???

Is it worth it anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOLQ

YOLQ
YOLQ
1640910531396.png

In my opinion, after seeing this, I thought, is it worth keeping the server up? Is it worth spending money and time running the server just to get on average 20-30 players? and that number is only gonna keep decreasing I hate to see this because skycade was one of the top servers that I played on all the time, I would on it every day, but in 2021, the servers are emptier than my friends' list. I mean what do you guys think, is the server gonna keep going down/gonna go up, and should the staff team keep it up?

liamvj07

outsparkled
outsparkled
there will come a point when they can either sell the gig to a big network or close completely
they wont be able to continue running it like this

Wowzerpantz

IGN: McMac81
Diamond
MCMac81
MCMac81
Diamond
View attachment 26236

In my opinion, after seeing this, I thought, is it worth keeping the server up? Is it worth spending money and time running the server just to get on average 20-30 players? and that number is only gonna keep decreasing I hate to see this because skycade was one of the top servers that I played on all the time, I would on it every day, but in 2021, the servers are emptier than my friends' list. I mean what do you guys think, is the server gonna keep going down/gonna go up, and should the staff team keep it up?
Not sure when it was at 20-30 players, haven't seen those numbers in ages.
It has been at best between 5 - 15 at very best.

No I think the server is haemorrhaging money, and they are all pretty dead servers that they use for each game mode, even the most popular "SMP" is now at very low levels

Merlyn

ez
Diamond
Iron
melanopod
melanopod
Diamond
even sadder, the staff team barely keeps you updated on it, if there was clear transparency between both sides then at least we would know what was going on.

HotDawger

H to the D, SMP Manager
Staff member
Manager
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Manager
even sadder, the staff team barely keeps you updated on it, if there was clear transparency between both sides then at least we would know what was going on.
More info should be coming in the near future

Wowzerpantz

Diamond
MCMac81
MCMac81
Diamond
This server doesn't have long enough to have a near future.
If you lot don't act sharpish the few remaining players will also bugger off.
Then Skycade will be done for if it isn't already judging on how little come near here now

Edit: 2 players online ONLY as of writing this post

WOW 2 whole players even then it'll be 1 with an alt

Honestly just cut your losses and shut the doors, this place is dead and buried.

hypews

very epic
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Jr. Dev
hypews
hypews
Jr. Dev
This server doesn't have long enough to have a near future.
If you lot don't act sharpish the few remaining players will also bugger off.
Then Skycade will be done for if it isn't already judging on how little come near here now

Edit: 2 players online ONLY as of writing this post

WOW 2 whole players even then it'll be 1 with an alt

Honestly just cut your losses and shut the doors, this place is dead and buried.
We are working on things behind the scenes. We aren't announcing anything yet just so management doesn't need to work to a deadline. Main reason for this is to not put pressure on developers creating the content, reduce the bugs that might appear and allow us to release a polished content update.

Wowzerpantz

Diamond
MCMac81
MCMac81
Diamond
We are working on things behind the scenes. We aren't announcing anything yet just so management doesn't need to work to a deadline. Main reason for this is to not put pressure on developers creating the content, reduce the bugs that might appear and allow us to release a polished content update.
I'm sure the new things will please your 2 to 3 players.

zonc

factions manager
Staff member
Administrator
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
zonccccccccccccc
zonccccccccccccc
Senior Moderator

T2NA

muppet
Diamond
T2NA
T2NA
Diamond
planning to release a document about the money laundering

Merlyn

ez
Diamond
Iron
melanopod
melanopod
Diamond
More info should be coming in the near future
yeah to the 1 person playing the server? just give us more info so we can actually be informed about what is happening instead of most players leaving because THERE IS NO STAFF TO MEMBER COMMUNICATION

CoolGuyBossYT

Ethan__114
Ethan__114
yeah to the 1 person playing the server? just give us more info so we can actually be informed about what is happening instead of most players leaving because THERE IS NO STAFF TO MEMBER COMMUNICATION
Maybe they can't announce anything yet because it is too early to determine. We will have to wait for a bit and hope everything goes well.

hypews

very epic
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Jr. Dev
hypews
hypews
Jr. Dev
Maybe they can't announce anything yet because it is too early to determine. We will have to wait for a bit and hope everything goes well.
This!

Astra112

Loves like a star.
Diamond
Ramshella
Ramshella
Diamond
His comment still valid tho max 20 people care about the resets

Wowzerpantz

Diamond
MCMac81
MCMac81
Diamond
His comment still valid tho max 20 people care about the resets
20 is being generous since there's not been 20 on at one time for ages.

Edit: yet again as of this post 1 online

O N E ! <<<<<

The server is done close it save yourselves money

hypews

very epic
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Jr. Dev
hypews
hypews
Jr. Dev
I'm going to lock this now.

To reiterate: we currently have no plans to close the network. We know that Skycade isn't what it once was, but as we've said before, we're working on plans to help with this.

We appreciate each of you for still being here, but we ask that you stop posting saying these things such as "dead server," and instead suggest any ideas you have that could better the server. It would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.