???

Keeping threads on track

Viargentum

it's is my life
Iron
viargentum
viargentum
Iron
I personally think it'd be great to give the OP of a thread the ability to delete messages from non-staff members, as it would give them the ability to maintain control of the thread and keep it on topic.

Nosuchthingj

Justnaa
Justnaa
I personally think it'd be great to give the OP of a thread the ability to delete messages from non-staff members, as it would give them the ability to maintain control of the thread and keep it on topic.
heard of a great thing called zenforo. its already in here

thom

legend
Diamond
thomwridal
thomwridal
Diamond
bad idea, if its a post about a new idea or opinion they could just delete ones of ppl disagreeing with then so their argument looks more supported

Viargentum

it's is my life
Iron
viargentum
viargentum
Iron
bad idea, if its a post about a new idea or opinion they could just delete ones of ppl disagreeing with then so their argument looks more supported
That's a good point I didn't think of that, thank you for bringing that up. I can see that that could end up being a problem, but to what degree to forum arguments or opinion posts matter? In the end if it's about a new feature, it's up to the staff team to decide, and I believe the ability to prevent a post from going off topic is an important feature that outweighs the possibility for the shifting of an argument.

Bcof

my heels are higher than your future
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Members could use it to their advantage. Like said above You can get everybody to agree with you, otherwise you can delete it to make it look like it.

PigMatt

Rarely active lol
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Members could use it to their advantage. Like said above You can get everybody to agree with you, otherwise you can delete it to make it look like it.
i agree with this, maybe helpers or something should have the perms so they can keep threads on track that could work!

DarkNinja

Barely a mod.
Dxrk9
Dxrk9
Staff can already delete posts to delete post farming and people bringing a thread off track. Giving the OP perms to delete and there'd be people abusing to delete posts that disagree with them or just to be annoying.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8
Staff can already delete posts to delete post farming and people bringing a thread off track. Giving the OP perms to delete and there'd be people abusing to delete posts that disagree with them or just to be annoying.
maybe we could make it so a staff member has to "Ok" it before it gets deleted, kind of like a quick report thing.

DarkNinja

Barely a mod.
Dxrk9
Dxrk9
maybe we could make it so a staff member has to "Ok" it before it gets deleted, kind of like a quick report thing.
What way would it work? If it gives staff notifications it would be used as a mass spamming tool.
And if u had to click on a thread an it popped up itd be redundant as youd already be reading through and see it.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8
What way would it work? If it gives staff notifications it would be used as a mass spamming tool.
And if u had to click on a thread an it popped up itd be redundant as youd already be reading through and see it.
maybe for all staff, there would be a tab next to home called "reports" they could go through some of them and punnish the people that are breaking the rules!

ANewHope

Hello There
Staff member
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
They keep going off-topic because of post farmers. It will probably change soon.

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.