What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HuGe SuGGedTiOnS V2

MAKE SKYCADE GREAT AGAIN

• OH **** YES

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Naw

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka
Sup guys it's your boi smexyteemo here!
Imma list em suggestions here.
1) staffs are not allow to play on their staff accounts
2) start purging inactive staffs.
3) stop demoting good staffs that are actually active.
4) make an envoy system for factions.
5) add a better potting system as there is a slight pot delay.
6) remove the duel limit and fix the plugin as it is soo buggy.
7) no rand staffs plz
8)please shorten the faction season and make it 3 weeks instead of like idk.. 7?
9) add a mob coin system as it promotes players to grind(keep outback).
10) add more custom enchantments ( I love it)
11) instead of recreating "worlds" why not forcus on just the standard minecraft default world as it fixes lag by a lot.
12) once a player's inventory is full they will not be able to open crates.
13) buff vote crates (factions)
14) remove regenerative walls
15) players are not able to drop items in spawn instead add a trade system ( that will fix 90% of the players whining about them getting scam)
16) insiding will result in a permanent ban aka blacklist for the entire season.
17) make a faction top log for the server every 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Yup I have officially lost brain cells

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
Uh, "3) stop demoting good staffs that are actually active. " 10/10 suggestion, if that was linked to me. you dont need to back me up lol x

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Uh, "3) stop demoting good staffs that are actually active. " 10/10 suggestion, if that was linked to me. you dont need to back me up lol x
But what if I told you that ya were an amazing staff

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
7) no rand staffs plz
8)please shorten the faction season and make it 3 weeks instead of like idk.. 7?
11) instead of recreating "worlds" why not forcus on just the standard minecraft default world as it fixes lag by a lot.
15) players are not able to drop items in spawn instead add a trade system ( that will fix 90% of the players whining about them getting scam)
16) insiding will result in a permanent ban with a blacklist from the server.
1) Think its fine, i dont think all staff have alts. -1
2) Me and astro talked about this in dms a little bit, yeah agreed +1
3) Its sad bcof/astro got demoted but i do kinda understand why. -1
4) +1
5) +1
6) The duel system should be ranks only, as it started to be. I want that to happen again -1 Astro already made a suggestion about duels, read my reply there.
7) +1
8) It should reset once it gets boring +0
9) +0
10) +1, as long as they aren't unfair
11) +1, mining in them is so annoying
12) +1, good idea
13) +1, yes sir
14) -1
15) -1 scamming is a part of factions
16) -1 How is insiding worth a blacklist?
17) +1

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
This is really funny. But you should read the rules before making suggestions, lol.

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Iron
7) no rand staffs plz
16) insiding will result in a permanent ban with a blacklist from the server.
I want to add to the Insiding part, Have core or literally anything that can log a player breaking blocks in faction claims or at least value blocks, because literally in order to have someone banned they must either openly admit it in-game chat when they can confirm chat logs or they must be videoed doing it, and literally all insiders who know how to inside do it while their faction is offline so there is a fat chance of them not being punished.

I like the idea of mob coins, but usually, it all comes back to being useless just due to people not knowing it or those who are rich become richer quicker.

The trading idea has been suggested so many times, and my god how hasn't it been added, it's a great suggestion tbh and I would like it to be actually talked about rather than forgetting it and actually having consideration into the idea.

Custom enchants imo, should be edited to where it's not from just crates and that they're cheap to get and not too overpowered, because winning KoTH literally can give you a god set-piece, from just being on when no one else will bother.

The world's idea can have a simple fix of instead trying to have custom ends, just please have a flat end and default worlds are great.

Regen walls should be limited to 1 per base imo, but people figure out ways to get by that rule which is stupid.

The faction seasons were supposed to be 2 week payout, and with this it would be 6 week maps or maybe 8, this idea was shut down even though it's what kept factions alive. there's no reason for it to be removed, the toxicity that was from it was only due to the aftermath of it being removed and it wasn't even taken out properly, like only the top two got paid the same amount when it could've been top 5 and they would've spent less money.

For the Staff account one, I will vouch that they should be able to play, except for when they need to go into staff mode, they toggle something that can be logged telling admins if they're editing blocks and such or flying in a world with staff mode on, otherwise staff just need to be more responsible which leads me to randy staff, I was a rando getting accepted as staff and I accept that lmao, but with that I want staff that actually interact with the community, because right now I only know like 2 helpers maybe 3 when there are 5-6 others.

