What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to make it easier to catch and record hackers on kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PondWader

PondWader
PondWader
I like to catch hackers and report them so they can be banned, below are some suggestions on how to make this easier to do on kitpvp

Note: players should only be able to perform these commands in spawn

1. Make it so everyone can do /spectator (/spec for short) and go in spectator mode, I often find that when I'm trying to record a hacker people keep fighting me and it would be much quicker to record or check if they were hacking by just being able to go in spectator mode

2. Give everyone access to /invsee (but don't let them take stuff) I often think someone is autosouping because I never see them soup but I have no way to find out or record evidence, if I could see if they were autosouping or not and record, that would be amazing! I don't believe this would be problematic for gameplay because you can already do /viewkit to see what items people have in there kit

3. /report, whenever I see a hacker I always message a staff member if I know one that is online, the problem is, I often don't know one online, so, either please add /staff command to see all online staff, regardless of what server they are on or make /report that sends your report to all online staff

If my ideas are listened to that would be amazing.
If anyone feels these would ruin the player experience please let me know

Koronotchi

eh
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
Koronotchi
Koronotchi
1. Giving players access to /invsee and spectator will most likely never happen.

2. A report feature has been suggested more than I can count with my fingers. I don't think a /report (reason) syntax would be a great idea as it could be abused. Maybe some sort of GUI would be suitable for an In-Game report system. Also, I think it should only be available to ranked players as default ranked players such as bots will likely abuse the command. Un-ranked players will just have to use the report system on the forums.

benbsings

Minimodding since September 2018
Diamond
Iron
badstagram
badstagram
Diamond
A report feature has been suggested more than I can count with my fingers. I don't think a /report (reason) syntax would be a great idea as it could be abused. Maybe some sort of GUI would be suitable for an In-Game report system. Also, I think it should only be available to ranked players as default ranked players such as bots will likely abuse the command. Un-ranked players will just have to use the report system on the forums.
iirc a report plugin is being worked on

KingBob124

ContentBob
ContentBob
I think the report idea is good, but i don't think invsee will be allowed as there could be certain things people could do to cheat. Maybe have mini-mods? People who are online often and can do the things said on this post, but not be able to ban them??

FredricksonMC

No
Diamond
Iron
Fredo__
Fredo__
Diamond
I think the report idea is good, but i don't think invsee will be allowed as there could be certain things people could do to cheat. Maybe have mini-mods? People who are online often and can do the things said on this post, but not be able to ban them??
@PigMatt enters the chat

PigMatt

Banned lol🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
*hi minimod here*

I like this idea, but how would skycade decide who to have being one of those. I think this is a good idea tho because lots of current staff aren't on when i am etc.

Pokemonfan10

Minimod
Diamond
Pokemonfan10
Pokemonfan10
Diamond
Skycade can choose some by checking the Pinged people on OSMS threads.

PondWader

PondWader
PondWader
what could people do to cheat. As long as you can only use the commands at spawn i dont think it would make a difference but if you thin otherwise please tell me

Aciv

LuqDude
LuqDude
what could people do to cheat. As long as you can only use the commands at spawn i dont think it would make a difference but if you thin otherwise please tell me
People always find a way to glitch these out, just like players duping items. Also you would be able to know how much soup a person has left which can then be used against them

PondWader

PondWader
PondWader
People always find a way to glitch these out, just like players duping items. Also you would be able to know how much soup a person has left which can then be used against them
Since it is kitpvp, glitches won't have such a big effect on the game as say duping on skyblock, also you could say any new feature added could be abused in some way, so should devs not make new features just because they might have an exploit that would ruin the game for max an hour because they can just remove it, fix it and then re-release it. I see your point with the seeing how much soup people have but I came to the conclusion that A. You can kind of tell how much soup people have left anyway by just watching B. Kitpvp moves so fast that by the time you have jumped down from spawn (remember you would only be able to do it at spawn) that player might have died or done /soup and B. If a player is good enough to survive to low soup they also probably know they can just type /soup

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion, and I'm happy to see your opinion in response

Aciv

LuqDude
LuqDude
Since it is kitpvp, glitches won't have such a big effect on the game as say duping on skyblock, also you could say any new feature added could be abused in some way, so should devs not make new features just because they might have an exploit that would ruin the game for max an hour because they can just remove it, fix it and then re-release it. I see your point with the seeing how much soup people have but I came to the conclusion that A. You can kind of tell how much soup people have left anyway by just watching B. Kitpvp moves so fast that by the time you have jumped down from spawn (remember you would only be able to do it at spawn) that player might have died or done /soup and B. If a player is good enough to survive to low soup they also probably know they can just type /soup

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion, and I'm happy to see your opinion in response
A glitch I could find happening is players using /openinv to steal another player’s weapon, rendering them unable to fight back and they will eventually end up dying & lose their killestreak. While they could just rerelease it, that would take more time and the glitch could take awhile for the players to find, let alone the devs who could be sleeping or busy with more important personal things. Another thing I see happening is somehow players being able to find a way to use it outside of /spawn by somehow tricking the server into thinking they’re at spawn, or going into /gmsp to avoid death.

It’s probably going to stay the way it is, considering only trusted staff can use /gmsp and especially /openinv and it’s to prevent cheating and abuse. If you look through my posts you can see that it’s fairly easy to record hackers on kitpvp, just mainly because malicious hacks are easy to spot and notice. Now /report is a command although it has some bugs (for some reason I can only report players once per day), you can alert all staff members online.

Good ideas but probably not going to be implemented as I feel like it’s taking away one of the roles of staff, to catch hackers.

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
Make it so everyone can do /spectator (/spec for short) and go in spectator mode
Then everyone would be in spec and no one would be able to pvp. This also makes moderators redundant.

Give everyone access to /invsee
Once again, this would have a lot of people afk at spawn and no one pvping, would once again take away the point of mods.

Duckowap

Epic Gamerator
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Then everyone would be in spec and no one would be able to pvp. This also makes moderators redundant.

Once again, this would have a lot of people afk at spawn and no one pvping, would once again take away the point of mods.
Please don't necropost (replying to a thread that had not been active in more than two weeks).

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.