D
E
.net
???

Forums Suggestion

Bozo

PeppaWithYourMom
PeppaWithYourMom
Honestly, please get rid of the like/dislike bar below your name on the forums. It can make people feel extremely self-conscious and make them think everyone else hates them. It doesn't do any good on the forums other than make you feel insecure about yourself.

"I have a bad like/dislike ratio, people must not like me or my ideas."
"Several people biased against me are constantly disliking my posts, and it makes me look like a bad player."
"I feel like I'm being judged by my like/dislike ratio."

These are just some of the things players can be telling themselves when looking at their bar. The bar honestly does no good for the forums and instead just works against players, making them feel generally disliked, hated, or judged.

Please remove the bar, the forums would be better off without it.

Mel

Retired convenience
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
Tbf, I think that's a good point
It doesn't really have a proper purpose other than to just be there
So I agree xd

DeltaBlade

PvP God
Diamond
DeltaBlade
DeltaBlade
Diamond
yes i agree, literally all of my dislikes are from the same one person disliking all my posts lol

ANewHope

Hello There
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Yeah I keep getting dislike spammed. annoying af

Xechro

skycade influencer
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
I agree, it really doesn't do anything.

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Honestly, please get rid of the like/dislike bar below your name on the forums. It can make people feel extremely self-conscious and make them think everyone else hates them. It doesn't do any good on the forums other than make you feel insecure about yourself.

"Several people biased against me are constantly disliking my posts, and it makes me look like a bad player."

These are just some of the things players can be telling themselves when looking at their bar. The bar honestly does no good for the forums and instead just works against players, making them feel generally disliked, hated, or judged.

i deffo agree, i don't like all the dislikes (thanks dislike farmers) that i get it really makes me start thinking about leaving the community +1

Dev_J

JCarter_
JCarter_
I also agree with this, I used to run a xenForo forum a few years back, I had the same addon and chose to get rid of the bar as it just left a bad mark on people for no reason. If I recall its just a toggle-able option so turning it off wouldn't be hard and it could still be on the persons profile if they want to keep it on the forum.​

thom

legend
Diamond
cherryvimto
cherryvimto
Diamond

idm it but then again. i already know everyone hates me lol im like the most hated skycade player, if u know me u hate me (excluding like 2 ppl)

Yes

Planet - swooshhh
Diamond
Imnotgodinminecr
Imnotgodinminecr
Diamond
I definitely do not agree, I think some people are missing self awarness.

With that line below your name, you could see how much of the community on forums thinks about your posts.

And with that feedback, you're able to self evaluate and improve your posts.

So it's a no from me on this suggestion.

Artistblock

Artistblock
Artistblock
just make it to where we can toggle it. some people can take it and others cant

NightGhost02

NightGhost02
NightGhost02
I personlly don't like the bar under my name,
But I also think it's a really nice way to see if you have done some good comments, that the other agreed to or enjoyed.

But like @Artistblock said, you should be able to toggle it off. If you don't want it to be showed under your name.

Gav

Never caught slacking
Iron
gavv
gavv
Iron
Toggling it off would be kinda nice, cause I personally like it but others don't sooo

Mel

Retired convenience
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
I like the idea of toggling is actually a good idea
I know that some people would prefer to be able to have it,
Whereas some would not,
So I think having the option of choosing is nice

Gav

Never caught slacking
Iron
gavv
gavv
Iron
I like the idea of toggling is actually a good idea
I know that some people would prefer to be able to have it,
Whereas some would not,
So I think having the option of choosing is nice
Give artist credit for the idea♡

Mel

Retired convenience
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
Give artist credit for the idea♡
Yeah, I realised I hadn't scrolled up properly to see the actual person who had come up with the idea after quoting yours and posting the response lmao
(oops)

Duckowap

Gamer
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Diamond
I feel like this is a good idea but make it so only the person can view as it can give them ideas for self-improvement

Bozo

PeppaWithYourMom
PeppaWithYourMom
I definitely do not agree, I think some people are missing self awarness.

With that line below your name, you could see how much of the community on forums thinks about your posts.

And with that feedback, you're able to self evaluate and improve your posts.

So it's a no from me on this suggestion.
How about it is only visible to you, or you can toggle it on or off (some ideas by several people)? Like ArtistBlock said:
Some people can't take that kind of pressure but still want to enjoy the forums.

IhaveLice

IhaveLice
IhaveLice
I agree that some people will feel self-conscious from the dislikes. But wasn't the point on the dislike and like button to stop people writing +1 like welshalex said " If you like an idea just like it, don't reply "+1" ."

CaptainSonic

CaptainSonic
CaptainSonic
The bar helps stop people from post farming, posting useless garbage, and it's a good indicator as to how you're seen on the forums (if you don't get spammed of course)

Of course, it's not a good idea to judge people purely by how much green / red is on their bar, but if someone has 200 likes and their bar is almost completely red, that should say quite a bit xD

I think disagrees should become neutral and not negative. Disagreements are not even close to post farming / rudeness, so it isn't fair to throw it in with them.
I'm pretty sure that kind of dislike abuse can be reported
Usually, you won't get a bad ratio if you use your brain while using the forums. But sometimes I think the feeling of being judged is good encouragement to do some self-evaluation / improvement.

As for the "it should be toggleable", I don't think that would help much as people would just get suspicious and check your profile anyways, and possibly call you out / harass you for being a wimp for turning it off or something like that, which would cause more problems.

Yes

Planet - swooshhh
Diamond
Imnotgodinminecr
Imnotgodinminecr
Diamond
How about it is only visible to you, or you can toggle it on or off (some ideas by several people)? Like ArtistBlock said:

Some people can't take that kind of pressure but still want to enjoy the forums.

Well maybe an option to toggle it off would be a good idea. But for example I'm really curious what people think of other people.

So idk, I guess I want it to stay.

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.