What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

January Creative Build Competition

TBIWOG

Arinay
Arinay
gg

An_Eggplant

SirTeee
SirTeee
I made a Kraken!

He's one big boi sea boi, said to live at the coasts of Norway and Greenland
IGN: SirTeee
/p h SirTeee

I would show pictures but it says "Oops!, we ran into some problems" all i have to say is oof

Piscesofrylee

Helper
Staff member
Helper
piscesofrylee
piscesofrylee
Helper
Thank you for everyone who participated in the December Creative Build Comp! This was my first time having to review the applications and in the end I was surprised to find myself in tough spot and ended up choosing @Rosemary and her partner JadeHonor to be the winner among the other wonderful Christmas builds. And in saying that, here are some other competitors who even Santa would've enjoyed visiting:

@Piscesofrylee

@Virtuoso

@AstroStqr✧ with a cute reindeer made by @Realtra

January's theme will be of mythical creatures. There are a multitude of mystical beasts and creatures that have been fantasized and feared, some even before humans were capable of reading and writing. So along with the usual entry of replying to this thread with a video or screenshot of your plot + your username and whoever helped you (a maximum of 2 people can receive the prize) it would be cool to know: the name of the creature you built and some background on the myth/lore it belongs to - It would be interesting to read up on it but it is not necessary to do so and will not effect the actual build's judgement. The winner will be granted the almighty and elusive "The Designer" suffix given to only those who have been a winner to the builder competition!
As per norm there are a few limitations, any stolen builds or schematics will mean a warning point is put on your account there will be no plot size restriction to see how it goes but remember... quality is key. There's no need to add shaders or any special visual modifications to your entries posted below because I will be visiting each plot in-game with vanilla minecraft, but if you'd like to, just add one as an extra screenshot
Forgot to include the final day to enter will be January 30th! Have fun everyone
Well done everyone! Can't wait to see all the crazy creatures everyone builds aha!

Ochlophobia

Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia's Entry:

An ogre (feminine: "ogress") is a legendary monster usually depicted as a large, hideous, man-like being that eats ordinary human beings, especially infants and children. Ogres frequently feature in mythology, folklore, and fiction throughout the world. They appear in many classic works of literature, and are most often associated in fairy tales and legend with a taste for infants.

This beauty, is Shrek the ogre. Shrek is a large, green, physically intimidating ogre with a Scottish accent. He made his first appearence in the book "Shrek!" in 1990 and ever since then, has touched human hearts of all ages.

Other than my build being filled with talent and beauty it also, has an amazing backstory. I hope you like it! Be sure to leave a like on my YouTuber video (I appreciate it a lot ;)).

Mwemi

euphena
euphena
im not really sure what my mythical creature is, its like a sea dragon, serpent, a dragon without wings

Edou_

I build stuff
Builder
Diamond
Edou_
Edou_
Builder
Ochlophobia's Entry:

An ogre (feminine: "ogress") is a legendary monster usually depicted as a large, hideous, man-like being that eats ordinary human beings, especially infants and children. Ogres frequently feature in mythology, folklore, and fiction throughout the world. They appear in many classic works of literature, and are most often associated in fairy tales and legend with a taste for infants.

This beauty, is Shrek the ogre. Shrek is a large, green, physically intimidating ogre with a Scottish accent. He made his first appearence in the book "Shrek!" in 1990 and ever since then, has touched human hearts of all ages.

Other than my build being filled with talent and beauty it also, has an amazing backstory. I hope you like it! Be sure to leave a like on my YouTuber video (I appreciate it a lot ;)).
Hahahhaha I love it!!! Great build, I'm laughing so hard rn
EDIT: you didn't make him fat so im taking a point off

Last edited:

TessieBear76

TessieBear76
TessieBear76
Ochlophobia's Entry:

I think we all know who is going to win :)
Best of luck, your entry is great and made me start laughing. Great choice!

Materializing

❊ Rand ❊
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Diamond
Another question - I’ve already posted the screenshot and details of my build, but I’m sort of still working on it. Am I allowed to keep updating it even if I’ve already posted it?
I’m not adding more to the unicorn build but clouds, so it won’t be much different, I’m just building a thing underneath, and I’m thinking I’ll include it in the final entry if I’ve finished it by the time it ends, and if I haven’t finished it I’ll just leave it out. Is that alright?
(I hope that made sense haha, if you visit my plot it might make more sense)

Piscesofrylee

Helper
Staff member
Helper
piscesofrylee
piscesofrylee
Helper
IGN: Piscesofrylee
Plot ID: 21:2
The main creature in my build this month is a centaur. These creatures have a unique appearance, with their body being from a horse, but the torso, arms and head of a human. These creatures represented chaos, and their need for trouble was often displayed in sculptures and stories created by the Greeks. Some believe that some centaurs only showed this behavior after drinking wine, which could have made the Greeks cautious after hearing the stories.
The small pixies below the mushroom was a quick add, as I felt like doing it ahah. Pixies are often depicted as small creatures with normal coloured skin, pointed ears and eyes, and wings that are similar to a dragonfly.

