What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If an appeal is denied, make it standard to explain why it has been denied

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Ban appeals are wack. Sometimes they make sense, many times they don't. One of the more confusing times is when an appeal is denied. More than likely not the appeal will just be "Denied, Locked" without reasoning provided. This is confusing because a player sometimes has no idea what they've done wrong. One example of this is my latest ban appeal for in-game (yes I'm egotistical); it was denied without response. I'm not trying to shun hate on Noah but I would have appreciated if I was told why it was denied, as I had to go find a senior mod (Joo) to explain why it was denied. If it was simply stated in the appeal, it would save time for both player and staff.

To fix this, just make it required to provide a reason for all ban appeals on being denied. Some staff already do this, but some don't. As it's already chaotic within the staff team, having organization even as minimal as this can cut down on the hassle.

Also to quickly jump on this matter, there's been times recently where evidence has not been provided on a ban appeal where the player was claiming they were not hacking / confused on what they were banned for. Please keep check on this !!11!

Shoutout to @PigMatt go read his thread btw https://skycade.net/threads/appealing-system-3.30067/

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
A reply as simple as the one i made below would be better then some of the current ones. Nice suggestion +1

You said swearwords in chat.
http://prntscr.com/p5w689
Denied, locked.
THANKS FOR SHOUTOUT ILY

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Agree, some members won't know why their appeal was denied. This would help players correct their appeals

SilklySoft

Silkly
Silkly
I agree it’s just some staff do which is great others just need to work on this but it isn’t that much of an issue as you can easily msg a staff member

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
A reply as simple as the one i made below would be better then some of the current ones. Nice suggestion +1

THANKS FOR SHOUTOUT ILY
no they know what they did wrong the whole point of this is so they know why they got denied i.e. appealed to early, not enough info etc etc

TheDarknessKing

Helper Man :D
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
TheDarknessKing
TheDarknessKing
Helper
Ban appeals are wack. Sometimes they make sense, many times they don't. One of the more confusing times is when an appeal is denied. More than likely not the appeal will just be "Denied, Locked" without reasoning provided. This is confusing because a player sometimes has no idea what they've done wrong. One example of this is my latest ban appeal for in-game (yes I'm egotistical); it was denied without response. I'm not trying to shun hate on Noah but I would have appreciated if I was told why it was denied, as I had to go find a senior mod (Joo) to explain why it was denied. If it was simply stated in the appeal, it would save time for both player and staff.

To fix this, just make it required to provide a reason for all ban appeals on being denied. Some staff already do this, but some don't. As it's already chaotic within the staff team, having organization even as minimal as this can cut down on the hassle.

Also to quickly jump on this matter, there's been times recently where evidence has not been provided on a ban appeal where the player was claiming they were not hacking / confused on what they were banned for. Please keep check on this !!11!

Shoutout to @PigMatt go read his thread btw https://skycade.net/threads/appealing-system-3.30067/
I Agree with astro on this one as i have seen many ban appeals with Just

Denied, Locked
Appeal, (So and so Amount of time later) For a Possible reduce

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
I Agree with astro on this one as i have seen many ban appeals with Just

Denied, Locked
Appeal, (So and so Amount of time later) For a Possible reduce
So why did you dislike my comment lol.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
+1 this should be standard practice without people having to suggest it.

not like i've ever had this problem because haven't had to appeal a lengthy ban on here yet nerds.

Ethuc

Jakesv
Jakesv
I kinda disagree and agree at the same time, when i was staff on other servers we would mostly deny everything except for complete admissions to their punishment and effort around improving themselves, but would only put "Accepted" or "Denied" because we didn't want people all admitting just because they saw others get accepted for it.

At the same time being denied recently I have no idea if there's any point in trying to appeal again. If the staff want people to learn their lesson then obviously guiding the punished would be alot better in my opinion. Also maybe a thing that stops the staff that banned you, cannot deny your appeal afterwards, rather another staff member, mostly because if one staff doesn't like you (even if they don't admit it) then there could be a chance of bias denies and ban options.

(Mostly speaking from experience, I've known servers and staff that just pick on one person)
having different perspectives that aren't just one person's negative feelings towards another could help out the legitimacy of punishments.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
You litterally said you disagree
"no they know what they did wrong the whole point of this is so they know why they got denied i.e. appealed to early, not enough info etc etc"
"the whole point of this is so they know why they got denied i.e. appealed to early, not enough info etc etc"
I did not disagree I stated the example he gave was wrong and told him what the practice actually should be so take away my dislikes as I literally corrected him and showed what the message should actually have rather then just showing the evidence actually tell them why.
@Crazy Mazy

Last edited:

DuckyZxe

steven universe fan boy
Iron
PeridotsCore
PeridotsCore
Iron
Good suggestion, Locked

PigMatt