What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[Improved] Mining Spawner Penalty for Factions / OP Factions

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
Note - this was posted earlier, but I realized that there were quite a few holes in the suggestion. Also, the presentation wasn't that clear. Therefore, I have deleted the previous one and created this improved one - enjoy!

The Current Situation

Given that next season's Factions and OP Factions /f top system will be largely based upon spawner value within factions' claimed land, spawners are now more important than ever. Safeguarding them will be a number one priority for many factions, and they may do so by mining spawners before going offline and putting them in their enderchest.

What this will seem to do, is it will temporarily lower their /f top ranking for the time that the person who mined them goes offline, until they come back and place them. This will continue until the near-end of the Season, when they will place all of their stockpiled spawners in their base and jump to the top, virtually untouched.

Suggestion - Penalty for Mining Spawners

Basically, I'm suggesting that there are consequences to players if they perform this tactic. We could create a system where everytime a player mines a spawner within their claimed land, about 25% to 40% of the spawner's value in the shop will automatically be deducted from their balance.

For example - Player A is in their faction claimed land, and has been AFKing spawners for quite some time; they find out they need to go offline. What they'll do is mine up their spawner with Silk Touch, and immediately see that 25% to 40% of the spawner's shop value has been deducted from their balance, penalizing them from dissuading raiding.

Small Notes

• The balance will only be deducted if the spawner has been placed down for a certain number of hours, thereby preventing accidental misclicks and suddenly players are losing money left and right.
  • This will promote raiding, as the people will be incentivized to go out, raid, and break spawners in order to fluctuate the f top rankings, rather than being in a scenario where all spawners are stored in an enderchest when not being used.
  • This could also be scalable, where certain spawners may only deduct 25% of shop value from your balance, whilst others (like Iron Golems) will deduct upwards of 40%.
  • This will complement the one-regen wall limit, as players already will already have a slightly easier time raiding bases.

That's basically my idea, and I'm open to criticism/suggestions to change my idea for the better. In short, I'm just trying to figure out a way where raiding isn't turned into something pointless and non-impactful, quite how I felt it was this season.

Last edited:

TacobellAddict1

TacobellAddict1
TacobellAddict1
oh wow. i love that idea. love the fonts too rk0660. love the idea

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660

Unstating

OFH
OFH
Problem is that the ftop isn’t spawner based at all.

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
Problem is that the ftop isn’t spawner based at all.
Currently, it isn't.

But I believe that next season it should be registering spawner values within claims.

Skoriks

Iron
Skoriks
Skoriks
Iron
Currently, it isn't.

But I believe that next season it should be registering spawner values within claims.
Should or would be?

Andrew

Xqno
Xqno
I like the idea but spawners tend to be overpriced in shop compared to economy

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
Should or would be?
https://skycade.net/threads/the-end-of-s10-and-kitmap-v2.4544/
It’s mentioned that the f top system will be heavily spawner based here.

I like the idea but spawners tend to be overpriced in shop compared to economy
Yeah, so I was thinking that the numbers I put (40% might be too high). Depending on how the economy is and how much the spawners tend to go for on AH, I think we can come up with different percentages.

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
Bad idea. An aspect of raiding is to see if its a good time to raid. You should have to plan the time of your raid well. -1

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
Bad idea. An aspect of raiding is to see if its a good time to raid. You should have to plan the time of your raid well. -1
I agree that timing has something to do with it - but it isn't fun to have to align your schedule with an opponent's faction just to raid them and impact the /f top system. I think that having something to this degree will prevent stockpiling, like what had been done this season.

Sobby

iiSpaceIsMyMom
iiSpaceIsMyMom
This is a great idea but it has one glaring flaw: The spawner price in the shop is so jacked up that no one actually uses the shop for spawners. I'm not sure is a 40% deduction would be fair. a 5% or 10% deduction or even maybe less would be closer to fair. It all depends on what the price in the shop would be.

Maybe instead of penalizing the mining of spawners, add a limit to how often you can mine a spawner.

Maybe only 1 spawner every 2 minutes or 5 every 10 or 15 minutes, maybe 15 an hour. This way players can correct misclicks and players won't be able to take ALL of their spawners down without wasting a certain amount of time.