Bibliography:
Greek Mythology- https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Creatures/Centaur/centaur.html
Greek Gods & Goddesses- https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/myths/centaurs/
Mythology- https://mythology.net/mythical-creatures/pixie/

Last edited:

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Ochlophobia's Entry:

we have a winner

ProfessorSlimez

Randy SrMod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
ProfessorSlimez
ProfessorSlimez
Senior Moderator
Another question - I’ve already posted the screenshot and details of my build, but I’m sort of still working on it. Am I allowed to keep updating it even if I’ve already posted it?
I’m not adding more to the unicorn build but clouds, so it won’t be much different, I’m just building a thing underneath, and I’m thinking I’ll include it in the final entry if I’ve finished it by the time it ends, and if I haven’t finished it I’ll just leave it out. Is that alright?
(I hope that made sense haha, if you visit my plot it might make more sense)
If you make changes to your build before the deadline you can edit your original post with the changes you have made :)

Ochlophobia

Ochlophobia
Ochlophobia
Hahahhaha I love it!!! Great build, I'm laughing so hard rn
EDIT: you didn't make him fat so im taking a point off
aw thank you!
heyyyy I made him chubbyyyy

Bunny

madhatterbunny
madhatterbunny
Owner: madhatterbunny
Plot: 96; -71

A group of adventurers stumble upon a cave where upon entering they run into a band of goblins. The goblin leader and his band attack the party and exchanged blows with these outsiders. The goblins were sadly taken out by the party, an easy fight to them. But there seem to be more to this cave of wonders. Treasure! Stolen goods! A rumble in the cavern. Something was aware of there presence, and very angry. The sound of rushing water echoed in the caverns as the party grew closer to the source of the water. They pushed past the vines and entered a vast echoing cavern. The darkness a burden to those who stepped in. One, two, three steps a party member fell off the ledge and into the open caverns below with a splash. Another rumble as snake like shadows moved in the darkness and coiled around growing pillars of stalactites and stalagmites. The party drew their weapons. "It's some Hydra thing right?" To their horror, ten eyes opened at the ends of the eye stalks. Its yellow eyes glowed and looked down on those that trespassed. The scream of one in the party echoed in the chamber as the Beholder opened its maw and readied an attack.

Last edited:

Bubble1118

bake the cake bake bake the cake
Diamond
Gold
___bubble___
___bubble___
Diamond
Ah here it is! We (ohliv and me ___bubble___)had to put up the walls because we had some "interesting" neighbors. Go to /p v ohliv to see it

Basically, we made some pixies. Pixies live in forests and store gold and shiny things inside trees. Pixies are very mischievous and steal cool stuff idk. I cant write so imma just copy paste a small paragraph about pixies. (thats allowed right. yea it totally is)

Most kids are unaware about pixies because they are infamous. Pixies have colored hair and skin. Pixies have butterfly like wings. These wings are not so large when compared to their body size. Pixies are just 4 inches in size. However, in some stories, you can see pixies in clothes. When it comes to temperament, pixies are mischievous in nature and can sometimes be rude. They pull pranks on others and spend their time getting in trouble and putting others in trouble. If you have read Harry Potter or watched the movie, you can remember the damage the pixies do to the classroom of Professor Lockhart in the second book/ movie: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. It is hard to tell about the gender of pixies. Pixies are constantly fighting fairies. They thrive on nectar and pollen and have a lifespan of 20 years. They are faster than fairies and ferocious fighters. They fight for the people whom they love and who love them. Pixies are also allergic to silver.

LunarLivvie2007

Iron
StarAbyss18
StarAbyss18
Iron
Thank you for everyone who participated in the December Creative Build Comp! This was my first time having to review the applications and in the end I was surprised to find myself in tough spot and ended up choosing @Rosemary and her partner JadeHonor to be the winner among the other wonderful Christmas builds. And in saying that, here are some other competitors who even Santa would've enjoyed visiting:

@Piscesofrylee

@Virtuoso

@AstroStqr✧ with a cute reindeer made by @Realtra

January's theme will be of mythical creatures. There are a multitude of mystical beasts and creatures that have been fantasized and feared, some even before humans were capable of reading and writing. So along with the usual entry of replying to this thread with a video or screenshot of your plot + your username and whoever helped you (a maximum of 2 people can receive the prize) it would be cool to know: the name of the creature you built and some background on the myth/lore it belongs to - It would be interesting to read up on it but it is not necessary to do so and will not effect the actual build's judgement. The winner will be granted the almighty and elusive "The Designer" suffix given to only those who have been a winner to the builder competition!
As per norm there are a few limitations, any stolen builds or schematics will mean a warning point is put on your account there will be no plot size restriction to see how it goes but remember... quality is key. There's no need to add shaders or any special visual modifications to your entries posted below because I will be visiting each plot in-game with vanilla minecraft, but if you'd like to, just add one as an extra screenshot
Forgot to include the final day to enter will be January 30th! Have fun everyone

GG to her!

JustSkeleton

JustSkeleton
JustSkeleton
A little backstory first: Long ago, there were 4 dragon Lords, each ruling over an element, Earth,Water,Fire, and air. While all of these dragons could breath fire, some were also able to breath each of these elements. For Centuries they lived in peace, until the fire dragons attacked. By the time the war ended, the 4 dragon nations were forced to go into a new Dimension, much to the chagrin of the Earth Dragons, who vowed to return one day, and reclaim the Earth for the dragons. Today is that day,

My name is JustSkeleton, and this is my submission, my first ever:

CuppaTee

Tea is better than coffee.
Gold
CuppaTee
CuppaTee
Gold
IGN: CuppaTee, n0lOnGtErMdAmAgE
Plot ID: CuppaTee 2
Backstory: We made a Leviathan! The Leviathan was a mythical sea-dragon which originated from Greek mythology. In this scenario, people have attempted to populate a forbidden valley. Obviously, it was forbidden for a reason, and they soon find out why! This plot was made in collaboration with n0lOnGtErMdAmAgE and took about 12 overall hours to complete. It consists of a mini-settlement, a graveyard, and of course, a big scary monster :D

link to Imgur page with pictures: Hope it works!

Good luck to everyone!

Cuppa and Damage.... AWAY!!!!!!!!