can be different kinds of offences) then any kind of defence is world edited out if needed and are given a warning point

for a third offence, the faction would be disbanded/and their base would be removed (can be any fac-related offence)

10. Cheaper TNT @ Shop
    20k a stack (or 5k per 16) is way too expencive imo, especially if youre trying to fill a cannon with 750 tnt with 30 shots...

Ill be adding more suggestions later on- so make sure to suggest things in the replies :)

Please like and vote in the poll if you agree to show staff how many people like these ideas :p

#1 WhySoFancy, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    BlurBrie, Pojoto and TwistedBlack like this.
  2. xMqtt

xMqtt Moderator

1-3: I personally found raiding fairly balanced this season. The current claim count is relatively small, but allowing regens makes up for it. It could be interesting to not have regens one time, but yes as you say claims would have to be increased to balance it out.
    4: Not saying I'm a cannoner but we haven't had problems with TNT limits this map. If there's a type of cannon you find that won't work then let me know but 255s seem to work fine.
    5: The fine line between what counts as an auto and what doesn't is too blurry to try to implement a rule in my opinion. It would cause arguments with players getting banned and isn't really a huge issue as far as I'm concerned. We haven't used autos yet because most of the time I find you have to turn off the clock to change guider etc. so you just end up wasting TNT.
    6: Yeh I like this one I'll pass it on.

Creature_Seeker and WhySoFancy like this.
  3. RoseMaryMemories

RoseMaryMemories Well Known Forums Member

+1 for the 6th suggestion, it is so annoying to have fly disabled when someone is in your claim o.0

WhySoFancy likes this.
  4. WhySoFancy

safadf
    255s cant nuke to bedrock in under 800 tnt :(

and yeah i agree with the autos thing- maybe just make 1 stacker 2 sec rev autos bannable?

and the reason for disabling regens is also to give smaller factions that may not have a cannoner a chance to get rich by raiding- but the larger buffers would help make up for the loss of regens

RoseMaryMemories likes this.
  5. TwistedBlack

TwistedBlack Well Known Forums Member

TwistedBlack
    Oh oh also make it so you dont get banned for claiming an area that staff didnt protect properly ;)

Creature_Seeker and WhySoFancy like this.
  6. BlueMonkey

BlueMonkey Appreciated Forums Member

Monkeyo
    I like idea 6

WhySoFancy and RoseMaryMemories like this.
  7. BAJAROCK

BAJAROCK Well Known Forums Member

GGskycade
    You never used a one shit regen buster with a minechat offset regen buster using the tunnel method. You never used a cannon that bypass minechat filters. I personally believe tnt limit should be atleast 1k! Because that is reasonable to build those types of cannons. I do like the idea of removing the buffer claim distance from each faction. And that there ahouldnt be a land claim limit-_- you xan set rules to not allow factions to go over so many chunks of walls in a direction of a base. Faction warning points to disbanned factions that make three of the same illegal mistakes. (Result in disbanned)

BlueFyrez and WhySoFancy like this.
  8. Eliminator Elite

Eliminator Elite Well Known Forums Member

Cayden_YT
    pls

9. xM1ck

xM1ck Well Known Forums Member

xM1ck
    Please for the love of god, make tnt in /warp shop somewhat cheaper! 5k for 16 is a complete ripoff and i dont want to make a creeper grinder.

10. Noto1472

Noto1472 Well Known Forums Member
    Senior Moderator

I do like imposing building restrictions. Not sure how possible a higher tnt limit would be because of the lag that it might cause.

WhySoFancy likes this.
  11. WhySoFancy

safadf
    so much for ppl reading.... :(
    [QUOTE="WhySoFancy, post: 202053, member: 12852"
    also to counter anything ppl might say about 1400 tnt possibly causing lag, 9 times out of 10 you aren't going to have more than 1 cannon at a time running (most of the time you wont have anything with more than 500 tnt at a time) - excludes 1 stackers/420s lol[/QUOTE]

12. WhySoFancy

safadf
    oh yeah true... tnt is pretty expensive @ the shop

13. Eliminator Elite

Cayden_YT
    No need Skycade already ''encourages'' raiding

BAJAROCK and WhySoFancy like this.
  14. WhySoFancy

safadf
    very good encouragement imo!!!

Eliminator Elite likes this.
  15. WhySoFancy

safadf
  16. BAJAROCK

GGskycade
    Is that why there is only 5 bases worth raiding at the start of the season. Because people who to scared to get raided

17. BAJAROCK

GGskycade
    255 can nuke to bedrock with under 800 tnt. It just you wont shoot further then 14 chunks! Because i have a cannon that can do that using parallel method.(fusion)

18. Eliminator Elite

Cayden_YT
    Glorious got raided because a ex glorious member had a home set and they called everyone out for glitching while they themselves hack accounts. LOL

WhySoFancy and DabOnDatCheese like this.
  19. PrinceSalmon

PrinceSalmon Appreciated Forums Member

pssst click this link for a free cape cayden

WhySoFancy likes this.
  20. Eliminator Elite

Cayden_YT
    im not a dumb salmon