What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Honestly the whole Server.

Cxrta

commiserating
commiserating
Skycade is in need of an autobanning system/anticheat, badly. It's sometimes hard to get attention of staff on discord or there's just deadpoints where staff can't be on due to sleeping and whatnot. It's extremely inconvenient and annoying dealing with chat shenanigans along with cheating shenanigans.

Parroting_Is_God

GODPAIN
GODPAIN
bUt wHat aBouT thE fAlSe bANs???

Delno_

Delno_
Delno_
Skycade is in need of an autobanning system/anticheat, badly. It's sometimes hard to get attention of staff on discord or there's just deadpoints where staff can't be on due to sleeping and whatnot. It's extremely inconvenient and annoying dealing with chat shenanigans along with cheating shenanigans.
Anticheats are not easy to find and install. Almost all of practice servers (mmc, veltpvp, faithfulmc, pvptemple, pvpland, and etc) all code their own anticheats. Taon is working hard on the anticheat. Its not like you can install a free anticheat that does a good job at autobanning and detecting. Staff with alerts are more reliable than autobanning since most people get falsely banned on some servers for having high cps.

Joostagram

mamamamamanager
Staff member
Administrator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Admininistrator
Some people trigger the anti cheat Bc they’re laggy, plopping a random autoban system rather than taking time on working on it would be a mess

Sweap

Sweap
Sweap
Some people trigger the anti cheat Bc they’re laggy, plopping a random autoban system rather than taking time on working on it would be a mess
It's still a fair suggestion assuming that it is done to a degree where there is little false positives. Whether that's with only blatant cheaters if possible and working down. Your criticism by no means is relevant to what was said above where I will paraphrase you stated that an auto-ban system would be bad as it needs time. Yes everything takes time. Plus it's also quite weird to assume it would be a mess considering not every anti-cheat alert would auto-ban.

Last edited:

Orange

𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩 | Best Sumo
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
It's still a fair suggestion assuming that it is done to a degree where there is little false positives. Whether that's with only blatant cheaters if possible and working down. This criticism by no means is relevant to what was said above where I will paraphrase you stated that an auto-ban system would be bad as it needs time. Yes everything takes time. Plus it's also quite weird to assume it would be a mess considering not every anti-cheat alert would auto-ban.
Most people don't understand the implications of even suggesting the autoban feature be turned on. For example, even if there are false flags for movements hacks, doesn't necessarily mean the anticheat is going to false ban you for movement hacks. You can configure which checks can autoban so that you can minimize false bans or even completely remove them depending an the configuration.
I've also heard in the past that people said something along the lines of the anticheat will then replace staff, but that just isn't true. Just because the anticheat can work alongside staff replacing their need to sit there and record visual evidence that could even be proven or argued to be fake because it was recorded clientside ends up allowing staff to do their jobs more efficiently. I understand why people who don't understand would see a problem with this, but most servers do things this way, I don't see why SkyCade shouldn't follow the same path and also if you play legit you have nothing to worry about even if you get false banned.

Parroting_Is_God

GODPAIN
GODPAIN
blah blah blah this has been a argument many times before kiddos and they’ve already said they wont

YourFriendNate

amateur rando
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
qtNathaniel
qtNathaniel
Emerald
the venn diagram of people complaining about hackers and complaining about minimods trying to record evi is a circle

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
People have points between auto banning and not auto banning.

Personal opinion is this, considering that sometimes the alerts are wrong at times it could produce false bans.

Just saying that I've said multiple other things on other threads relating to this and I'm tired of repeating ;(

Sweap

Sweap
Sweap
Since there seems to be a lot of people under some misconceptions about how auto-bans work without problems I'm going to explain it in a great amount of detail

Firstly, I'll start by talking about why it is extremely essential towards a server that is efficient with dealing with hackers. A lot of the most popular servers have this and it's for many good reasons. To start, the accuracy of something that can take values from the server is going to be far more consistent than any recorded video, this makes sense as recorded videos for people using reach generally aren't the best unless its extremely blatant and aim-assist can be near undetected by video proof if setup correctly (not aimbot). It also eliminates bias that a subjective decision has and with video evidence many of these can be biased not only to players which the staff may know, not saying this occurs, and also to the ignorance someone may have when understanding how cheats work. Now the most obvious advantage is that it will be on all the time, while a staff member is limited by the amount of time they can stay on a server. This means that when there's barely anyone online that if someone logs in and cheats they still will be detected furthermore, the speed of anti-cheats is far faster than that of a human allowing for multiple people to be found at once.

