What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ires' interview ✧

nehtptune

oz for president, jedandmac <3
Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
༺・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・༻
iresx’s interview
[ interview #7 ]
༺・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・༻

hello! today we have an interview with an amazing builder; @Iresx. now lets get into the interview.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

what are the builds displayed to the public you have contributed to/built for skycade?

The 1v1 Scarecrow arena and the fisherman & angle koths on (op)factions are the only public ones yet.

how long have you been building?

been building since 2 december 2016 (but professionally since 27-1-2017)

do you rather structures or organics? why do you prefer that option?

Organics for sure, I find structures really difficult. I dislike building small scale like medieval buildings and I like building in big scale. Organics are most of the time really big and really give that 'wow' factor. I do know how to make structures but organics are just way more fun for me when they come out just as I wanted them to be.

what inspires you to build? is there a certain type of thing like music, photos, etc?

Big inspirations for me are @/fantasy.daily and @/artstationhq on instagram. I've always loved fantasy stories and they really inspire me in what I build, the art on those two accounts is really epic and have some great concepts that would make great builds.

why did you want to be a builder on skycade?

I was playing smp on skycade and a great friend of mine said that I should try applying for builder. I was already a builder in another buildteam (I am also still part of that team so technically I am in two buildteams). At first I didn't know they had a buildteam on skycade, since you don't see a lot of builders on the server but it seemed like a fun idea so I applied (and got accepted ;P).

do you have any tips for players who are only beginning to build?

I do have some tips! People ask me a lot how they can improve their building and what every builder will always tell you is to practice, and you should! But don't practice only one thing (medieval houses for example), try to make it a little more difficult for yourself and try a different style (maybe sci-fi). Also find what you think is fun in building! Do you enjoy building houses and villages, then try to make those in different styles. Do you enjoy building terrain, then try some mountains and lakes. Also try to follow some builders and get into a building community. There are some awesome builders out there that can help you improve, don't be afraid to ask for help! And in the end, you have to enjoy what you are doing so make it fun :D (Also make trees yourself, bonemeal trees are a no-no <3)

do you find it difficult to stay inspired/motivated while building?

After building for a long time on one project you do get a little 'worn out'. But mostly when you chose a theme you can find different inxpirational pictures of it. But I always try to take breaks of building one thing, because if I work long on one thing and I think it looks awesome I may not see the flaws in it anymore, so taking a small break may help because you kind of 'refresh' and then you can take the time at what still needs improvement. But staying inspirational isn't normally very difficult since I always search up a lot of great art refrences before I start the build :).

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

thank you for reading this interview! a big thank you to @Iresx for letting me interview you. you had amazing responses <3. have a great day, everyone!

Materializing

Lil Lazy Helper <3
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Helper
♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡ ┍━━━━━━✿━━━━━━┑
Oooo a builder interview!! Guess who made them questions :)
Cute interview, can’t wait to see more :) I don’t know Iresx that well so this is a nice way to learn more aboot then ^-^

┕━━━━━━✿━━━━━━┙
♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡
┍━━━━━━✿━━━━━━┑

Oooo a builder interview!! Guess who made them questions :)
Cute interview, can’t wait to see more :) I don’t know Iresx that well so this is a nice way to learn more aboot then ^-^

┕━━━━━━✿━━━━━━┙
♡✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♡
Thank you! Also, thank you for giving me more questions. I was stumped. Iresx is a lovely person and builder. Thanks for the feedback!

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Great interview! love to see your doing the builders too. ^w^

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
Great interview! love to see your doing the builders too. ^w^
Thank you, Ducko! Doing all staff is a priority since no staff should be left out of this. Also, another thank you for the feedback!

Viclyn_

Lunarlyn
Lunarlyn
Eyyyy, that's an amazing interview..again not disappointed at all. I love both the staff interviews but the builder's one are amazing too, since I was a builder a long time ago... nostalgia, anyway good job Neptune sis ❤️

rk0660

Staff member
Diamond
rk0660
rk0660
You never fail to disappoint with your interviews!

I’m glad that builders are being interviewed - this was really interesting and inspiring to read!

Iresx

Builder
Diamond
Iress
Iress
Builder
Thank you for interviewing me! It was a lot of fun to answer the different questions 😊.

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
Eyyyy, that's an amazing interview..again not disappointed at all. I love both the staff interviews but the builder's one are amazing too, since I was a builder a long time ago... nostalgia, anyway good job Neptune sis ❤️
Thank you for the feedback! Since builders are technically apart of the staff team, I thought I should interview them as well. I recently interviewed Zhypo also. I didn’t know you were a builder! There is no doubt in my mind that you are an amazing builder.

You never fail to disappoint with your interviews!

I’m glad that builders are being interviewed - this was really interesting and inspiring to read!
Glad I don’t disappoint :D I love interviewing the builders, as well. Very inspiring.

Thank you for interviewing me! It was a lot of fun to answer the different questions 😊.
No problem at all! You had great answers. :D. Thank you for agreeing to the interview!

Toast

★ Aka: Yuka ★
Diamond
Iron
YukaToast
YukaToast
Diamond
🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️
Oooh, this was an exciting interview!!
Thanks for getting him to do this.
As always it's exciting to learn more about people in the community
🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️​

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️
Oooh, this was an exciting interview!!
Thanks for getting him to do this.
As always it's exciting to learn more about people in the community
🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️🎃🕸️🕷️🕸️​
I agree! It is always interesting. Thank you for the feedback.

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
Always love this time when you interview people! Very good detailed questions i love it.
Keep doing what you’re doing!! :)

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
Always love this time when you interview people! Very good detailed questions i love it.
Keep doing what you’re doing!! :)
Thank you, Bcof! Glad you are enjoying the series.

Mr_Oz13

Mister Oz Thirteen
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Mr_Oz13
Mr_Oz13
Senior Moderator
I always love reading your interviews. Keep it up! Loved reading about building haha, when I can only build a dirt shack. Got me inspired ;)

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Loving the original series, keep it up! I look forward to these, this one is my favorite so far.

nehtptune

Diamond
Gold
nehptune
nehptune
Diamond
I always love reading your interviews. Keep it up! Loved reading about building haha, when I can only build a dirt shack. Got me inspired ;)
;) oz we all know you and mac make the best dirt mansions in the game. thank you for the feedback <3

Loving the original series, keep it up! I look forward to these, this one is my favorite so far.
thank you for the feedback! i really like this one as well.