What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to get your staff application considered.

Jeff

___Jeff___
___Jeff___
Okay, I've never actually become staff. This is just some traits I have noticed from people who are on their 113th staff application and still haven't had their hopes destroyed and are convinced they would be an amazing moderator.

1. Show your personality. This is one of the most important ones on this list. Take @Joostagram, @Bcof, or @AstroStqr✧. They got accepted as moderator because they weren't just constantly telling people to stick to the format, or they didn't begin their messages with "Hey, (OP)!" and sign them all the time. Tryhards are annoying, and the staff managers are aware of that.

2. You're just going to be a helper. Do not expect to have any sort of power above other players. Think of being a moderator as a normal player, with extra permissions.

3. Keep your expectations low. When you apply for staff, you shouldn't expect to become a helper. You should be ready for it to get denied, and you should have the right amount of surprise if it does get accepted. Keep the bar low, so you can step over it when you need to.

4. Don't get overwhelmed by it if you do become a helper. Don't think you need to ditch everything, including skyblock islands, smp bases, or even real life to focus on being a helper. Although I'm not sure if they have mentors on skycade anymore, if they do, you should talk to them if you feel like it's getting overwhelming.

5. Don't tryhard. Be a normal player. Like I said before, tryhards are annoying. Don't try to act like you're staff. Sure, you can have some moderator traits, but don't constantly submit staff applications, don't constantly try to be a moderator even when you're not.

gl

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Hey Jeff!
May I remind you, the report format can be found at the top of the Report a Player category.
Although I'm not sure if they have mentors on skycade anymore, if they do, you should talk to them if you feel like it's getting overwhelming.
Skycade uses the Mentor System.

Kindest Regards,
PigMatt

Jeff

___Jeff___
___Jeff___
Hey Jeff!
May I remind you, the report format can be found at the top of the Report a Player category.

Kindest Regards,
PigMatt
Well.

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Hey Jeff!

Kindest Regards,
PigMatt
Honestly hope that was a joke cause he ranted about tryharding staff or acting like a mod.

PS
You're a cannibal :D

PigMatt