What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hide bug reports

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
The whole reason for bug reports on the forums is for the bug to be fixed so other people don't exploit said bug, however if bug reports are public then some players could go out of their way to exploit the bug. If bug reports were hidden then this would not be as big of an issue.

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
Most of the bugs reported have a negative impact on the individual who carries out the steps. For example bugs that cause you to lose your stuff if you do certain things aren't exactly helpful. I see your point but also, on the flipside, bug reports about harmful bugs that cause you to lose your stuff etc are helpful to see so you know what not to do.

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
Most of the bugs reported have a negative impact on the individual who carries out the steps. For example bugs that cause you to lose your stuff if you do certain things aren't exactly helpful. I see your point but also, on the flipside, bug reports about harmful bugs that cause you to lose your stuff etc are helpful to see so you know what not to do.
I do agree but some people go out of their way to try and affect other people's gameplay as much as possible.

TheJSB

Love is made for everyone <3
Diamond
Iron
TheJsB
TheJsB
Diamond
Many of the bug reports aren't full on bugs and others in the community can help the person or can help figure the bug out.
I myself reply to many of the reports when it is not really a bug. If the bug reports would be hidden, staff would have a lot of extra work and it would take longer to resolve.
Using a bug that you is a bug and so it's bug abuse. When it is a really obvious and known bug, staff and players can often easily see the bug was used by a player and they get a ban.

EnderSlenderZ

probably busy
Diamond
Gold
Iron
EnderSZ
EnderSZ
Diamond
Also, having the bug reports public means that people can see if a bug has already reported, and prevents the staff being inundated with the same bug report over and over again. It also gives people the chance to see if a report has been put through to the devs. Most bugs that get reported aren’t really ‘cheaty’, they’re mainly performance related and so aren’t really exploitable.