What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KitPvP Map Suggestions - 1

Fallen

Lover of WelshAlex
Diamond
Mufscuit
Mufscuit
Diamond
First thread on a few suggestions for the map on KitPvP. The map right now is too boring and plain for anything exciting to happen. Currently there is just about one cool spot to go to, the area around the bridge up from the tower. It's just not interesting to fight on Skycade, it's all the same terrain, every now and then you fall into a hole, where soul sand makes the fight worse for both of you, or one of you falls in lava and the other person camps them until they die after 2 minutes. Nothing else is different, and the map is too open with no interesting spots to turn and fight for your life if you're running, so the entire time someone just runs for 5 minutes until lag kills them, or the chaser gets bored.

A couple examples of cool spots to build where fighting would be interesting:
- A cave without soulsand, or fire, or any of that crap please. Just make a relatively open cave. Something that could add a lot to it would be if you centered it under the large tree at spawn, and throughout the map there were different cave corridors leading into the larger cave. Some are dead ends, some are straight shots, some pass lava pools, some water pools, some are just drops into a long climb back up, whatever. But the point is that it's interesting a fun, and it's a place where you could run in order to continue to fight, instead of just continuing to run. The cave would be a central hub for activity and fighting on the map, spreading it out more and making more interesting fights between players, instead of all directly below spawn, which gets old after the third person killed. The large central cave would also be a good spot for 1v1s between players, since the duels plugin is funky at best, and also doesn't have custom kit support.
- A forested section. Pretty self explanatory, but I'll go more in depth. An area of custom built trees, medium thick, laid out in a semi grid pattern. This would allow people to try to lose their attacker, or get some hits from behind with proper movement. It also works well with...
- A connection of trees in the sky. So the idea is to have trees, like the one on the hill and to the right of the tree, probably smaller than those, running a stream of interconnected bridges and pathways through the air, hanging off the trees. Some bridges would have railings, others wouldn't. One might, as an example, lead up to the bridge via the tree next to it. The possibilities of this can also lead into whatever the builders decide to make in the map as well.
- A hollowed out, possibly decaying for looks, tree trunk with a circular bottom, mostly flat but with a little bit of depth, maybe 1-2 blocks. This would be a perfect place to 1v1 anyone you wanted, with the mostly flat ground providing good room to pvp, but the depth allowing for some strategy with your positioning. The sides would be sloped for spectators to watch the fight, or join in to make it a free for all! It's a good spot for those on KitPvP who would like to have fights to settle arguments or test their skills.
- A waterfall and lake area, one without the terrible, mucky, uneven water surface. Put some lily pads on it for mobility, but take away the dreadful patches of dirt in the water that plague the other two water areas.
- Perhaps a small house or two, maybe an apartment, but a small, enclosed, hallway and in-your-face fighting environment. This could even be something like a tree eaten out by termites if you wanted to stick with the mostly natural build theme. People could camp here to help their friends in a losing battle, jumping on their opponent when they're lured in, or help trap the runner with the chaser having a friend hide in the building as well. This just provides another interesting place to fight, less of the flat boring nothing, and a little more strategy in your fighting and running.

Next, please, please, get rid of the giant, ugly, terrible tree trunk of a spawn. Something that might work a lot better would be a redwood, or something similar, with branches coming off for sniper spots, leaves for cover, and small rooms enclosed within the branches. The players could spawn at the top of the tree, in the leaves, and fall down similarly to what is current, but it would look a lot smoother, and free up more room on the ground, or just make it look cleaner. The inside of the tree could be hollow with staircases in order to get up to the branches, or perhaps vines/ladders could produce the same effect for the outside of the trunk.

Thank you for reading. Hopefully staff will take this into consideration and implement some of it, for the betterment of KitPvP in total. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Hell yeah +1

TheWestKorean

TheWestKorean
TheWestKorean
Yes, this is true and they need a more intersting map +1

Worv

Myself
Staff member
Helper
MVP
Diamond
Worv
Worv
Helper
I would love to see this map established on KitPvP. It does seem bland to see the same map (holidays either modify it slightly or remove some of the aesthetics and replace it with other builds). Although changing the terrain completely and adding multiple places to discover would be time-consuming and costly, it would allow players to have more fun fighting one another in different populated areas within the map and locate possible strong spots to set strategies in. It is also plausible that some players may join the server to see such changes.

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Hi Fallen, here are my thoughts on this suggestion!

A cave without soulsand, or fire, or any of that crap please. Just make a relatively open cave. Something that could add a lot to it would be if you centered it under the large tree at spawn, and throughout the map there were different cave corridors leading into the larger cave. Some are dead ends, some are straight shots, some pass lava pools, some water pools, some are just drops into a long climb back up, whatever. But the point is that it's interesting a fun, and it's a place where you could run in order to continue to fight, instead of just continuing to run. The cave would be a central hub for activity and fighting on the map, spreading it out more and making more interesting fights between players, instead of all directly below spawn, which gets old after the third person killed. The large central cave would also be a good spot for 1v1s between players, since the duels plugin is funky at best, and also doesn't have custom kit support.
Almost every single Kitpvp map had some sort of cave system, but I sure do like this idea!
Maybe having a whole connected cave system that goes almost everywhere under the map would be nice, getting to places without many obstacles in the way.

