What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

February Creative Build Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Staff member
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
January's Mythical Creature Comp
Reviewing the entries for last month was like walking through a storybook! Everyone who participated will find a Thank you! left on their plot.
The winner is...
@adam_is_ugly IGN: _sure They included a story with their entry too and here it is
This world is comprised of shading and light blue powers that radiate from the waters. A serpent lies beneath the water, sitting tight for its next victim. Unusually, life still wanders here and the snake, waiting for 1000's of years, has held up sufficiently long! Warriors of the giant race that roam these land, armed, and ready are blown into the sky by a ghastly wind as a serpent rises from the ground. Crows zoom to safety, weapons rein from the sky, destroying any hope for the life down below. and then it happens...the stun wave, the power hits and obliterates the scene, and what's left is a snake, sitting tight for its next victim. What's left are corpses of the dead, weapons destroyed and weathered, and nature taking over and life once again evolving.
Other notable builds
@AwesomenessPlays
@Ochlophobia
@CuppaTee , @n0lOnGtErMdAmAgE
@Ghuster

Visit https://skycade.net/threads/january-creative-build-competition.14317/ to see all of the builds entered and the stories with them.

February's Build Comp - "Love Days"
This month is known for Valentine's Day, but there is actually a whole week dedicated to showing love and affection to those who stole your heart away.
February 7th: Rose Day
February 8th: Propose Day
February 9th: Chocolate Day
February 10th: Teddy-bear Day
February 11th: Promise Day
February 12th: Hug Day
February 13th: Kiss Day
February 14th: Valentine's Day

How to enter? Reply to this thread with:
- Your Username (and your building partner, only 1 partner is allowed to help you if any)
- A screenshot or image link from websites like gyazo or imgur of your plot (Each entry is visited ingame by myself with vanilla mc, so don't rely on fancy shaders in your pics)
- Which day you chose
- [Optional] Why you chose it

Guidelines
Only 1 partner is allowed, include their username in your entry.
Build on 1 plot, can be merged but separate plots can't be entered together.
If you work on your alt's plot, include the alt's username for me to be able to tp to the plot.
Any stolen builds or schematics will mean a warning point will be added on to your forums account, so don't do it.
You can still edit your build if you decide a certain dandelion just isn't quite in the right spot, but please no major changes, if so, edit your entry.
If you have questions leave it down below x

Prize?
Super rare suffix only attainable by winning this monthly competition!
thedes.PNG

**Deadline will be Wednesday, February 27th**

Last edited:

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Valentines theme, nice.

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
You learn something new everyday. Very interesting and cool theme, nice work cookies!

Congrats to the winner <3

ANewHope

Sara, Don't change this, I will tell Alex.
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
I like the concept of the theme but as I think about what to build I hit a dead end. There's not much to actually build for Valentines Day. The past couple of themes gave people many ways to showoff their building skills but this doesn't.

Also congrats to the winner and everyone who entered !

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Staff member
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
I like the concept of the theme but as I think about what to build I hit a dead end. There's not much to actually build for Valentines Day. The past couple of themes gave people many ways to showoff their building skills but this doesn't.

Also congrats to the winner and everyone who entered !
You can literally build what the day is for, like a teddy bear, bouquet of roses, heart-shaped chocolate box, etc. go for it man. believe in you, maybe even try making cupid

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Whats the thank you thing? Just curious
Im bad at building

ANewHope

Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
You can literally build what the day is for, like a teddy bear, bouquet of roses, heart-shaped chocolate box, etc. go for it man. believe in you, maybe even try making cupid
The thing with a lot of the things you suggested just don't spark imagination and the creativity as some other things do.
Like a castle, you could build one on a floating island or on a hill.
A dragon, you can make it fly, or be in a cave.
Nature, trees, animals, water, plants, just so much.
Valentines Day theres just not much creativity and thought that goes into the builds. I think that with this theme there really isn't much that the player can add onto and make it unique. There will definitely be many similar builds.

OceanMarble

MiuIruma__
MiuIruma__
I’m so sad I forgot to enter last months I built it but forgot to enter

CaptainAllard

CaptainAllard
CaptainAllard
Was almost done with my plot and then learned about this :) Gues I'm changing thing now.

ANewHope

Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
ANewHope's Entry
I did a mix of Rose Day, Propose Day and Teddy-bear Day in one build. I thought making a Teddy Bear would be fun seeing that I have never made one before and I've never made a vase of flowers !
The build consists of a massive tree and a table below with a Teddy Bear, Rose in a Vase, and a simple Candle. I added as much nature like details as I could for now. I will probably make more changes as the month goes on.
Good Luck to everyone else entering !

Last edited:

Ochlophobia

Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia
Congrats to the winner!!
This new theme is exciting xD

OceanMarble

MiuIruma__
MiuIruma__
/p merge isn’t working for me so can’t merge plots sadly 😭

CaptainAllard

CaptainAllard
CaptainAllard
-Username: CaptainAllard
-I chose Rose Day for my build
My build was already half done when I heard about this contest :) so I sought to alter my build to suit one of the days.
I came up with this:
February build contest.png
A rose. It symbolizes how something beautiful can grow in the most unexpected places (in this case an icy place).
I wanted to add another picture of the heart undergound but the forums wouldn't let me so you will have to see that with your own eyes :).

Sorry for any spelling errors.
,Allard

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
-Username: CaptainAllard
-I chose Rose Day for my build
My build was already half done when I heard about this contest :) so I sought to alter my build to suit one of the days.
I came up with this:
View attachment 8515
A rose. It symbolizes how something beautiful can grow in the most unexpected places (in this case an icy place).
I wanted to add another picture of the heart undergound but the forums wouldn't let me so you will have to see that with your own eyes :).

Sorry for any spelling errors.
,Allard

Lit build

Oinkie oof

quit but still visits forums
Diamond
Iron
SadSharinganLvl3
SadSharinganLvl3
Diamond
*sees one build* *gives up*

im not a very talented builder child

CantGoBack

Diamond
CantGoBack
CantGoBack
Diamond
- My IGN: CantGoBack
- Screenshot: - Day I chose: Chocolate Day
- Why: Even single people (such as myself) enjoy chocolate. So I made a twix and M&M cake based on a picture I found on pinterest.

Ochlophobia

Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia's Entry:
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the theme was marriage. I know many people don't believe in it getting married but, proposals are really cute to me. I started building a few days into february. This month has been very hectic for me and I was contemplating whether I should submit my build or not since it didn't turn out how I envisioned it. I've decided to just go for it, so here it is :/

Jimbobads

The First Builder
Diamond
Jimbobads
Jimbobads
Diamond
All your builds look great so far! Keep up the good work guys look forward to seeing more entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.