What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I have had enough.

1235_John

MCFlute!!! (toot toot toot)
Diamond
1235_John
1235_John
Diamond
I used to adore the staff team and I used to see them all the time in game. Now I see none of them. On KitPvp its always infested with hackers. I have had enough of reporting them, only for them to keep killing everyone for half an hour longer. There needs to be staff members online. I come online all the time and I haven`t seen a staff member in ages. There are currently about 5 hackers possibly more bunny hopping around killing everybody and ruining their kill:death ratios. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. A couple of months ago I quit because of this. I`m shocked to come back and see this is still a massive issue; and in fact even more of an issue.
I see moderators online in discord, yet hardly any of them are actually on the server. And don`t get me wrong, I know that staff members have other things to do. but its just the fact that I hardly ever see a staff member now. Currently on KitPvp there are roughly 50 people, not a single one of them is a staff member, and a lot of them are hacking. I`m starting to hate this server and I`m starting to hate the staff team. I think I may quit again if this problem is not resolved. It just isn`t fun any more.

Last edited:

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
Just equip dubstep kit.

__Doom__

__Doom__
__Doom__
bro just learn the way of souping and your good

Materializing

Helper.exe
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Helper
hackers are always gonna be on kit and yeah there’s not a mod on 24/7, but just like put on a tanky kit and stay away from them and you should be good. No need to get frustrated, the staff do a ton of work already.

SoMadSoBad

SoMadSoBadX
SoMadSoBadX
Just equip dubstep kit.
hackers are always gonna be on kit and yeah there’s not a mod on 24/7, but just like put on a tanky kit and stay away from them and you should be good. No need to get frustrated, the staff do a ton of work already.
People should not have to change their play style to survive against hackers. Instead of putting a bandage on the problem by "putting on a tanky kit", it should seriously be resolved.

Kwuffin

Diamond
Buttwarmth
Buttwarmth
Diamond
People should not have to change their play style to survive against hackers. Instead of putting a bandage on the problem by "putting on a tanky kit", it should seriously be resolved.
You don't necessarily have to change your playstyle, either install better hacks, or be better skillwise than the hacker. It's just harder to beat a hacker in Archer kit, than in Dubstep.
But that's just my opinion.

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
Anticheat... (never gonna be added btw)

Unstating

ofh
ofh
this thread title sound like he gonna shoot up skycade

BenvdWest

Cxxl
Cxxl
Yes this is a problem. Will it be addressed? No. I myself have given up on Skycade changing. The obvious solution would be to add a autoban anticheat and take some of the load off staff who can then use this spare time to respond to false ban appeals. This is why I rarely play kitpvp anymore. 50% of the people online are either blatantly hacking or closet cheating. Therefore I play on servers that actually have a anticheat

Chazzagram

King Dingus of Dongus
Gold
Iron
ChazzagramFTW
ChazzagramFTW
Gold
I used to adore the staff team and I used to see them all the time in game. Now I see none of them. On KitPvp its always infested with hackers. I have had enough of reporting them, only for them to keep killing everyone for half an hour longer. There needs to be staff members online. I come online all the time and I haven`t seen a staff member in ages. There are currently about 5 hackers possibly more bunny hopping around killing everybody and ruining their kill:death ratios. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. A couple of months ago I quit because of this. I`m shocked to come back and see this is still a massive issue; and in fact even more of an issue.
I see moderators online in discord, yet hardly any of them are actually on the server. And don`t get me wrong, I know that staff members have other things to do. but its just the fact that I hardly ever see a staff member now. Currently on KitPvp there are roughly 50 people, not a single one of them is a staff member, and a lot of them are hacking. I`m starting to hate this server and I`m starting to hate the staff team. I think I may quit again if this problem is not resolved. It just isn`t fun any more.
Just saying, Staff put way too much time into trying to catch hackers.
1. They're usually in vanish
2. They're probably sorting stuff out in another server
3. They're busy doing stuff like reports and bug reports and appeals etc.

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Emerald
Skycade has an anti-cheat. It alerts the staff members with a chat message, and they will respond as soon as possible, reviewing the suspected player & seeing if they are hacking. Staff have every-day lives too, just like we do. Adding an auto-banning anti-cheat would be a mistake, it would cost a lot of false bans, and would clog up the amount of time it takes to respond to appeals even more.

I'm sure the Management Team have either been addressed or thought about themselves about installing an auto-ban anti-cheat, but they have thought how it would play out in the future; many false bans, clogging up the appealing system.

If you are giving up on Skycade changing, why are you making this thread? Looking at your complaints, you are making it more into a suggestion - asking for Skycade to implement an auto-banning anti-cheat.

I do agree with you that there are not many staff online on certain gamemodes (KitPvP, SMP, etc) but a lot of them are on Skyblock, probably reporting bugs to the developers and helping new players out. As __Doom__ said, learning to soup well would be helpful in a fight against a hacker, and also finding a tanky kit that helps: Dubstep is a good one.