A forested section. Pretty self explanatory, but I'll go more in depth. An area of custom built trees, medium thick, laid out in a semi grid pattern. This would allow people to try to lose their attacker, or get some hits from behind with proper movement. It also works well with...
A connection of trees in the sky. So the idea is to have trees, like the one on the hill and to the right of the tree, probably smaller than those, running a stream of interconnected bridges and pathways through the air, hanging off the trees. Some bridges would have railings, others wouldn't. One might, as an example, lead up to the bridge via the tree next to it. The possibilities of this can also lead into whatever the builders decide to make in the map as well.
A hollowed out, possibly decaying for looks, tree trunk with a circular bottom, mostly flat but with a little bit of depth, maybe 1-2 blocks. This would be a perfect place to 1v1 anyone you wanted, with the mostly flat ground providing good room to pvp, but the depth allowing for some strategy with your positioning. The sides would be sloped for spectators to watch the fight, or join in to make it a free for all! It's a good spot for those on KitPvP who would like to have fights to settle arguments or test their skills.
I mean why not haha, pretty much the same as the cave system. Though I don't really understand the fighting/1v1 part... I've really never seen players on kitpvp do that before lol

Perhaps a small house or two, maybe an apartment, but a small, enclosed, hallway and in-your-face fighting environment. This could even be something like a tree eaten out by termites if you wanted to stick with the mostly natural build theme. People could camp here to help their friends in a losing battle, jumping on their opponent when they're lured in, or help trap the runner with the chaser having a friend hide in the building as well. This just provides another interesting place to fight, less of the flat boring nothing, and a little more strategy in your fighting and running.
Maybe we could have some houses in the trees and forest you suggested earlier hehe, hanging from the trees with several ropes etc...

Next, please, please, get rid of the giant, ugly, terrible tree trunk of a spawn. Something that might work a lot better would be a redwood, or something similar, with branches coming off for sniper spots, leaves for cover, and small rooms enclosed within the branches. The players could spawn at the top of the tree, in the leaves, and fall down similarly to what is current, but it would look a lot smoother, and free up more room on the ground, or just make it look cleaner. The inside of the tree could be hollow with staircases in order to get up to the branches, or perhaps vines/ladders could produce the same effect for the outside of the trunk.
Blame edou for making it that way lol
I was rather thinking about something more structure-like, having a temple or something similar to what Skyblock has, but way more detailed :D

Duckowap

Gamer
Staff member
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
I'd love to see these suggestions on the kitpvp map

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
This would be amazing to see on kitpvp, it's really annoying when people run around the rather bland map non stop for like 10 minutes (and then sometimes in my case at least, get kill sniped by someone else, usually a strafe, anyway). If I have to spend 10 minutes chasing someone, a change of scenery would be nice.

MrAJYT

CheetahYT
CheetahYT
Hell yeah +1

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
- Caves
Honestly I’d love to see this. Caves were my go-to hiding spot when my internet died, but more importantly they were somewhere you could go to have a 1v1 without having to wait nine years (cough fix /1v1). They made it interesting, instead of the same terrain almost everywhere you went. So yeah, +1

- A forest
I totally agree with this, it would be pretty cool to try and pvp in a forested area, and I can imagine it being good fun. Also, it would be nice to have a type of terrain we’ve never seen before on kitpvp (as long as I’ve played). +1

- Sky trees
Not sure I really like this idea, the only reason being it’s a bit to complex for the builders and for the map in general. It doesn’t really make sense I suppose, although it could be cool. I think it would just crowd up the map. -1

- Tree trunk
Hell yeah, this would be a pretty cool addition and I’d love to watch some 1v1s play out in it. It’s sort of like an arena, but fits the theme. Nice! +1

- Better waters
Totally agree with this. Not only is it annoying for players using common kits, it’s also incredibly obnoxious for hydra kit users. This map basically killed the hydra kit and just made water annoying. +1

- Buildings
I like the idea of a building, but I feel like a broken-down apartment would look pretty cool and be more useful for pvp. I’m sort of envisioning those old maps if anyone ever used to play Survival Games (throwback) that had all these buildings that were all old and full of holes. That could be what you’re suggesting, I don’t know I’m tired, but I like it. +1

- The spawn
God please get rid of it.
I’ve hated the spawn ever since the reset happened. It’s just awful and badly built, no offense to the builders or anything but it’s just so bad. We need an easier spawn that doesn’t have a huge drop from the spawn and floor, and doesn’t have all these little areas where people can just hide. +1

Honestly I’d love to see all of these added (but that one) so staff chop chop get on your game

Oinkie oof

quit but still visits forums
Diamond
Iron
SadSharinganLvl3
SadSharinganLvl3
Diamond
this would be intrseting, even tho i dont play kitpvp i might do abit more if the scenery gets spiced up abit, i like all these suggestions
+1

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
the heck this isn’t a role playing game we don’t need all this junk for noobs to go and hide if u look at real arenas they’re all open space -1

Last edited:

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
the heck this isn’t a role playing game we don’t need all this junk for noobs to go and hide if u look at real arenas they’re all open space -1
So with that arena, those "noobs" can run for about 10 minutes and not get killed. It's annoying af and boring.

H

hashbrown1

Great idea I would play it then +1

EddieStobart

not as toxic as foodie
Diamond
Gold
Elytras
Elytras
Diamond
I think the map isn't practical. Anyone who says it's badly built however is wrong. The map is awesomely well built however I do agree gave systems would be EPIC. +1

NotDebut

Head4che
Head4che
I agree. +1

litprism

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp
So with that arena, those "noobs" can run for about 10 minutes and not get killed. It's annoying af and boring.
noobs can’t get away because they suck at running and even if they do it’s not a big deal because there’s more people around

Alexanderbr0

alexanderbr0
alexanderbr0
the builders are 2 lazy for this xP

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Emerald
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Emerald
noobs can’t get away because they suck at running and even if they do it’s not a big deal because there’s more people around
That isn't always the case though. If they have archer, and it's pretty empty on kitpvp at that time, it's really annoying.

TessieBear76

imagine being a minimod
Diamond
Gold
Iron
TessieBearr
TessieBearr
Diamond
100% +1, kitpvp really needs this

TrySimple

Iron
TrySimple