What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

July CREATIVE BUILD Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Staff member
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
June Build Competition Pirate Cove
WINNER

Fellow Buccaneers
@AstroStqr✧ & @Sara7645 - Silent Lagoon
- /p v JustAstro
@Himatric & @Recalibrationaly - A Pirate's Life
- /p v Himatric
@TheAwrKIng & @XxWolfGirl123xX - Pirates in a Bottle
- /p v TheAwrKing

Visit June's Pirate Cove Builds to see the rest of the pirate fleet

July Build Theme: Temple Of ... You decide!

By this I mean you choose what temple you wish to create like the Temple of Doom from Indiana Jones or Temple of Zeus. If what you want to build doesn't fit "Temple of..." it can also be "The ... Temple" or if you want to make up your own temple you can! Have fun with it.

How to enter? Reply to this thread with:
- Entry Title
- Your Username (and your building partner, only 1 partner is allowed to help you if any)
- A screenshot or image link from websites like gyazo or imgur of your plot (Each entry is visited ingame by myself with vanilla mc, so don't rely on fancy shaders in your pics)
- Include the cmd to get to your plot, e.g. /p v nocookies4me 1

Guidelines
- Only 1 partner is allowed, include their username in your entry.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE Build on 1 plot, can be merged but the entry must be the size of a one unit plot.
- If you work on your alt's plot, include the alt's username for me to be able to tp to the plot.
- Any stolen builds or schematics will mean a warning point will be added on to your forums account, so don't do it.
- You can still edit your build if you decide a certain dandelion just isn't quite in the right spot, but please no major changes, if so, edit your entry to it's final form.
- If the command you included to visit your plot does not work or is not listed I will not go looking for the plot myself
- Leave questions down below with a @nocookies4me

Prize?
Super rare suffix only attainable by winning this monthly competition!
buildtime.PNG

**Last Day to Enter: Tuesday July 30th**

Last edited:

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
i am disappointed

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I am in no way meaning to be rude or critical of your decision but please tell me how pigggines’s won, there was nothing special about the build, it wasted so much space that could have been used for more details and whatnot. I’m not saying mine should have won either, but theirs should not have won.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
I am in no way meaning to be rude or critical of your decision but please tell me how pigggines’s won, there was nothing special about the build, it wasted so much space that could have been used for more details and whatnot. I’m not saying mine should have won either, but theirs should not have won.
Empty space doesn't mean wasted space. Your build is quite cluttered and a little bit hard on the eye, the right build won imo.

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
Agreed, all of them are wonderful but personally I would of chosen another one.

OfficiallyCelled

💕✏️Movie Night Poster Designer ✏️ 💕
Diamond
OfficiallyCelled
OfficiallyCelled
Diamond
Hello Astro!

I am not here to cause any arguments, just to spread my opinion, I agree with Cookies for choosing this build, they have focused more on the cove then the pirate ship, they have used the space they were given more. After reviewing yours, I saw it was very trapped when you could've spread it more out and have different things other then repeating the same thing over and over again. Your walls was way too big meaning very little space was available to build inside.

You may not agree, this is my opinion.

Many thanks,
OfficiallyCelled | Alex

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Empty space doesn't mean wasted space. Your build is quite cluttered and a little bit hard on the eye, the right build won imo.
Yes I understand that, I’m not implying mine was better in anyway. Just my thoughts.
After reviewing yours, I saw it was very trapped when you could've spread it more out and have different things other then repeating the same thing over and over again.
Your walls was way too big meaning very little space was available to build inside.
Trapped because I have 2 plots whereas they have 9, repeated for the same reasoning.

One thing to suggest for future competitions; restrict the plot size that we can build on? It’s not fair to newcomers / regular players who don’t / aren’t able to blow $30 for a 3x3 plot space or any upgrades at all. Having a larger plot space allows for so much more opportunity and just larger scaled builds in general whereas many people are constrained to a single 40x40. Or allow them to be built on a private single player world or something.

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Staff member
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
It is possible to still have a nice build on a 1 unit plot: But the 1 unit plot size restriction can get implemented back since I understand it is a competition and those who enter should have equal basic starting ground. Since this month's thread was just made I'll make an edit with the update.
Thanks for the suggestions :)

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
Temple of DrJacoby12...
Just myself

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond
FluffyBean17
FluffyBean17
Emerald
It is possible to still have a nice build on a 1 unit plot: But the 1 unit plot size restriction can get implemented back since I understand it is a competition and those who enter should have equal basic starting ground. Since this month's thread was just made I'll make an edit with the update.
Thanks for the suggestions :)
Eyyyy it’s me and chuyanakaharas build and yes I like pigginesses build

BulliedKoala

bree
Diamond
Gold
sikeBREE
sikeBREE
Diamond
Looks like someones salty.. Y’all literally worked on your build and finished in on the first day of thr competition. We took our time and we didnt over-detail. No hate ily ok i got hacked lmfao - bree

BulliedKoala

bree
Diamond
Gold
sikeBREE
sikeBREE
Diamond
Yes I understand that, I’m not implying mine was better in anyway. Just my thoughts.

Trapped because I have 2 plots whereas they have 9, repeated for the same reasoning.

One thing to suggest for future competitions; restrict the plot size that we can build on? It’s not fair to newcomers / regular players who don’t / aren’t able to blow $30 for a 3x3 plot space or any upgrades at all. Having a larger plot space allows for so much more opportunity and just larger scaled builds in general whereas many people are constrained to a single 40x40. Or allow them to be built on a private single player world or something.
2x2*

Pigginess

qshlyn
qshlyn
Thank you for picking us as the winner, it's very appreciated. Everyone did a wonderful job with their builds and I see there is a lot of controversy over the builds and who should've won. One thing I would like to point out that I saw a few others mention is the fact that the theme was in fact pirate cove. Majority of builds I saw did in fact only focus their attention on a pirate ship, not the whole theme. I do agree with the plot advantages though and how they should be restricted.

yakovliam

yakovliam
yakovliam
I don't know, but I don't think you heard the Noteblocks I made for the build :rolleyes:. Also did mine in one unit.
Gg to the winner, although I really don't feel like they should have one because of my opinion on the build (my opinion, not fact!).
Truly good job to @Pigginess, you deserve it for your hard work.

https://bit.ly/2Xt4yFO

Last edited:

Bozzyyyy

creeper? please no stop
Diamond
Iron
Bozzoof
Bozzoof
Diamond
"The Shirley Temple"
Bozzoof, solo
NOTE: Apparently a shirley temple isn't a well known drink across the entire world, so i just want to clarify that it's a non-alcoholic cocktail. This is somewhat of a joke submission, but it was fun to build nonetheless.
2019-07-03_15.59.59.png
2019-07-03_16.00.11.png
edit: forgot to add plot - /p v Bozzoof 2
(I used shaders, yes, but only because I literally downloaded them yesterday and these were the first pictures taken)

Last edited:

DrWhoFan2005

DrWhoFan2005
DrWhoFan2005
Temple of Doom
DrWhoFan2005 - solo
My recreation of the Temple of Doom from the Indiana Jones movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"
/p v DrWhoFan2005 1

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
IGN: Bcof
Screenshots: Location: /plot v bcof
Description: For this competition I felt I had ran out of ideas. My build represents Athens/ Afghanistan.

hubblybubbly

I think I am a good builder? no? okay.
Diamond
hubblybubbly
hubblybubbly
Diamond
Entry Title: The Temple of the Four Elements
Username: hubblybubbly (Solo Build)
Screenshot: Location: /p h hubblybubbly 3

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond