D
E
.net
???

Ingame currency.

Sooma

0bh
0bh
How does the idea of buying a rank by using in-game currency?
Or maybe kits?

- The non out

Satiated

✯ The Lad ✯
Diamond
Satiate
Satiate
Diamond
This sounds cool. Maybe some sort of points system could be created. I know people have suggested previously a way that the server could be monetized through advertisements. The ads would of course be optional and when a player watched an ad, it would support the server and the player would earn a point or points. But, I'm not sure if this is against the EULA or not as it is quite wordy and this may somehow be against it. Again, I'm not sure of the specifics but I would totally be up to seeing this implemented!

Nosuchthingj

Justnaa
Justnaa
This sounds cool. Maybe some sort of points system could be created. I know people have suggested previously a way that the server could be monetized through advertisements. The ads would of course be optional and when a player watched an ad, it would support the server and the player would earn a point or points. But, I'm not sure if this is against the EULA or not as it is quite wordy and this may somehow be against it. Again, I'm not sure of the specifics but I would totally be up to seeing this implemented!
Minecraft broke the eula

Viargentum

it's is my life
Iron
viargentum
viargentum
Iron
I don’t believe this makes sense with the current state of Skycade sadly. At this point in time, the only ranks you can buy on the store are purely cosmetic, and are there purely for monetization purposes. It would make no sense from a company standpoint to offer those ranks for free under any circumstances. The idea of purchasing kits with in-game currency makes slightly more sense bearing in mind the current state of Skycade, however, the current kits that are available are simple timed kits available to everyone, and creating more kits only available via purchase, in-game currency or not, could give a more pay to win feel to the server, something I feel a large majority of the community would dislike.

Nosuchthingj

Justnaa
Justnaa
I don’t believe this makes sense with the current state of Skycade sadly. At this point in time, the only ranks you can buy on the store are purely cosmetic, and are there purely for monetization purposes. It would make no sense from a company standpoint to offer those ranks for free under any circumstances. The idea of purchasing kits with in-game currency makes slightly more sense bearing in mind the current state of Skycade, however, the current kits that are available are simple timed kits available to everyone, and creating more kits only available via purchase, in-game currency or not, could give a more pay to win feel to the server, something I feel a large majority of the community would dislike.
and skycade has another f up it would be done for

AmazingPiggy

/tpa amazingpiggy for a raid!!!
Diamond
AmazingPiggy
AmazingPiggy
Diamond
No skycade needs to make money

thom

legend
Diamond
thomwridal
thomwridal
Diamond
Or maybe kits?

- The non out
i think u should win it by being good cuz ppl will just spend their time afk and not actually playing

Sooma

0bh
0bh
I was thinking the way to get those points let call them "Kazoos" is by voting.

Bcof

my heels are higher than your future
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Or maybe kits?

- The non out
Good idea but remember Skycade needs quite a lot of money to host & to pay the devs. Ranks to me are the main source of in come for the server. If they do make a point system to get things from Store. Players won’t spend enough on the store normally so Skycade can slowly die out. This is why i think Ranks should be bought with normal money. -1

Other simple commands would be okay in my opinion to be bought with in game money!

Sooma

0bh
0bh
Good idea but remember Skycade needs quite a lot of money to host & to pay the devs. Ranks to me are the main source of in come for the server. If they do make a point system to get things from Store. Players won’t spend enough on the store normally so Skycade can slowly die out. This is why i think Ranks should be bought with normal money. -1

Other simple commands would be okay in my opinion to be bought with in game money!
Thanks for replying.
Yeah, I thinked of that. But some people don't have money to spend on the Network like me, I wish I could donate but i can't, so adding an ingame currency will be great for us even if it was a temporary kit, rank or a suffix for one month.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8
Or maybe kits?

- The non out
maybe like a certain amount of play time on all gamemodes gets you x amount of "money/coins"

Bcof

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Thanks for replying.
Yeah, I thinked of that. But some people don't have money to spend on the Network like me, I wish I could donate but i can't, so adding an ingame currency will be great for us even if it was a temporary kit, rank or a suffix for one month.
The one or two suffixes to be brought with “in game cash” would be okay.

How would you get these points though? If you did time played, players would just afk. If you did as many posts, players would post farm. Which gives Skycade a limited option on what they could do. Even if they did decide to sell store items with “in game cash”.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8

How would you get these points though? If you did time played, players would just afk. If you did as many posts, players would post farm. Which gives Skycade a limited option on what they could do. Even if they did decide to sell store items with “in game cash”.
well, maybe now we could introduce a new element so skycade, like every ten kills you get 3 coins, more valuble blocks placed gets you more points (can only be placed once) etc,

Sooma

0bh
0bh

As i said you can get these points by voting not by Time play that way Skycade can go up in the leaderboard and get more players

ANewHope

Hello There
Staff member
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
As i said you can get these points by voting not by Time play that way Skycade can go up in the leaderboard and get more players
Like Bcof said the server needs a lot of money to support itself and with crate keys removed ranks is really the only thing funding the server other than jacks vids as far as I can tell.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8
a lot of servers have alredy done this, it would look like skycade is copying other servers.

Sooma

0bh
0bh
a lot of servers have alredy done this, it would look like skycade is copying other servers.
As long as I've seen only one server is doing this and i did it on my old server and it got boosted to the rank 69 in one day.
so maybe it a good thing for skycade

Reactions: Kai

Sooma

0bh
0bh
Like Bcof said the server needs a lot of money to support itself and with crate keys removed ranks is really the only thing funding the server other than jacks vids as far as I can tell.
I know that, but two suffixes won't hurt the funds of the server.

Bcof

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Would be quite cool! I like the voting aspect like maybe 50 votes and you get 5 pound store credit. It reminds me off when you are in the arcade, you spend a lot of money, but you try earning it back with tickets. At the end of the day, you won’t make any profits but it could be good for a free suffix!

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.