For demoting inactive staff, usually, staff go away due to timezones or problems allowing them to be staff but also not be punished for things they're doing. But there should be an amount of time between a break and a resignation, for example, a staff member could be on break for 3 weeks due to family problems, come back and then resign. It should have a system of when a staff member isn't able to perform for at least a month or more they should be asked to resign unless it's a special condition like they can only come on the weekends and talk with admins about it.

(If you don't want to read this skip below to the summed version)

For stop demoting good staff one, there are a few things that come into account, and if you ask any past staff who fall under this category they usually accept it was their fault and such, but I do feel the good staff are the ones who get used to the community so much where they can make mistakes rather than the ones who ignore the players and aren't used to them so they're less lenient on them. It's a fine line between being "good" and being good with the community, such as Astro (this is an example) he was loved by the community, and when his demotion came, people said that same thing that they're demoting good staff, but Astro later said he's accepted it. (If Astro is reading and wants to correct me please do I don't want to mislead people with an example). It comes down to this, you're either with the community as a staff member being fully active and knowing them well enough to where you understand what they did or where you're with the staff team more and don't know what's with the players, staff who can manage them both make great staff and that's a hard thing to do. I will even use myself as an example where I wasn't with the team as much and rather with the community and that can cause relationship problems and mistakes are made.

To sum up, above, people who are good staff are those I feel are with the community more to where they can be called good staff, on the flip side there are good staff who just aren't active with the community and they aren't getting called good staff simply bc people don't know them well. And usually, most of the reasons for "good" staff demotions are either hidden or aren't thought carefully of.

For the crates, it's a great idea, have an option where it can ask if the player wants to keep opening crates with their inventory full, but it should ask it each time even though it may be annoying, but just in case they change their mind and can cause fewer bugs if added.

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka
1) Think its fine, i dont think all staff have alts. -1
2) Me and astro talked about this in dms a little bit, yeah agreed +1
3) Its sad bcof/astro got demoted but i do kinda understand why. -1
4) +1
5) +1
6) The duel system should be ranks only, as it started to be. I want that to happen again -1 Astro already made a suggestion about duels, read my reply there.
7) +1
8) It should reset once it gets boring +0
9) +0
10) +1, as long as they aren't unfair
11) +1, mining in them is so annoying
12) +1, good idea
13) +1, yes sir
14) -1
15) -1 scamming is a part of factions
16) -1 How is insiding worth a blacklist?
17) +1
Well... insiding is a scummy move as we all agreed on it however judging from a player's perspective I think that getting them blacklisted for an entire season is a suitable punishment for such offence.

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
No staff members get demoted without a good reason too lol?

Negative got demoted because he allowed a ban evader to play (?) - something like that.

Astro got demoted because he was speaking negatively publicly about management when we was told to stop.

Just because staff members are liked by the community doesn’t mean they’re immune to demotions lol

100% agree on the insiding stuff though, something needs to be done.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Well... insiding is a scummy move as we all agreed on it however judging from a player's perspective I think that getting them blacklisted for an entire season is a suitable punishment for such offence.
How is it worst then hacking

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
I want to add to the Insiding part, Have core or literally anything that can log a player breaking blocks in faction claims or at least value blocks, because literally in order to have someone banned they must either openly admit it in-game chat when they can confirm chat logs or they must be videoed doing it, and literally all insiders who know how to inside do it while their faction is offline so there is a fat chance of them not being punished.

I like the idea of mob coins, but usually, it all comes back to being useless just due to people not knowing it or those who are rich become richer quicker.

The trading idea has been suggested so many times, and my god how hasn't it been added, it's a great suggestion tbh and I would like it to be actually talked about rather than forgetting it and actually having consideration into the idea.

Custom enchants imo, should be edited to where it's not from just crates and that they're cheap to get and not too overpowered, because winning KoTH literally can give you a god set-piece, from just being on when no one else will bother.

The world's idea can have a simple fix of instead trying to have custom ends, just please have a flat end and default worlds are great.

Regen walls should be limited to 1 per base imo, but people figure out ways to get by that rule which is stupid.

The faction seasons were supposed to be 2 week payout, and with this it would be 6 week maps or maybe 8, this idea was shut down even though it's what kept factions alive. there's no reason for it to be removed, the toxicity that was from it was only due to the aftermath of it being removed and it wasn't even taken out properly, like only the top two got paid the same amount when it could've been top 5 and they would've spent less money.

For the Staff account one, I will vouch that they should be able to play, except for when they need to go into staff mode, they toggle something that can be logged telling admins if they're editing blocks and such or flying in a world with staff mode on, otherwise staff just need to be more responsible which leads me to randy staff, I was a rando getting accepted as staff and I accept that lmao, but with that I want staff that actually interact with the community, because right now I only know like 2 helpers maybe 3 when there are 5-6 others.

For demoting inactive staff, usually, staff go away due to timezones or problems allowing them to be staff but also not be punished for things they're doing. But there should be an amount of time between a break and a resignation, for example, a staff member could be on break for 3 weeks due to family problems, come back and then resign. It should have a system of when a staff member isn't able to perform for at least a month or more they should be asked to resign unless it's a special condition like they can only come on the weekends and talk with admins about it.

For stop demoting good staff one, there are a few things that come into account, and if you ask any past staff who fall under this category they usually accept it was their fault and such, but I do feel the good staff are the ones who get used to the community so much where they can make mistakes rather than the ones who ignore the players and aren't used to them so they're less lenient on them. It's a fine line between being "good" and being good with the community, such as Astro (this is an example) he was loved by the community, and when his demotion came, people said that same thing that they're demoting good staff, but Astro later said he's accepted it. (If Astro is reading and wants to correct me please do I don't want to mislead people with an example). It comes down to this, you're either with the community as a staff member being fully active and knowing them well enough to where you understand what they did or where you're with the staff team more and don't know what's with the players, staff who can manage them both make great staff and that's a hard thing to do. I will even use myself as an example where I wasn't with the team as much and rather with the community and that can cause relationship problems and mistakes are made.

To sum up, above, people who are good staff are those I feel are with the community more to where they can be called good staff, on the flip side there are good staff who just aren't active with the community and they aren't getting called good staff simply bc people don't know them well. And usually, most of the reasons for "good" staff demotions are either hidden or aren't thought carefully of.

For the crates, it's a great idea, have an option where it can ask if the player wants to keep opening crates with their inventory full, but it should ask it each time even though it may be annoying, but just in case they change their mind and can cause fewer bugs if added.
Ye im not reading that sorry

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka

I have read your entire essay and I totally agree with what you said however, there are staffs such as camel that never log on for such a long period of time and there are more staffs that never log on for ages. I know that this post is futile unless a senior staff or admin takes this seriously. Usually such post like mine are locked within a day or something similar to that as no one takes these kinds of post seriously. To sum it up, I believe that staffs should take players more seriously and skycade management team should also take the staffs more seriously as well.

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Iron
I have read your entire essay and I totally agree with what you said however, there are staffs such as camel that never log on for such a long period of time and there are more staffs that never log on for ages. I know that this post is futile unless a senior staff or admin takes this seriously. Usually such post like mine are locked within a day or something similar to that as no one takes these kinds of post seriously. To sum it up, I believe that staffs should take players more seriously and skycade management team should also take the staffs more seriously as well.
Agreed, I've seen little to no staff on kit within the past week, only coming on due to a report.

SmexyTeemo

RinTosaka
RinTosaka
This is really funny. But you should read the rules before making suggestions, lol.
Skycade rules should be remade as it is quite old now and minecraft is constantly growing. I believed that skycade have many opportunities to grow and next season should be the best time to start.

RareChubber

RareChubber
RareChubber
I believe this post should be the starting point for skycade as it points out many of skycade's flaws @nocookies4me

Fauxry

Fauxry
Fauxry
You got demoted ? lmao why

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Don't want to shine negativity on the suggestions but WelshAlex has said multiple times that he does not like these mass suggestion threads and will probably not reply to this, except to say that if you suggest something you should describe in more detail a solution to the problem and dedicate one thread to one problem, not just list a bunch of problems without giving any ideas on solution.

ephrat

Weeeeeee 🙃 • 13
Diamond
JustNahh
JustNahh
Diamond
Don't want to shine negativity on the suggestions but WelshAlex has said multiple times that he does not like these mass suggestion threads and will probably not reply to this, except to say that if you suggest something you should describe in more detail a solution to the problem and dedicate one thread to one problem, not just list a bunch of problems without giving any ideas on solution.
What happened on 25/7/19