KitPvP Reset Ideas 2

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
I'm happy about the other thread (https://skycade.net/threads/kitpvp-reset-ideas.24249/) because it still shows kitpvp has a voice in the community. This will be a followup thread including more ideas and more detail of what I think the next reset should be like in my own opinion and the opinions of others:

I know this is kinda spam as well but Taon said keep them coming which is what I'm doing hehe

Here it is:

More competitive play:
I think kitpvp should be more competitive, the only thing competitive about KitPvP is the kills and death leaderboard, and that's only if you are going for kills or deaths, which we should make it more competitive and offer the suffix reward like how it was during Factions, for top killers and/or deaths. Which in my opinion would make kitpvp more competitive which is what it needs imo.

Seasonal Maps:
I really enjoyed the seasoned maps, like the Easter map and all. We should keep doing this I really enjoyed seeing new builds on Kitpvp.

Guilds/Factions:
Yes Yes, kitpvp is suppose to be FFA but I think that should change ever so slightly. If this were to be considered this would have a member limit, teaming with other Guilds would be allowed. There would be a top guilds leaderboard, and every x amount of kills that the guild gets will equal a Guild point.

Example: GuildA has 2 members, PlayerA and PlayerB. PlayerB gets 600 kills, and PlayerA gets 400. Together that's 1,000 kills. It takes 1,000 kills between all the members to get 1 Guild point.

Edit: Guild owner would be able to change it so friendly fire is on or off

Weird idea but I think it would be fun for team fights and whatnot.

Random Teleportation:
Hear me out here, you know how in SMP/Factions there's the portals to teleport to the wilderness, we could have this in KitPvP to teleport to a random place in the map to slightly prevent spawn camping.

Event Shop Additions/Modifications:
This goes out to specifically Taon cause I'm pretty sure he works on the event shop (Hey Taon o/)

What I would change is the "Dying and not losing your killstreak" (forgot the name I'm in bed typing this) timer from a minute to like 5 minutes or permanent, because as Strafe for example you'll never know when you will be snuck up on and 2 shot, that 1 minute timer probably won't be enough.

Event Starter: Event tokens could be used to start new events as well, obviously has a server-wide cooldown so this cannot be abused.

Map Suggestion:
A little cool thing I would like to see next reset is a 1v1ing area built for a 1v1. Like an arena people can climb in and out of. For example in the mushroom map the cave to the left of spawn by the chill mountain or whatever it's called was used for 1v1s and we (atleast I did) called it "The 1v1 Cave" would be cool to see something like that again.

Mission Suggestions:
As said in the last post there should be side quests. And Taon said he will bring it to Alex and if he approves I have some suggestions. Also the quests should be automatically started.

Killer (daily):
Goal: Kill 100 people
Reward: 500 coins

Unkillable (daily):
Goal: Get a 15 killstreak
Reward: 1,000 coins

Bounty Hunter (daily/weekly):
Goal: Kill 10 people with bountys
Reward: 1 key / 1,500 coins / temporary booster

Revenge (daily):
Goal: Kill someone that has recently killed you (red name tag)

Assistant (daily):
Goal: Get 50 assists

Anti-Farming Bug:
So there's this bug on kitpvp when you kill someone more than 3 times it doesn't give you rewards. Right, so on your sidebar it doesn't add as a kill. But when you hit ESCAPE then go into Statistics it actually still counts as a kill so the Anti-Farming plugin works as it is intended but it still counts as a kill on leaderboards which I found out about a long time ago because my kills on my sidebar is not what it says on leaderboard. Just gotta throw this out there. Same thing with deaths. Hopefully the stat tracking can be fixed!

Auto-Help Bot:
If a new player joins this bot could help them. The bot will answer the general questions. "How do you buy/get kits" "how do I play" etc. Pretty much like /faq but automated based off of what a player says in chat.

Temporary booster for new players:
Saw this on a suggestion post a long time ago, forgot who posted it so this isn't directly my idea. If a new player joins for the first time they will have a 1 hour booster to help them get kits quicker!

Hope you enjoyed reading this loool

Last edited:

DabOnDatCheese

Not Toxic
MVP
Diamond
ShelbyIsBestGirl
ShelbyIsBestGirl
MVP
They need to have several maps and then have a map rotation every week or how ever long they want until it automatically switches

SubatomiX

iiLogan
Diamond
Gold
Diamond
Epic

Hampuu

dead server
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Diamond
like this

Pokemonfan10

Oof
Emerald
Diamond
HcGamer64
HcGamer64
Emerald
Also, add some new kits and maybe add a Kill Top (A Kill top would be like /f top on factions back when they did it)

Duckowap

Gamer
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Diamond
Also, add some new kits and maybe add a Kill Top (A Kill top would be like /f top on factions back when they did it)
1. In my opinion, more then half the kits are rarely used, adding more would just be a waste of time.
2. This already exists, there are leaderboards at spawn.

Fancy

Default Settings 😎
Iron
xFqncy
xFqncy
Iron
Heyyy I really loved how you took the time to write this up ❤ I agree on all points of especially the seasonal maps! 🧡🧡

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
1. In my opinion, more then half the kits are rarely used, adding more would just be a waste of time.
On the other post, I suggested making a huge poll or multiple polls on the kits and decide on what kits to remove/modify

D

Deleted member 585

stupid suggestions just
1. buff every poop kit
2. make better maps
3. make you have to drop soup urself

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Hey Negative, here are my thoughts on your ideas!