Skoriks

Iron
Skoriks
Skoriks
Iron
If it’s a good time to raid? Some people world download.

AmazingPiggy

Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
I agree that timing has something to do with it - but it isn't fun to have to align your schedule with an opponent's faction just to raid them and impact the /f top system. I think that having something to this degree will prevent stockpiling, like what had been done this season.
If you dont know the factions on f top never take their spawners down overnight.

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
If you dont know the factions on f top never take their spawners down overnight.
Yeah, that is with the current system.

My predictions is that given that the f top system will be heavily based on spawner value, Factions will become a lot more protective of them to make sure they don’t fall down the ranks.

AmazingPiggy

Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
Yeah, that is with the current system.

My predictions is that given that the f top system will be heavily based on spawner value, Factions will become a lot more protective of them to make sure they don’t fall down the ranks.
tbh if you want more raiding ask them to fix cannoning lol. This idea wont do much but be an annoyance

iiRyRy

iiRyRy
iiRyRy
tbh if you want more raiding ask them to fix cannoning lol. This idea wont do much but be an annoyance
I agree, if cannoning wasn't so bad on skycade this wouldn't be a problem. I also agree with Piggy's previous comment, Factions is about planning and attacking at the right moment, you need to plan out your raids to maximize the loot you get. -1

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660
I agree, if cannoning wasn't so bad on skycade this wouldn't be a problem. I also agree with Piggy's previous comment, Factions is about planning and attacking at the right moment, you need to plan out your raids to maximize the loot you get. -1
Here’s the thing - many of the top factions quite often have multiple members on, so unless someone is in a time zone other than the majority, they’ll always be on.

With this method, you can still raid while online with benefits. Either they lose some money while mining spawners or they lose the spawners entirely.

CowBelly_21

Diamond
CowBelly_21
CowBelly_21
Diamond
This is a great idea but it has one glaring flaw: The spawner price in the shop is so jacked up that no one actually uses the shop for spawners. I'm not sure is a 40% deduction would be fair. a 5% or 10% deduction or even maybe less would be closer to fair. It all depends on what the price in the shop would be.

Maybe instead of penalizing the mining of spawners, add a limit to how often you can mine a spawner.

Maybe only 1 spawner every 2 minutes or 5 every 10 or 15 minutes, maybe 15 an hour. This way players can correct misclicks and players won't be able to take ALL of their spawners down without wasting a certain amount of time.
1) i agree that 40% is way to high and 5% is much better (I would prefer 0 but whatever)
2)1 spawner ever 2 mins would mean that if i put my spawners down to grind in say a tempoary base, then when my main base was genned i moved them out of the temporary one and into the main base having to wait 2 mins per spawner would be REALLY ANNOYING, if i had a stack of spawners (not an abnormal amount) it would take me 64 * 2 = 128 mins or just over 2 hours to mine all the spawners out which would be such a waste of time.

3) instead i propose a system where you can not mine your spawners if there is someone in your claims who is an enmy / neutral faction to you
Any thoughts on '3)' ?

Last edited:

Sobby

iiSpaceIsMyMom
iiSpaceIsMyMom
1) i agree that 40% is way to high and 5% is much better (I would prefer 0 but whatever)
2)1 spawner ever 2 mins would mean that if i put my spawners down to grind in say a tempoary base, then when my main base was genned i moved them out of the temporary one and into the main base having to wait 2 mins per spawner would be REALLY ANNOYING, if i had a stack of spawners (not an abnormal amount) it would take me 64 * 2 = 128 mins or just over 2 hours to mine all the spawners out which would be such a waste of time.

3) instead i propose a system where you can not mine your spawners if there is someone in your claims who is an enmy / neutral faction to you
Any thoughts on '3)' ?
for your #3, how about combining that with my mining limit. So the defending faction can save some spawners but not all.

rk0660

rk0660
rk0660

Any thoughts on '3)' ?
Hmmm, this could be good people raiding Factions with large claims just have their alts sit in the Faction’s so they can’t mine the spawners while being raided. Unless there is a way to circumvent this, I think the risk / reward of spawner mining costing balance would be more efficient.