What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jumping on the train and addressing Emerald rank/other ideas

Bozzyyyy

creeper? please no stop
Diamond
Iron
Bozzoof
Bozzoof
Diamond
Hi, everyone seems to be talking about the new subscription-based Emerald rank. I really don’t have words to describe it.
I do have numbers, though-5/10. Overall it was kind of a hit and miss for me; here are the main reasons why I don’t believe this was the best.
First of all, the idea was great. A subscription-based rank upgrade is a GREAT IDEA. It would bring more money in monthly instead of one upfront payment, allowing for a steady income. However, this seemed a bit shady to my eyes. First, they gave us no information on how to cancel it on either of the announcement pages. We know this is an automatic subscription from the store, where it says you give Skycade permission to take £7.99 every month without notifying you. How do you cancel the subscription, though? I have yet to get a response from sales.

Now, on to the actual rank. I feel like it’s okay at best. It breaks a trend that my OCD (yes, actual OCD) gets frustrated by. This is the brackets outside of each rank being the color of the rank below them. Gold is iron outline, diamond is gold outline, so emerald should be diamond outline, right? Wrong. It’s gold. That’s just a picky thing on my part though. Now on to the custom suffixes. It’s a great feature, however I think it should also be added separately to the store, for maybe £20 around, give or take. I do like the addition of this, though.
This is my biggest bother with the rank -
The white text. Not even the staff have white text, so they could be drowned out by emeralds and they won’t be able to communicate as clearly (unless they buy the rank separately? Not staff, can’t clarify).
It also clogs up chat in my opinion. My first choice would have been to not have white text at all, but since you started to give it out, let’s just go all out on it. Give diamonds white text too. We paid £60 for the rank, the least we should get is white text. Maybe emerald gets access to chat formatting (like &2,&a,etc)? Just an idea.
If I’m forgetting anything, let me know.
These are my thoughts on this whole thing.

Sara7645

Always Classy and a little bit Sassy 🍭
Staff member
Diamond
Sara7645
Sara7645
Gonna do my little comment thing don’t mind meeeee

However, this seemed a bit shady to my eyes. First, they gave us no information on how to cancel it on either of the announcement pages.
I can see why you find this shady! I’ll be sure to message Alex about this and get an answer on how to cancel it for the people wondering!

Now on to the custom suffixes. It’s a great feature, however I think it should also be added separately to the store, for maybe £20 around, give or take
This is a wonderful idea! There’s a suggestions section on the forums where you can suggest this as a potential idea. Higher ups often read them and the good ones get looked at and reviewed :).

Not even the staff have white text, so they could be drowned out by emeralds and they won’t be able to communicate as clearly
Staff were given the white text before emerald rank was even released! It helps us stand out in the chat more.

Overall some good ideas that should really be in the suggestions section if you really want them to be considered.

xChocobear

I_like_Dogz
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Diamond
neat
but I disagree
also there is a way to cancel it its on paypal