Do you have any ideas of how it could be resolved? I'm sure the staff team would be happy to hear some suggestions -- other than adding an auto-ban anti-cheat though.

this thread title sound like he gonna shoot up skycade
Not funny.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
3. They're busy doing stuff like reports and bug reports and appeals etc.
No offence here but reports are checked like once an hour at non peak time.

On KitPvp its always infested with hackers.
This can not be more true.

I think that more new staff and removing some inactive ones would be great.

Mevrouw

Unhealing
Unhealing
Anticheat... (never gonna be added btw)
There is an anticheat but it's shitty af. it doesn't block combat hacks, i only saw it detecting fly

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
There is an anticheat but it's shitty af. it doesn't block combat hacks, i only saw it detecting fly
Oh no, I know they have aac. They're current config is useless... they dont even autoban based on VL, the staff have to all manually ban cheaters which is such an inefficient way to run the server.

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
Now I see none of them
Ever heard of vanish? Also kitpvp isn’t the only gamemode FYI

There needs to be staff members online. I come online all the time and I haven`t seen a staff member in ages.
There are definitely enough and yet again staff are in vanish and use silent punishments. Yes there are spots where there are a lack of bans but staff have to moderate the other 5 servers just as much and you can expect ever staff member to be on every day for 5 hours.

On KitPvp its always infested with hackers. I have had enough of reporting them, only for them to keep killing everyone for half an hour longer .
Hackers are sometimes that we will always have to deal with and they will keep on coming and staff need to get evidence to ban. You can’t simply stop hackers. They will always come.

I see moderators online in discord, yet hardly any of them are actually on the server
This sounds so stupid. Do you realise that discord is an app. Just because people are on their phones, it doesn’t mean that they could be moderating on minecraft. For example someone could be at school, on a day out, away on holiday, in the car or having a meal. You can expect it to take over their lives.

Also finally and most importantly, I worked out that they say this was posted, there was a ban ever 7 minutes on the server (no bots) and that includes the blank spots. And that on average there are bans every 5-8 minutes. That’s impressive as most of those bans come from 1/6th of the server

benbsings

#SaveTheAmazon
Diamond
Iron
badstagram
badstagram
Emerald
Oh no, I know they have aac. They're current config is useless... they dont even autoban based on VL, the staff have to all manually ban cheaters which is such an inefficient way to run the server.
The anticheat doesn't auto-ban because it would cause alot of false bans and staff wouldn't have evidence of it.

Noto1472

Big Boi
Staff member
Administrator
Noto1472
Noto1472
Senior Moderator
Having an anti cheat that would auto ban wouldn’t be sustainable. If we have false bans, it hurts our player count. Hypixel can get away with it because there is 60k other people on the server

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
This cannot be anymore true as it is.

KitPvP is probably the most underrated gamemode so far. There's 30+ staff members and 6 gamemodes. Do the math, you can have at least 5 staff members per gamemode. I get that staff members DO have lives and cannot be on 24/7 but they DID apply. They DID volunteer for the job. So if anything, they should put keeping the server clean OVER "omg new skyblock reset i'm deffo gonna play that instead of doing my job". Not to mention the inactive staff members who I haven't seen on in MONTHS. I also agree with @PigMatt as there needs to be something done with the current team. Demoting staff members, or adding a staff quota every week "forcing" staff to finally do their job.

Reading over this made me realize how much Skycade cares about us "the minority" playing KitPvP or any PvP-based gamemode. Months and even maybe years, we have been begging for changes but all we get are cosmetic ranks, untrained randoms on the staff team, not to mention unstable servers that crash. I've been here since s5 and I've seen Skycade do great things, but this needs to stop. The playercount goes down even with the resurgence of Minecraft. Skycade needs to listen to the community or the "2 years" we say we have; will lower. #wakeupskycade

Also if any staff member is reading this, I back up my statement 100%. I wanted to believe the staff are trying their "best", but their "best" isn't enough. If you only applied for staff because you wanted "clout", resign now. I am completely serious. Us, the players, should be first over you. You should be dedicating your time keeping the server "hacker free" over free skyblock points. I don't care about your island level as it is YOUR job that not only did YOU APPLY for, but apparently have experience with. There are many players in the community that would die for a position on the team, and probably would do much of a better job. Quit acting like a baby and toughen up, this is your job. I also want to add in, if you're too busy to moderate, pass the baton to someone who isn't. The time wasted with you idling could've went to the next helper who would've done everything that the players could ever ask for.

ok im done

AidenLikesPancakes

Banned lol
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
Having an anti cheat that would auto ban wouldn’t be sustainable. If we have false bans, it hurts our player count. Hypixel can get away with it because there is 60k other people on the server
bruh skycade's player count is already hurt.

Nibsz

Nibsz
Nibsz
This is exactly the same in prisons. I've been on for almost a week now and have only seen staff maybe a total of 4 times.