More competitive play:
I think kitpvp should be more competitive, the only thing competitive about KitPvP is the kills and death leaderboard, and that's only if you are going for kills or deaths, which we should make it more competitive and offer the suffix reward like how it was during Factions, for top killers and/or deaths. Which in my opinion would make kitpvp more competitive which is what it needs imo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​
Kitpvp has a quite limited player count most of the time, but maybe if rewards earned by succeeding achievements such as killing x amount of people, or getting on x kill streak. +1!
Seasonal Maps:
I really enjoyed the seasoned maps, like the Easter map and all. We should keep doing this I really enjoyed seeing new builds on Kitpvp.
I really enjoyed making the easter map for kitpvp this year! I wanted to try something different instead of just pasting some eggs and a rabbit, so I changed the whole map to fit with spring ;D. If I'm in charge next time for preparing the map for an event I'll be sure to do as much changes like I did with the easter one! +1
Guilds/Factions:
Yes Yes, kitpvp is suppose to be FFA but I think that should change ever so slightly. If this were to be considered this would have a member limit, teaming with other Guilds would be allowed. There would be a top guilds leaderboard, and every x amount of kills that the guild gets will equal a Guild point.

Example: GuildA has 2 members, PlayerA and PlayerB. PlayerB gets 600 kills, and PlayerA gets 400. Together that's 1,000 kills. It takes 1,000 kills between all the members to get 1 Guild point.

Edit: Guild owner would be able to change it so friendly fire is on or off

Weird idea but I think it would be fun for team fights and whatnot.
I kind of like this idea. This may bring more competitive spirit to Kitpvp and that's what I like ;D.
Though I'm not really able to see how this benefits Kit in any other way :c. +0.5!
Map Suggestion:
A little cool thing I would like to see next reset is a 1v1ing area built for a 1v1. Like an arena people can climb in and out of. For example in the mushroom map the cave to the left of spawn by the chill mountain or whatever it's called was used for 1v1s and we (atleast I did) called it "The 1v1 Cave" would be cool to see something like that again.
I'd take that into account if I was to be the one building the next map! +1!
Random Teleportation:
Hear me out here, you know how in SMP/Factions there's the portals to teleport to the wilderness, we could have this in KitPvP to teleport to a random place in the map to slightly prevent spawn camping.
Good idea! Though I'm pretty confident that players wouldn't use it most of the time and just go straight. Maybe we could have 2-3 spawning locations (equipped with leaderboards / holograms like spawn) and when someone dies, they get randomly teleported to one of those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. +0.5!
Event Shop Additions/Modifications:
This goes out to specifically Taon cause I'm pretty sure he works on the event shop (Hey Taon o/)

What I would change is the "Dying and not losing your killstreak" (forgot the name I'm in bed typing this) timer from a minute to like 5 minutes or permanent, because as Strafe for example you'll never know when you will be snuck up on and 2 shot, that 1 minute timer probably won't be enough.

Event Starter: Event tokens could be used to start new events as well, obviously has a server-wide cooldown so this cannot be abused.
I more than agree with this. Right now the event shop feels like a scam to me, things are wayyyy too expensive, even the protection upgrade. I'd need to afk farm these if I wanted to one day be able to purchase one of them! +1!
Mission Suggestions:
As said in the last post there should be side quests. And Taon said he will bring it to Alex and if he approves I have some suggestions. Also the quests should be automatically started.

Killer (daily):
Goal: Kill 100 people

Unkillable (daily):
Goal: Get a 15 killstreak
Reward: 1,000 coins

Bounty Hunter (daily/weekly):
Goal: Kill 10 people with bountys
Reward: 1 key / 1,500 coins / temporary booster

Revenge (daily):
Goal: Kill someone that has recently killed you (red name tag)

Assistant (daily):
Goal: Get 50 assists
I'd say it's a good idea. Since ways of earning coins right now are pretty limited, it'd be a good way to earn some (points at you expensive /refreshkit)... +1!
Anti-Farming Bug:
So there's this bug on kitpvp when you kill someone more than 3 times it doesn't give you rewards. Right, so on your sidebar it doesn't add as a kill. But when you hit ESCAPE then go into Statistics it actually still counts as a kill so the Anti-Farming plugin works as it is intended but it still counts as a kill on leaderboards which I found out about a long time ago because my kills on my sidebar is not what it says on leaderboard. Just gotta throw this out there. Same thing with deaths. Hopefully the stat tracking can be fixed!
I'd see fixing this as kind of useless as it doesn't really affect the gameplay but still could be fixed. +0.5!
Auto-Help Bot:
If a new player joins this bot could help them. The bot will answer the general questions. "How do you buy/get kits" "how do I play" etc. Pretty much like /faq but automated based off of what a player says in chat.
I believe this is already possible with ChatControl (the plugin used to prevent spam / filter messages on Skycade I think). I can detect messages sent in chat and reply automatically (normally it should already be shown off as an example in the config files):
If a player says "how do/can you/u get/earn/buy kits?" then respond to the player with the message from faq1, easy ;D. +1!
Temporary booster for new players:
Saw this on a suggestion post a long time ago, forgot who posted it so this isn't directly my idea. If a new player joins for the first time they will have a 1 hour booster to help them get kits quicker!
I'd see this as an idea to give new players a chance to be able to succeed more instead of getting absolutely rekt by strafes and quit afterwards. Tbh I don't really have any reasons why this is a bad idea, so +1!
Good suggestion overall, I hope some of those ideas get implemented!

Fluffymossy

choofed
choofed
The only issue is with revenge achivement it will encourage people to target their latest person that they died by
Other then that i like it

Pokemonfan10

Oof
Emerald
Diamond
HcGamer64
HcGamer64
Emerald
What I meant by "new kits" Is remove some old kits and make some new ones.
Also a kill-top reward (Top 3 gets like store credit or the /f top rewards)

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
10/10 idea
I will bribe Hugo to make the maps so we could rotate it like Cheese’s idea. @HugoDoesStuff name a price

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.