Now along with this there is understandable criticism to this but it lacks the understanding that these can be accounted for when starting up an anti-cheat that auto-bans. For instance, people see that anti-cheats have false alerts and this may make people think that they may be false banned. Well, almost all anti-cheats that auto-ban use alerts that give certainty to someone cheating not only this but if there is a false alert that false flags with a certain probability of doing so assuming that there is nothing else that can cause it such as lag that can cause this alert to be false. Then the amount of times allows for the probability of it being certain that they are cheating to be found. Now to talk about how certain aspects of a player can send false alerts the main offender of this is lag, however this is usually worked around by the anti-cheat checking how laggy someone is where some straight up disable the check and other similar ways of dealing with it.

Now to respond to some of the critiques that the Skycade players gave to this post which proves that some people are horribly misinformed.

Anticheats are not easy to find and install. Almost all of practice servers (mmc, veltpvp, faithfulmc, pvptemple, pvpland, and etc) all code their own anticheats. Taon is working hard on the anticheat. Its not like you can install a free anticheat that does a good job at autobanning and detecting. Staff with alerts are more reliable than autobanning since most people get falsely banned on some servers for having high cps.
An anti-cheat taking long to make or being hard to make doesn't discount from how much Skycade would benefit from such an endeavour, it would mean there would likely be less false-bans and would overall allow the server to be efficient with how it deals with hackers. Imagine if there is no staff member on and alerts from the already existing anti-cheat are just spammed and there is not a staff online, the responsibility is put onto the players to report the player which may work but a lot of players will not do this and also means that if it's something that a player of Skycade won't be able to tell is cheating but is then they just remain fine with nothing done. Anyways, the obvious response is that even though something may be hard when it is so vital to stop people cheating it is very necessary to suggest this.

I have already responded to this but I'll reiterate my points, many anti-cheats disregard checks from laggy people or use it contextually to provide data towards how they auto-ban with this I'll further that if a check isn't 100% many anti-cheats will check how many times this has been done where the probability of them using hacks is near certain.

blah blah blah this has been a argument many times before kiddos and they’ve already said they wont
This one is probably the most hilarious of all the posts. To suggest one's argument is invalid because it's been said a lot in essence is regressive towards the server which is the exact opposite anyone that actually cares about a server would want. To progress a server is what everyone wants and of course there is the context of what takes priority but this is something that they should at least be working towards. Plus, if someone states that they won't it makes these suggestions even more critical as something like this is what I would consider necessary. Plus, I have heard rumours of Taon wanting to do this so for you to suggest this just makes you seem even more of an idiot.

People have points between auto banning and not auto banning.

Personal opinion is this, considering that sometimes the alerts are wrong at times it could produce false bans.

Just saying that I've said multiple other things on other threads relating to this and I'm tired of repeating ;(
For this one it seems like you misunderstand how auto-banning on any anti-cheat works. Even on the simplest of anti-cheats for an auto-ban to occur there needs to be an aspect of certainty. This may not occur on those occur on those simple ones due to things like not accounting for lag however, this means that one false anti-cheat alert does not cause one person to ban. It's the result of the probability of them cheating being extremely high from a certain alert, which ignores factors such as lag or other things that make false alerts far more frequent.

Last edited:

Uphelds

https://www.youtube.com/c/Uphelds
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
Uphelds
Uphelds
Emerald
Hi taon I have an anticheat that doesn’t false ban - and can be configured just like versus (in-game confiurable and in config took If you’re ever interested PM me

yakovliam

Jr. Dev
yakovliam
yakovliam
Jr. Dev
Hi taon I have an anticheat that doesn’t false ban - and can be configured just like versus (in-game confiurable and in config took If you’re ever interested PM me
Anticheats will always give false positives (which leads to false bans)- that's just the nature of how they work. Also, it's probably not the best idea to use a more publicly available one like one that you may suggest because the community can analyze how they work to combat them within their own clients.

As a more general comment/correction; Taon isn't really working on an AntiCheat, just tweaking some things with the existing one. I don't think the creation of a custom AntiCheat will benefit us very much because of existing options out there, and from my general understanding while being a Jr. Developer here, we aren't really looking to create one anyway.